By geopin

5 years ago

Stats

• 13 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by geopin
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

Find

Search this topic for posts matching certain words or written by a specific Pinsider. Or both!

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20110822_202848.jpg

#1 5 years ago

Does anyone know what triggers the blue topper on lw3 to spin? I have 18vdc on one wire from the power supply board to the light. The other wire comes from the cpu board. Any ideas would be helpful. Thanks

#2 5 years ago

First thing to do is check that it is set to "on" in the menu. I believe it's referred to as "Mars light" in the menu, set it to enabled.

#3 5 years ago

Not sure how to access the menu.

#4 5 years ago
Quoted from geopin:

Not sure how to access the menu.

The first thing you should do is go to http://www.ipdb.org and download a pdf copy of the LW3 manual.

I don't own a LW3 currently, so this is from memory, but it will be close.

Open the coindoor, and you should see a couple of buttons mounted to it. One you can depress and it will stay pushed in, the other will not. The one that stays pushed in controls whether you are going forward or backwards through the menus. The other one will cycle you through the adjustments and bookkeeping functions. You'll need to progress through the menus until you get to the adjustments. At adjustment setting 13 you should see "Expand adjustments menu" or something like that. Push the start button like you are starting a game, and it should change this to "yes". (pushing the start button cycles through any adjustment) This will enable you to see all the adjustment menu settings. You can change balls/game, extra balls, etc etc through here. The police beacon is up above 50, make sure it's set to be on during the game.

Hope this helps.

Post edited by Dewey68 : wrong link, it's not .com, D'oh!

#5 5 years ago

Thanks will check it out this evening. Also will download the manual from ipdb. Appreciate the steps to get the beacon to work.

#6 5 years ago

I updated the ROMs on mine and it made a big difference in game play.

#7 5 years ago

I have some new roms coming this week. Game A2.08, rom0 display A2.06 rom1 display A2.06. Are these the same ones you installed?

#8 5 years ago

Thats them. Also look yours over for crispy connectors. Once I fixed a couple of these its been rock solid.

20110822_202848.jpg

#9 5 years ago

Will look the connections over this evening. The new roms are just plug and play correct?

#10 5 years ago

Thanks to you all, topper is working perfect.

#11 5 years ago
Quoted from geopin:

Thanks to you all, topper is working perfect.

What fixed it?

#12 5 years ago

My guess will be that it was just turned off on the menu. If it was anything else I'am sure he would be asking as it seems he is unsure of the machine! Glad you got it fixed

#13 5 years ago

Easy enough just follow what Dewey68 said by going to the adjustment screen and at adjustment 13 it will say advance adjustments. When you get to #45 it will say police light. Set this to on and it will work.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 40.00
Lighting - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Apparel - Unisex
Double Danger Pinball
$ 74.99
$ 16.00
Tools
PinballSolutions.eu
$ 109.00
Cabinet Parts
Tilted Pinball
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 99.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 129.00
Cabinet - Other
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
$ 44.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
$ 239.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Tim's Pinball Mods
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Bright Lights Pinball
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 160.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 46.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Note: This is an old thread. The last post was made to it 2,122 days ago. Resurrecting old threads is not necessarily a bad thing, if you think the topic is still relevant and/or your post is beneficial to it (e.g. following up on something). In other cases, it might be better to create a new topic.

Wanna join the discussion? Sign up for a Pinside account, or log in if you already have an account.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside