(Topic ID: 203143)

Blue Chip rules check

By Grangeomatic

6 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 6 years ago

So I recently got a Williams Blue Chip working again for a friend. They told me it’s been out of commission for about 20 years. Actually, it was in pretty good shape. Got some steppers and score reels working properly, checked all the relay contacts, and everything seems to be working properly.
However, I’m not 100% sure it’s working properly, so I need to check on the rules. As I hit the 1-8 targets, things seem to light up as expected. Great. Once I hit them all, 1-8, the special lights up. But then it never unlights, and 1-8 never unlight. So basically, once you light them all up, everything stays lit for the rest of the game, even into the next ball.
This doesn’t seem right, but I can’t seem to find anything on the schematic on IPDB that shows how these would be reset at the end of the ball, or when you finally get the special, which is what I would expect.
Can any of you Blue Chip owners out there help me out?
Thanks,
Jeff

#2 6 years ago

I don't have mine anymore, but mine had some wiring mods made by a previous owner which I think had to do with facilitating this as it seemed to work as you describe from the factory. Looking at the schematic, the trip bank reset (which is what resets the 1-8) definitely only fires on game start, so the 1-8 should never reset during the game

#3 6 years ago

What you described sounds like the way mine operates. It's possible there are a few settings that could change the action, but what happens with mine, is that the more "light up" you get, the more you score. The more you score, the more extra balls you get, and then you get ridiculous high scores! That "agglomeration" is what makes the game so much fun.
Since it's a single player game, you get to keep the lit pins.

#4 6 years ago

Ok, guys, sounds good to me.
I've always liked "agglomeration".
I'll leave it as is and call it good.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/blue-chip-rules-check and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.