Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 44 posts
  • 27 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 13 years ago by Brokedad
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Are you snowed in ?”

• Yes can't go anywhere 6 votes
      21%
    • Yes but it's not stopping me 6 votes
      21%
    • Yes but it's mosty ice not snow 0 votes
    • NO 17 votes
      59%

(Multiple choice - 29 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_11440000.JPG
    IMG_12160000.JPG
    IMG_10860000.JPG
    IMG_10690000.JPG
    IMG_1067.JPG
    #1 13 years ago

Well it looks like many of us will have time stuck inside a couple of days to play our machines. Pity those of us with multiple kids to drive us crazy and keep us from them.

#2 13 years ago

We don't have much snow, but the high today is - 3. I could go somewhere, but I'm not going to. I might go out to the garage and grab a beer. : ) And yes I am home with my two little rugrats today.

#3 13 years ago

I live in the Chicago 'burbs and they're projecting about 2 feet of total accumalation!

#4 13 years ago

Its starting to build up now. They say its gona be 8-12 inches in kansas city. Luckily I just got LW3 for the basement. Too bad breakshot is at the office.

#5 13 years ago

We are expecting some sleet and some snow tonight and its going to drop in 20's.I'm in Louisiana

#6 13 years ago

I am in Chicago suburbs looks like 2 feet of snow is coming. Leaving work at 1pm to maje it home before it hits.

#7 13 years ago

Yeah. I know what you all mean my pinball brethren! Down here in Central Florida it's a chilly 70 degrees

Of course the downside is I'm at work right now not playing with my machines

Well, enjoy the snow and your time with the Pins. Those of us who have to deal with balmy 70s in February are thinking of you!!

G

#8 13 years ago

I am in the Chicago burbs also. Alot of snow on the way then blizzard conditions tomorrow.

Good time to clean lotr and work on some others.

#9 13 years ago

Im in Virginia and expecting rain today and some maybe tomorrow. We have dodged the big bullets here so far. A little snow here and there but nothing like some of you guys have gotten.

#10 13 years ago

-22 deg C, here snowing and blowing like crazy, I'm 1/2 hour from the Niagara falls border. Schools closed this morning and expected for the next few days as well.

But.. I just went out and got a new starter for my SWE1 translight, and my new neon transformer for the lightsaber should be here sometime this afternoon. So that will keep me busy.

#11 13 years ago

I'm in VA also......... Very little this year in the way of inclement weather so far!!!!!

#12 13 years ago

We are just suffering here in Southern California today, 9:00am 66 degrees, it really going to be cold at the beach today during lunch…

#13 13 years ago

KC here, cleaning out the storage room, organizing stuff, and emailed HSA Pinball about restoring my AFM playfield. I'm thinking I may as well start the teardown since I'm stuck inside for who knows how long.

#14 13 years ago

-23 Celcius this morning. I'm located in Quebec city, Canada. But we almost have NO snow this winter....All the snow went south....Could you please send a little bit here?

#15 13 years ago

Boston , MA, North Shore. Averaging 1 to 2 snow storms a week since December 20th. Getting a one-two punch today and tomorrow.Expect anywhere from 12 to 30 inches depending on where your located in New England and the final tracks of both Storms. January total snowfall set a new Boston record. Nowhere to put the snow, can't dump it in the Ocean. However living here for 57 years it's not such a big deal. New Englanders are a hearty bunch!!

#16 13 years ago

I hope my LOTR Shaker motor comes before UPS gets stranded - that should give me something to do during our ice storm on its way - NJ here

#17 13 years ago

Next two days will be big time pinball days - gosh what would we do without them?
    Ale , Coffee , radio set to New Wave -I'm set I think

#18 13 years ago

Erak, I'm 1/2 hour from the Falls in Buffalo. So far, no snow, but that will change soon...

#19 13 years ago

"I hope my LOTR Shaker motor comes before UPS gets stranded ..."

LOL! I was thinking the exact same thing about the Pinball Pro speakers I ordered for my Tommy.

They are saying that this could very well be the worst storm we have seen in Chicago since 1967. My dad has told me many stories about that storm. He was trying to make it back home to my pregnant mother when he was forced to abandon his car in the middle of the highway. He ended up being stranded at a friend's house for several days.

On a side note, there appears to be a lot of us located in and around Chicago. We should definitely organize some type of Pinside get together.

#20 13 years ago

A get together in the chicago area would be great. It would definitely have to include a night at tatman's place. I'd make the trip just to play his machines.

#21 13 years ago

Fed-Ex just showed up with my parts from Marco, Gonna have my Star wars 1 fixed up in no time. Drinking hot chocolate and baileys, just got in from shoveling the driveway, not deep enough to use the snow blower yet. But it is supposed to get worse later today.

