Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 26 posts
  • 18 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by blondetall
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    #1 10 years ago

Today is my mom's birthday, and since she's the reason for our pinball collection, we decided to throw a pinball tournament (the Cindy Pin-dy Birthday Tournament) for the family when they came to lunch today. Husband is still sick with migraines, so he didnt play but made a wonderful lunch from scratch. I babysat, took pics, marked down scores, and showed people how to play. A very fun day and Mom won fair and square, getting Chris Bucci's collection DVD as her grand prize.

#2 10 years ago

Lunch

image.jpgimage.jpg image.jpgimage.jpg image.jpgimage.jpg image.jpgimage.jpg

#3 10 years ago

Happy birthday Mom !

LTG : )

#4 10 years ago

Pinball fun

image.jpgimage.jpg

#5 10 years ago

The winners with their certificates.

image.jpgimage.jpg

#6 10 years ago

Happy Bday to your mom.

Good to see everyone loving pinball.

Let me guess she is 29 again...

#7 10 years ago

Nice! Great to see family enjoy a fun day! Thanks for sharing!~SpOoKy

#8 10 years ago

She's 59 today, going on 29 from the looks of it. She kicked all our butts on most of the 6 machines here, and certainly doesnt act her age otherwise. I fixed up her Flintstones as her actual birthday present but she got it awhile back.

image.jpgimage.jpg image.jpgimage.jpg image.jpgimage.jpg

#9 10 years ago

Happy Birthday to your mom hope the model arrived on time it said delivered. looks like fun

#10 10 years ago

What a great event! Congratulations on a great party and a special day for all.

#11 10 years ago

Happy Birthday Blondetall Mom Tall Blonde!

#12 10 years ago

It just tickles me to see your family playing pins. Went to the NGPL Pin Golf league night last night and really got to enjoy what I expected from a league - a blast of a time playing pinball with other people. Happy Birthday to your mom!

#13 10 years ago

Some really good pinball parties went down this weekend by the looks of it, I challenge the rest of you to have get togethers with your local guys/gals and start some awesome pin party threads!

#14 10 years ago

Nice! The pinheads at the local bar have been playing the heck out of OUR Frankenstein. One even accused the left flipper of being weak because nobody could make the ramp shot consistently lol.

#15 10 years ago

Happy Birthday to your mom hope the model arrived on time it said delivered. looks like fun

It made it here yesterday. I stuck it on my shelf for now, because she was complaining about "too many presents" already, but her anniversary is in a couple weeks so will give to her then.

image.jpgimage.jpg

#16 10 years ago

Nice! The pinheads at the local bar have been playing the heck out of OUR Frankenstein. One even accused the left flipper of being weak because nobody could make the ramp shot consistently lol.

Our playfield is missing the underneath left slider bracket, so the whole left side is a tad bit lower and the ramp is even harder to hit. Still had some decent scores today. I got 1.2B today but I never count my scores since I run the tournaments, and high score on the machine is mom with 2.7B.

// Error: Image 124623 not found // image.jpgimage.jpg

#17 10 years ago
    Quoted from blondetall:

It made it here yesterday. I stuck it on my shelf for now, because she was complaining about "too many presents" already, but her anniversary is in a couple weeks so will give to her then.

Glad it made it ok. Looks like a monster pin sitting next to the others. I have that little pacman candy holder thing I use it to hold coins in at tourneys that aren't free play. That's great hope she enjoys it.

#18 10 years ago

Happy birthday to your mom blondetall. Looks like you put on quite a party and put a lot of thought into everything.

#19 10 years ago

looks like you had fun, happy birthday to your mom!

#20 10 years ago

Yes a week long party Happy Birthday Mom

#21 10 years ago

Very Cool! Sounds like a great party! I like how you made certificates for the winners and how you guys kept track of your scores.

Tell your mom we said Happy Birthday!

#22 10 years ago

Happy birthday mom

#23 10 years ago

Did you get your mom a pin for her birthday?

#24 10 years ago

Awesome thread and thanks for sharing. Happy belated birthday Mrs. Blondetall's mom!

#25 10 years ago

Happy Birthday Mom!! (er, I think she's a hustler!)

#26 10 years ago

It's fun to watch her play Frankenstein, because she will kick our butts somehow. And I don't even attempt to beat her scores on the 3 she has in her bedroom.

No, she didn't get a pin. She got the cartoon decals/translite for Flintstones, a pinball DVD, and the chance to kick our butts on my 6 machines. She almost ordered herself a WOZ from rlevin, but she's a bit pinball broke right now.

I wasn't kidding when I said she's the reason for our family collection. Well, my father also, because I think the money mostly comes from him, but mom has the pinball fever more. I paid for Jurassic Park, and that's it. They've paid for the rest. My sister had a baby recently (see pics above of sister and little Avery) and they helped her out with baby stuff, hospital bills, moving expenses to come back to town, etc. They like to keep things fair between us two kids, so somehow I ended up with pinball machines. Mom 'buys them for her' then when she wants something new and runs out of room, she'll send something to my house to make a spot. She got herself a gorgeous TAF to one-up my JP. Then when they became available locally she got RFM (and sent to my house as an early Christmas present) and Frankenstein went to her room. Then the Pinball Magic she had called dibbs on became available and went to her house, so Frank came to mine. Then we walked into the great fire-damanged Spiderman deal, and she paid for it as my early birthday present and also sent Twin Win over from their basement so I could pretty it up since I was shopping Spiderman. Then she found her Flintstones, which filled up her room, so when I found a very nice NGG within a 2 hour drive she paid for it and sent it to my house. Actually, my dad and I went to get it, and she didn't even get to see it until the next weekend. And poor dad went bouncing around to multiple ATMs trying to get enough cash over the weekend since it was an unexpected purchase.

I'm the finder/tech/shopper and she's the financer. I've got awesome pinball parents, and so when they want a pinball tournament, I throw one, especially on her birthday. I'm getting pretty good at keeping scores and making certificates, which her fridge is proudly covered in by the way. If I can ever get things paid off and/or hit the lottery, I'm getting her whatever pin she wants.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/blondetalls-moms-birthday-pinball-tournament and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.