(Topic ID: 203853)

Blades or not blades? What's your choice?

By attitude05

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 22 posts
  • 17 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by delt31
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 6 years ago

I am trying to figure out if I want to move into getting blades for my pins. What are people's thoughts on them? I see some great blades on pingraffix.com so I am leaning toward it.

Thanks guys!

#2 6 years ago

I put blade art in a few but then I discovered Mirror Blades. That's all I put in mine now. They make the game fell wider and brighter. It's hard to describe but I love em!

#3 6 years ago

+1 for Mirror Blades

#4 6 years ago

I have mirror blades in IM looks great! Then I have art in MET and TAF. Depending on the pin I think either can look great.

#5 6 years ago

Mirror Blades!

#6 6 years ago

Done both. Love both. Some games just look awesome with blade art! Some games loan themselves to Mirrors.

#8 6 years ago

I am waiting on my Pin Stadium lights for my GB and BMDK so I kind of have to act fast.

#9 6 years ago

I have mirrors in all my games

#10 6 years ago

Mirror blades BABY!

#11 6 years ago

Where can I get good ones? I am finding them for about $95 for the high end ones

#12 6 years ago

wow - I thought I was going to be the first to say mirror blades but the second post NAILED it. I used to put art on my sides but now it's mirror all the way. Huge difference and blows away the art.

pinballsidemirrors is where I get mine - very nice. I noticed recently that not all mirror blades are the same. Some are cloudy!

#13 6 years ago

I have them on my Star Trek Pro but not too happy with them. I thinkt hey may be teh lower end ones. They came with the machine.

#14 6 years ago

Mirror blades all the way. I have gold ones on my TOTAN and they look incredible.
    I buy mine from pinballsidemirrors

#15 6 years ago

Mirror blades on all pins!

#16 6 years ago

All my pins have mirrors or graphic blades. The graphics are good but mirrors are better for most imo.

#17 6 years ago

Mirror baldes on my TF and mustang really just opened up the game and it actually helps with GI lighting.

1 week later
    #18 6 years ago

What about the pin graphics? Does anybody like using those instead of me or blades

#19 6 years ago

Overall I like well done art blades better. Some games look good with mirror blades but others do not. For instance, I was going to get mirror blades for my IMVE, until I saw them on my friend's IMVE. It just didn't work (for me). As soon as I saw them and played a few games there was no chance of me putting them on that game. Games like AFM and Metallica also look much better with art blades than mirrors.

#20 6 years ago

Big fan of mirror blades. Bought all of mine from coin taker.

#21 6 years ago

My first pin was JD and I bought some WPC Gold mirror Pinblades from member “Drano” on here. After purchasing them the side blade art starting getting popular and I ended getting a set of blade art instead of using the mirrors. Mirrors are still sitting in the box unused and for sale if anyone wants a set of WPC/Bally gold mirror blades.

#22 6 years ago
    Quoted from John_I:

Overall I like well done art blades better. Some games look good with mirror blades but others do not. For instance, I was going to get mirror blades for my IMVE, until I saw them on my friend's IMVE. It just didn't work (for me). As soon as I saw them and played a few games there was no chance of me putting them on that game. Games like AFM and Metallica also look much better with art blades than mirrors.

MET with mirrors looks unbelievable. The art blades are just too much. I have not seen a pin that doesn't look good with high end mirror blades (they are not all the same).

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/blades-or-not-blades-whats-your-choice and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.