#22 13 years ago

If there is 2 feet of snow on the ground in Chicago and everyone is snowed in, how are you going to have a "get together?"

I'm in Anchorage and we had 3" of snow last night. Business as usual. lol I think you guys have received more snow than we have.

#23 13 years ago

I am also from kc, glad to see some fellow kansas citians on here. Snow is coming down at a pretty good clip. I will bet we get about a foot.

#24 13 years ago

"They are saying that this could very well be the worst storm we have seen in Chicago since 1967"

My family moved to So Cal from Chicago in 1962 after the terrible snow storm in 1961. I remember my grandmother spent the night in a White Castle hamburger joint with all the folks that were stranded when the city bus came to a grinding halt in the middle of the street. The city was paralyzed for 3 days…

Be sure and let me know how the Pinball Pro speakers work out in your Tommy gweempose!!!

#25 13 years ago

The storm that I remember the most was in 1979. The snow drifts were so high that they were all the way up to the roof of our house. My brother and I dug a huge series of tunnels all around our yard. I was seven years old at the time, so it was just about the coolest thing in the world.

#26 13 years ago

"The storm that I remember the most was in 1979. The snow drifts were so high that they were all the way up to the roof of our house. My brother and I dug a huge series of tunnels all around our yard. I was seven years old at the time, so it was just about the coolest thing in the world."

I remember that one too! We actually did some sledding off my parents roof! The drifts were that high.....

#27 13 years ago

All our snow melted last week, but the cold air is here. We are hitting a high of 18 degrees F today. I realize that compared to some parts of the nation, we are almost tropical.

We could use a little more snow so I can call in sick and hit the ski slopes.

#28 13 years ago

It's just starting to roll in here in North Western Illinois. I am about 100 miles due west of Chicago. The toll road is already very bad just from blowing and the snow has barely started. Tonight is gonna be horrible if your on there. I think everyone should really sit this one out and stay home. Bad stuff.

#29 13 years ago

Rockford, Il here....leaving work early to make the (normally) 45 minute trip home.

Tomorrow - snow day has already been declared. I've got 3 or 4 little things to finish on a Gtb Pinball Pool that I've been working on. Then I can proclaim it "finished". (ya, sure)

#30 13 years ago

here in Iowa and hoping that work will be cancelled tomorrow so I can stay home and play pinball

#31 13 years ago

Gee, I dunno bill2626, but I think everyone would be happier having a get together in chilly Southern Cal (66 deg) or Central FL (70 deg). What do you think?

#32 13 years ago

I can accommodate my fellow pinheads glilly, either way your place or mine (bring your swim suits) and I will fire up the grill!

#33 13 years ago

MAN is it bad outside! Holy Snow Batman!

#34 13 years ago

Out my front door!

IMG_1067.JPGIMG_1067.JPG

#35 13 years ago

Wow! Everyone stay safe!!

G

#36 13 years ago

Whew!! Just got back from my evening run in shorts and t-shirt Sweating all over!!

All kidd'n aside, I'm looking at the weather on the news and that looks rough!!
    I hope you guys all stay safe during the storm and I'll say an extra prayer that the power doesn't go out on you (that would really suck!!).

Stay tite, right and get real mean on the Pinball Machine!!

From balmy Port Orange FL
    G

#37 13 years ago

Holy crap! It is fricken scary out. I've never seen anything like it. The wind is gusting up to 40 mph and blowing the snow all over the place. I have my driveway staked out with those orange fiberglass markers, and many of them are already halfway buried. Anyone trying to drive in this is suicidal.

#38 13 years ago

Southwest Va. barely dropping below freezing, and just a little rain.

This might be dampening my plans for driving out to Philly to look at some pins this week. >_>

blasted weather, lol... actually the doppler shows philadelphia might be a little in the clear? maybe i'll catch a lucky break.

#39 13 years ago

This morning.

IMG_10690000.JPGIMG_10690000.JPG IMG_10860000.JPGIMG_10860000.JPG

#40 13 years ago

More.

IMG_12160000.JPGIMG_12160000.JPG IMG_11440000.JPGIMG_11440000.JPG

#41 13 years ago

oh man your dog is such a trooper - cool little fellow

#42 13 years ago

Ah man! Now I want a Bulldog!

#43 13 years ago

Funny you say trooper. His name is Cooper

#44 13 years ago

My golden retriever Ayly LOVES the snow ... she was playing in it all day and even doing run run ... belly flop

We got her too early as a five week old puppy before xmas 2008. We nursed her and cared for her and never left her alone for those six weeks after.

She is the best dog ever and never chews or does anything bad. She has never been caged. BTW she is the dark red hair kind.

I can leave a bag of open chips on the floor and we can all be gone and she won't touch them.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/blizzardy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.