(Topic ID: 171399)

POLL: BM66 vs Dialed In- Which machine offers more value for $9,000 ?

By kpg

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 145 posts
  • 64 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by KingBW
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Which Machine "Feels" closer to a $9K MSRP?”

• Batman '66 by Stern 66 votes
    16%
  • Dialed In by JJP 341 votes
    84%

(407 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

frabz-SO-PUT-THAT-IN-YOUR-PIPE-AND-SMOKE-IT-dd93a1 (resized).jpg
gj5f4 (resized).jpg
Cat-629936 (resized).jpg
2813587-7186055389-008bbb907ea7a75a44cff992f9b905cd (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
DILE-Left-proxima (resized).png
B66 (resized).jpg
DI (resized).jpg
BM66 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dmbjunky.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#15 7 years ago

I assume you're using a B66 Premium but doesn't that game have a cheaper MSRP at $8600. Sterns also enjoy a greater reduction when you buy them from some distributors. I've heard some say final price of $7800. Compare that to DI's $9k plus $500 shipping

The B66LE might be a closer comparison price wise. I don't think they enjoy as much of a distributor discount or even one at all.

#18 7 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Dialed In by a mile. Far more features, tech, better quality, better LCD animations and I'm sure code support.

With Lyman doing code I'm interested to see what he comes up with. Does he work on animations as well or is there another person for that?

#27 7 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

For me the biggest ding against Batman is the big toy is a reuse. It's like if Dialed In had an upper playfield with a spinning power company building or something.
I don't actually understand why Stern went that route. New art, new spinning toy, new code from Lyman, expensive price tag, reused toy and half a playfield from a game that no one was clambering for a remake of.\
If it was just a clever VE then okay, but Lyman doing new code wipes that notion out. So why not finish the job and make a totally new game?
Dialed In is at least totally original from top to bottom. I'm not buying either, no value for that cash in my book in either game at that price, but if they dropped down Dialed In is the one I'd be interested in because it's new and different.

Do you think it could have been because Gomez insisted to head the project? He stated he's a big fan of the show but also said he doesn't have a lot of time to devote to game design. Maybe this was a quick and easy way for him to be a part of the design of a theme he loves.

While it is disappointing it's mostly a reused layout, I could see how the adjustments, new theme and code could make a better game. We've seen rethemes be better than the original before (Iron Man) but it better not be a carbon copy of modes and code (Spider-Man VE).

#35 7 years ago
Quoted from Flato:

GB at least had some innovative features mag slings rock.

I would agree there. Like Gomez says, what matters is under the glass.

#52 7 years ago
Quoted from Yipykya:

Yeah, swapping and storing doesn't sound appealing but doing it in front of guests and letting them participate in the switcharoo has a certain "Show Off Cool Factor" to it though.

I'm thinking about making some cool boxes for my playfields like video game boxes. Maybe model it after the Atari 2600 game.

It would be the equivalent of people having shelves of video games. Maybe Heighway should start selling accessories like this.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#69 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Build quality is actually one of the single most important things consumers look for in a manufactured product before making a purchase- for literally every product, in every segment.
But somehow pinball machines don't matter?
You should see my piece of shit playfield on my GBLE now. Trust me, I spent $8K on it from Stern, and build quality *does* matter to me.. especially when they have raised prices since dropping that doosey on the pinball market.
Here's the thing.. We enjoy playing GB more then Hobbit lately, because it's a fun game. But reality is, GB feels like it was built in China by some $3/hr laborers and Hobbit feels like a quality American made product. I just wish JJP would have made GB. Both were about the same price, but Hobbit actually feels and looks like a higher quality machine and that does matter to me.

Did you hear that sound? That was the mic being dropped.

#91 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Who would buy a pinball machine just because its built like a tank and looks gorgeous as the main reason? Nobody i hope
Theme
Software
Artwork
Price

This is just comparing Batman, Alien, Dialed In and I'll throw Domino's in there since it's shipping at the same time.

Theme - Alien
This will vary depending on the person but Alien is an awesome theme to me.

Software - Dialed In
This might be a tie with B66 but Sterns have always taken awhile to get the code done.

Artwork - Batman
It may be just a collage of images but I think it works well and makes an impression while the other two are kind of mediocre.

Price - Domino's
It's lower.

These are the things I can judge from my computer. Gameplay can't be judged till I see these in person though the response of people who played Dialed In has left an impression.

#116 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

iconic theme versus no theme

I think I need to play Dialed In before making that claim. If we looked at every original theme in pictures before we played it and compared it to some licensed theme we would say the same thing.

The used machines that command the highest dollar today are original themes not licensed.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Machine - For Sale
Haddonfield, NJ
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 27.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 34.99
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

7,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Carlisle, PA
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Lighting - Led
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Grand Rapids, MI
$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 163.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 144.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Docquest Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
ScottyMods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dmbjunky.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bm66-vs-dialed-in-which-machine-offers-more-value-for-9000?tu=dmbjunky and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.