4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 17 posts
  • 13 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Lermods
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 2 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

pasted_image_(resized).png
    bestwaxIMO_(resized).jpg

#1 4 years ago

Sorry to add to the extensive list of wax topics (which I feel like I've read most of in search of the answer), but I just switched to Blitz and had a question. I know Blitz is fairly hard but mine is almost completely crumbled and does not spread well at all. I was wondering if this is normal and if not is there anything I can do to my current jar (like heating it or something) so that it makes less of a mess on my playfield? Sorry for any misspellings I'm on my phone.

#2 4 years ago

Put it somewhere warm (like a window or heat vent).

#3 4 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

Put it somewhere warm (like a window or heat vent).

Thanks Vid, will do! The first thing I tried was using my heat gun on a small portion I was about to apply to the playfield but it hardened to mostly the same crumbly mess. I assume that maybe the longer slower heat you recommend may reform the consistency of the whole container? I guess I should also ask how much crumbling and chunks of wax should I expect to clean off the playfield? Should it mostly spread evenly across the play field or is this chunky mess pretty common with harder waxes?

#4 4 years ago

It is hard but no crumbles on mine.

#5 4 years ago

You must have gotten a bad batch, mine doesn't crumble send it back.

#6 4 years ago

I hated Blitz personally. I thought it was difficult to use and messy as shit.

I've used this now for about two to three years and love it. It's easy to use and the ball screams across the playfield. I'm certainly not a wax expert, but other Pinsiders have had great success too.

bestwaxIMO_(resized).jpg

#7 4 years ago

If you use the right applicator, you'll find that it'll "melt" with friction when applying. If it's truly dry, then you probably did get a bad batch. It should feel wet and oily to the touch.

#8 4 years ago
    Quoted from VolunteerPin:

It is hard but no crumbles on mine.

Quoted from Pizza-Bob:

You must have gotten a bad batch, mine doesn't crumble send it back.

I figured it should be a lot smoother, thanks for confirming! The top half of the can was completely crumbled and the bottom half was as everyone else describes. I attempted unsuccessfully to remove all the dried and crumbled pieces from the good stuff. My next move is to try to melt all of it together. Regardless, I'll be ordering a new container.

Quoted from Toasterdog:

I hated Blitz personally. I thought it was difficult to use and messy as shit.
    I've used this now for about two to three years and love it. It's easy to use and the ball screams across the playfield. I'm certainly not a wax expert, but other Pinsiders have had great success too.
    bestwaxIMO_(resized).jpg

Thanks for the recommendation! I'll order a can for sure. Do you think you may have had a bad batch of Blitz when you tried it?

Quoted from tamoore:

If you use the right applicator, you'll find that it'll "melt" with friction when applying. If it's truly dry, then you probably did get a bad batch. It should feel wet and oily to the touch.

Half of it does feel oily and moist, the other half is really dry. I was using a microfiber towel as the applicator. Even when pressing one of the crumbled pieces into the playfield to smooth it out it breaks off into smaller pieces and just makes a total mess.

#9 4 years ago

You have a bad batch . I love blitz wax , it sucks that you didn't have a good experience with it because it is like butter. Send it back and reorder

#10 4 years ago
    Quoted from Pizza-Bob:

You have a bad batch . I love blitz wax , it sucks that you didn't have a good experience with it because it is like butter. Send it back and reorder

Thanks bob, yeah a lot of people on Pinside swear by it. Good to know this isn't the way its supposed to be or waxing the playfield would turn out to be quiet the endeavor. I'll give it another go.

#11 4 years ago

41 bucks for wax? Why? What makes this stuff better than mothers?

#12 4 years ago
    Quoted from tamoore:

If it's truly dry, then you probably did get a bad batch.

The wax could of been frozen or got very cold. Or the other, extreme heat, evaporated a solvent out of the wax. Either in transit or on a shelf some were. Unless One Grand (Blitz) only makes small batches of 5 gallons at a time, a bad batch is unlikely, since One Grand has been making waxes since 1933.

#13 4 years ago
    Quoted from dung:

41 bucks for wax? Why? What makes this stuff better than mothers?

pasted_image_(resized).png

#14 4 years ago
    Quoted from Glarrownage:

I was using a microfiber towel as the applicator.

these work better for application:

amazon.com link »

I would rub the applicator in circles in the wax to get it warmed up and lathered on the applicator, then apply to the playfield. I have used blitz for the past year and never has made a huge mess. When it's dry, use your microfiber cloth to wipe up.

#16 4 years ago

I haven't tried blitz or fleetwax yet. I have many different kinds (P21s, Mothers, 3M, Turtle Wax, Kit, Zymol, Surf City Garage, etc). My favorites so far are P21s and Meguiars Gold Class. I get Gold Class at Walmart for 10.76, and I think it is one of the best.

#17 4 years ago

+1 on P21s. Stuff is great, lasts forever as a little goes a long way.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 79.99
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    PinGraffix Pinside Shop
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    $ 4.49
    Electronics
    Yorktown Arcade Supply
    Displays
    PinballSolutions.eu
    $ 25.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    UpKick Pinball
    $ 99.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 999.00
    Pinball Machine
    Mircoplayfields
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 40.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    UpKick Pinball
    $ 27.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 54.99
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 14.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 3.00
    Cabinet Parts
    BK Pinball
    $ 149.00
    $ 5,899.00
    Pinball Machine
    Great American Pinball
    $ 7,299.00
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 90.00
    Lighting - Led
    Geeteoh Electronics
    $ 99.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 599.99
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Stranger Things Topper Out of stock
    Great American Pinball
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Medisinyl Mods
    $ 26.95

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside