Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 39 posts
  • 23 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by RA77
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Which pin would you like to see soon from Stern?”

• Bladerunner 48 votes
      41%
    • Sesame Street 8 votes
      7%
    • Barry Manilow 5 votes
      4%
    • Mad Max 55 votes
      47%
    • My spouse won't let me buy more pins. 2 votes
      2%

(118 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image kid (resized).png
    Master_Blaster (resized).jpg
    8bbdbecf5206f875250413f8a32c7a58d5ef3cbd (resized).jpg
    IMG_3826 (resized).JPG
    #1 5 years ago

With all these retro themes popping out, I would love to see a Bladerunner or at least a Mad Max theme!

#2 5 years ago

Mad Max is more sunshine and high energy. Bladerunner is rain and executions.

#3 5 years ago

Bladerunner. BOOM!

#4 5 years ago

WTF...both of coarse!

#5 5 years ago

This is Pinside, we don't want any more licensed themes, , , or original non-licensed themes!

I agree with above, Mad Max if I had to choose. What could possibly go wrong with another Mel Gibson product?

#6 5 years ago

I love both themes but i pick blade runner the game can be futuristic like with the light up ramps like tron.

#7 5 years ago

I prefer the Blade Runner movies to the Mad Max movies, but I agree that Mad Max would make a better theme for pinball.

#8 5 years ago

My spouse won’t let me buy more pins (that she is aware of)....

#9 5 years ago

Mad Max would bring the boom and there is a lot more material to mine, but a Blade Runner pin would be interesting...

#10 5 years ago

From Stern?? They should keep their hands off our precious dystopian scifi! Someone more edgy should make Bladerunner or Mad Max.
    I still like the idea of "My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic" being Stern's next title... but sure, Sesame Street would be cute too. Or better yet, The Muppet Show!

#11 5 years ago

Mad Max would be very high on my list to buy NIB if released, one of my favourite movie series hence my avatar

#12 5 years ago

Mad Mad: Fury Road was an amazing film. This series would be perfect for pinball.

#13 5 years ago
    Quoted from OldSchoolBlood:

Mad Mad: Fury Road was an amazing film. This series would be perfect for pinball.

Spraying your mouth siilver and shouting "Witness Me" as you close in on a grand champion score would be priceless

#14 5 years ago
    Quoted from balt:

Mad Max is more sunshine and high energy. Bladerunner is rain and executions.

So well said Grasshopper! Mind if I quote you? Really sums it up!

IMG_3826 (resized).JPGIMG_3826 (resized).JPG
    #15 5 years ago

Mad Max or Bladerunner would be fantastic!

#16 5 years ago

Has anyone watched the series "Electric dreams" on Amazon, Philip K. Dick, the guy who wrote "Do Androids dream of electric sheep?" which was the inspiration for Bladerunner? Watched the first 3 but really mixed feelings so far despite being such a fan (I actually saw the first Bladerunner movie at the theater when it first came out twice!).

#17 5 years ago

As far as Mad Max is concerned, beyond the Thunderdome is the only one I will watch again and again when it is on TV, Tina Turner is really something else, what energy!

#18 5 years ago
    Quoted from bladerunner:

Has anyone watched the series "Electric dreams" on Amazon, Philip K. Dick, the guy who wrote "Do Androids dream of electric sheep?" which was the inspiration for Bladerunner?

No, but thanks for the heads up.

#19 5 years ago
    Quoted from bladerunner:

Has anyone watched the series "Electric dreams" on Amazon, Philip K. Dick, the guy who wrote "Do Androids dream of electric sheep?" which was the inspiration for Bladerunner? Watched the first 3 but really mixed feelings so far despite being such a fan ...

I watched the whole thing when it first came out. There were a couple decent episodes, but overall it was pretty disappointing. Black Mirror is a far superior sci-fi anthology series.

5 months later
    #20 5 years ago

BlackKnight 3000????
    What happened to BladeRunner or Mad Max??
    Be patient I must be!

#21 5 years ago

Psst. It's going to be the warriors. But keep it our little secret.

#22 5 years ago

Come on the clear answer is both, If I had to choose one..............I can't. Well as much as I love Blade Runner Mad Max The Road Warrior seems a better fit for pinball. Then again. Both.

8bbdbecf5206f875250413f8a32c7a58d5ef3cbd (resized).jpg8bbdbecf5206f875250413f8a32c7a58d5ef3cbd (resized).jpg

Oh and you would need Thunderdome, Master Blaster Multiball. Just sounds right

Master_Blaster (resized).jpgMaster_Blaster (resized).jpg
    #23 5 years ago

"I'll talk to this Humongous...he's a reasonable man!"

Blade Runner don't have what it takes for a pinball theme. It's all atmosphere and lingering camera shots. And I like to watch Blade Runner...like once a decade.

Mad Max would be a far better pinball theme. Many more memorable characters, action set pieces, and dialogue.

#24 5 years ago

Plus gettign something lie Road Warrior maybe you could even show the people talking on video. Radical concept I know.

#25 5 years ago

This is needed in attract mode for sure.

#26 5 years ago

“Just walk away” seems a poor choice for attract mode.

#27 5 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

“Just walk away” seems a poor choice for attract mode.

Oh yeah. I still want it.

#28 5 years ago

How have we overlooked the even better possibility of a Phillip K Dick " Do Android's dream of electric sheep" pin, far better than the movie that was based off of it. . . Which was still amazeballz. My vote is for my partner not letting me have any more pins tho. . . . Haha!!

#29 5 years ago

Road Kings prt 2

#30 5 years ago
    Quoted from crosbyjack:

How have we overlooked the even better possibility of a Phillip K Dick " Do Android's dream of electric sheep" pin, far better than the movie that was based off of it. . .

Cause reading pages of a book on the LCD screen isn;t super exciting

#31 5 years ago
    Quoted from crosbyjack:

How have we overlooked the even better possibility of a Phillip K Dick " Do Android's dream of electric sheep" pin, far better than the movie that was based off of it. . . Which was still amazeballz. My vote is for my partner not letting me have any more pins tho. . . . Haha!!

Finished the first season of "Man in the High Castle". Amazon series. Phillip K. Dick story too. Way better than the "Electric dreams" that they made too IMHO.

#32 5 years ago
    Quoted from crosbyjack:

" Do Android's dream of electric sheep" pin, far better than the movie that was based off of it.

A book is never better than a film, I'm sure its a good read but no way it comes close to watching Blade Runner.

#34 5 years ago

Mad Max 1 & 2 this would be the Ultimate pinball story,

Don't get me wrong I'm a stern buyer/supporter & fan, but sadly lately Stern has lost there way & cant be trusted.
    The art would be amazing but it would be another stripped out plain Jane machine,
    I can only hope I'm proven wrong,

Please consider this Title deeproot you are our only hope now

Kundalini is still waiting

#35 5 years ago

Ok, more I think about it, more I lean towards Mad Max. What’s not to love about Charleze Theron and Tina Turner on a playfield?

#36 5 years ago

Feral kid Mode

pasted_image kid (resized).pngpasted_image kid (resized).png
    #37 5 years ago

Would love a Fury Road Chrome pin. Then a Blade Runner, the first film.

2 months later
    #38 5 years ago

Bump, Att Deeproot, this could be a Winner

#39 5 years ago
    Quoted from skywalker:

Bump, Att Deeproot, this could be a Winner

Yeah c'mon

Lets do this !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bladerunner-or-mad-max-pinball-?hl=crosbyjack and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.