Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

toys_01 (resized).jpg
bladerunner_01 (resized).jpg
bladerunner_00 (resized).jpg
#1 7 years ago

Hey Pinsiders!

Recently i purchased a Stern Lightning pinball (no backglass, broken plastics etc) although i like the machine, the art is a bit..much, so after some thought i came up with the idea of doing a Bladerunner reskin!
So why Bladerunner?...think it fits the playfield very well, love the movie, love the dialogs and the sounds/music...it will be awesome!

This week i official started working/concepting on my this pinball project, i would like to share my first concept!

Also my list:

redesign the playfield, cabinet and backglass
add custom music and sound effects
hopefully some cool gadgets

Any ideas more then welcome!

#2 7 years ago

first conceptual design work in progress: (purple is reference)

bladerunner_00 (resized).jpgbladerunner_00 (resized).jpg

bladerunner_01 (resized).jpgbladerunner_01 (resized).jpg

#3 7 years ago

Ive posted this image before..going to see if they fit here (as making them as well)

toys_01 (resized).jpgtoys_01 (resized).jpg

#4 7 years ago

Very exciting. I like the sketches so far. Adam Savage of Mythbuster's is a huge Blade runner fan and has constructed several prop replica's of Deckerd's gun, you might head over to Tested to take a look for references.

#5 7 years ago
Quoted from VacFink:

head over to Tested

Yeah i saw that episode, amazing stuff!

#6 7 years ago

Hmm have second thoughts over here...should i even consider skinning the Lightning?...any thoughts on that..

#7 7 years ago

Do it sir. There will still be plenty of stern lightning games out there. But only 1 blade runner.

4 months later
#8 7 years ago

Hey Star_Gazer

not sure how I missed this 4 months ago but please share more updates. Great theme and the playfield looks like you could add some interesting themed features to the game.

Could you use the existing rule set - never played it before so not sure but anything is possible and then remove the sound board and use 1 or 2 WAV Trigger boards and for some additional interaction use some Servo Triggers - hit me up if you want links.

Another option is to keep the bottom design and ramps and then modify the top playfield to add the features you like using the same amount of targets etc.

following...

5 months later
#9 6 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

not sure how I missed this 4 months ago but please share more updates.

Hey Swinks,

Update: sold the Lightning to a German guy. (sadly, got only space for 1 pin) Lighting, is a nice, but not so fast game, so maybe not suited for a reskin. (could be my config, or weak coils, i don't know). |This project has to wait for another pinball machine in the future.

#10 6 years ago
Quoted from Star_Gazer:

Hey Swinks,
Update: sold the Lightning to a German guy. (sadly, got only space for 1 pin) Lighting, is a nice, but not so fast game, so maybe not suited for a reskin. (could be my config, or weak coils, i don't know). |This project has to wait for another pinball machine in the future.

G'day Star_Gazer , that is a shame, but totally understand, look forward to the the next set of cool concepts.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
3,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Malboro, NJ
$ 12.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

$ 3.00
Cabinet Parts
20eyes

$ 125.00
Cabinet Parts
Rocket City Pinball

$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bladerunner-pinball-project and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.