Topic Stats

• 10 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Mbecker
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 6 years ago

Was recently changing out my bulbs on my Freddy pinball machine to leds when my stand which is metal to my playfield slipped and touched something causing a burnt smell and killing all of my lights on my playfield and start button. Checked the controlled lamp and switches fuse and also the playfield illumination fuse both are blown. Ordered fuses patiently waiting in mail for them. Has this ha[oened to anyone before? Is there anything else I fried that I need to start looking for to replace?? Just started gettting my Freddy to 100% then this happens smh. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

#2 6 years ago

Yes there could be other things fried...but let's not think aboot that until we get the new fuses.

#3 6 years ago

My opinion, but better to change out bulbs with machine off.. also just generally to work on anything unless your measuring voltages or something that requires power..

But yeah- could have blown other fuses.. if your coin door is closed you’ve got high voltage on the pf plus your GI voltage, lamps, and optos whoch will be there either way. Easy to short a number of circuits..

#4 6 years ago

Yeah my dumb ass should have left it off but was trying to find out where each bulb was on playfield with the lamp matrix test. Hope it’s just the fuses cause I know nothing bout fixing boards or circuits

#5 6 years ago

Don't feel too bad. We've all done stupid things. I once dropped my Iron Man playfield into the bottom of the cabinet with the game on. Pulled it right off the tracks!

#6 6 years ago
Quoted from Mbecker:

My opinion, but better to change out bulbs with machine off.. also just generally to work on anything unless your measuring voltages or something that requires power..
But yeah- could have blown other fuses.. if your coin door is closed you’ve got high voltage on the pf plus your GI voltage,
lamps, and optos whoch will be there either way. Easy to short a number of circuits..

Anyway to check other stuff while I wait for my fuses to come in or would I just have to wait for fuses. Any big stores carry those type of fuses so I wouldn’t have to wait for mail delivery?

#7 6 years ago

Home Depot sells glass fuses.

#8 6 years ago

Ok good news found some fuses here at my local radio shack. They were a lil smaller amp a 7 instead a 10 but wanted to see if it would fix the problem and bam it did. It even fixed my problem with some of my bulbs not lighting up. Crazy. Anybody know why it would do that?

#9 6 years ago

Ok so was playing my Freddy pinball game and suddenly all lights that stay on around the machine went out. All I have is GI working now. Just had it going 100% changed all out to LEDS and now this. Checked fuses under playfield one was blown changed it and they still don’t come on. Any help please!

#10 6 years ago

All the lights that stay on ARE the GI lights. Check the fuse you replaced - did it blow again? If for sure there’s no blown fuses and an entire light string is out- check connectors at boards, reseat .. did it burn something at the board connection point.. that’s where I would look. If fuse blew again, you’ve got to start tracing the string around for a short.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
$ 249.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballGeek
Toys/Add-ons
$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Horror Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Displays
Retrocity
Displays
4,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Hilton Head Island, SC
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 12.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
Decals
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Baltimore, MD
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/blown-fuse-2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.