Topic Stats

• 9 posts
  • 8 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by Scotty78
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 8 years ago

If a game has an unobtainium part. Is it wrong to replace it with something that may actually work better? I have a double-layer flamesuit on for these two questions...

Game in question is Williams Comet.

1) I have NO center ramp at all (between the two parts playfields I have). I am thinking about building a new ramp as a habitrail instead of a plastic ramp.

2) Having no design experience at all...is it even feasible that a habitrail would work? I can't see why not, since it is a relatively simple one entrance-one exit setup.

The only real negative I can see is the loss of the decal of the rollercoaster at the ramp entrance. Since the habitrail would be 4 pieces of wire, I think you would still see about as much in terms of the PF underneath as you do with the plastic ramp assembly. Might even could get away with 4 pieces of wire at the entrance for control and then go down to two where the ball crosses over the cycle jump.

Thoughts?

#2 8 years ago

Do it. It's reversible.

#3 8 years ago

Is anyone really that defensive about Comet purity?
It's your game, do what you want. Glad to see you are fixing it.

#4 8 years ago

Plastic ramps suck for the most part. If you can replace it with a metal part that will look good, go for it!

#5 8 years ago

Heretic!
Post pictures if you do it.

#6 8 years ago

All I said was "this bit of halibut was good enough for Jehovah!". Good luck with your ramp.

#7 8 years ago

"Jehova, Jehova, Jehova...!!"

#8 8 years ago

Sometimes you just have to do what you have to in order to make a game playable.

If you had the ramp (even broken), I might suggest vacuum forming. But without something to work from, that's probably not going to be an option.

Maybe contact starship fantasy to see if they have plans on producing them?

http://www.starship-fantasy.com/ramps

#9 8 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

Sometimes you just have to do what you have to in order to make a game playable.
If you had the ramp (even broken), I might suggest vacuum forming. But without something to work from, that's probably not going to be an option.
Maybe contact starship fantasy to see if they have plans on producing them?
http://www.starship-fantasy.com/ramps

8100 Comets made and 95% probably have a broken main ramp. NOS ramps are rarer than hens teeth. I hope someone starts making them soon...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 3.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Machine - For Sale
Ogden, UT
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/blasphemy-opinions-please and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.