Topic Stats

• 5 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Otaku
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 2 years ago

Just picked up a Blue Chip. Works pretty well, but the first thing I noticed is after I hit the reset button is that the "reset" motor/stepper seems to run for a LONG time after the score is reset. I'm brand new to this title so any ideas for troubleshooting would be helpful.

#2 2 years ago

Mine runs for a max of three cycles after the score reels finish their 10 steps, unless the bonus unit isn't zeroed yet. Most of that tune is spent stepping the ball count down to 0 and then back up to 5. What is your ball count doing during this time?

#3 2 years ago

Hmm, let me check that...

2 months later
#4 2 years ago

It shouldn't be doing that. It should reset the score to zero, then nearly immediately deposit the ball for play. If it is allowed to keep running, it will just wear out faster if it hasn't already. I've found on my EMs that pulling/reseating connectors helps to dislodge corrosion and can cure wonky behavior (this is true for SS games too), so I always do that first when the cause isn't obvious. Check all relay contacts too to make sure one isn't buzzing, has burnt contacts needing cleaning, or isn't closing when it is supposed to. Check coil appearance to make sure they aren't burnt brown which is a sign that they are either gone or are about to be gone. Blue Chip has a DC playfield, so playfield maintenance is relatively easy. Earlier games are all AC and are even more troublesome to keep contacts clean both in the box and on the playfield. Once you move to SS, all these maintenance problems go away. Usually EM problems point to themselves. Use your nose and your eyes looking for blue/yellow sparking and ozone/smoky smells. If it sparks or stinks, it needs help. Glad you found your Blue Chip. Mine is still in the church, putting smiles on kid's faces.

#5 2 years ago

This thread is two months old, hopefully it's fixed by now, but if not and you'd like a second opinion I also live in Shillington, PA! (Basically Reading) Only about 30 minutes or so away.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 99.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Sales
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Elburn, IL
$ 6.00
Electronics
German-Pinball-Modular
Electronics
nvram.weebly.com
€ 60.00
Flipper Parts
Buthamburg
$ 14.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
$ 999.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields
$ 20.90
Apparel - Unisex
Pinball Haus
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 62.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 14.95
$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Pro
$ 159.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod
$ 275.00
$ 249.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Tilttopper
Apparel - Unisex
Pinball Wheezer
$ 79.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 14.95

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside