7 years ago

Topic Stats

• 72 posts
  • 45 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by dkroos
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 6 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

tumblr_lr2nvdsL4y1r2hzh6o1_500.gif
    tumblr_lr2nnpHNMJ1r2hzh6o1_500.gif
    tumblr_lr2ntkibY21r2hzh6o1_500.gif
    3344_70762773900_157740_n.jpg
    eyes_138.gif
    BR_DC.jpeg

There are 72 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 7 years ago

Blade Runner fans can probably imagine an awesome pinball machine for this - I sure can. I think it's a natural, dark-themed winner. I hope the remake (or prequel/sequel) in the works nails it, and does justice to the classic.

BR_DC.jpeg

#2 7 years ago

I'm a big fan of that movie- it's a crazy dark masterpiece that sadly, many people do not understand.
    Surprised nobody has made a homemade BR pinball....

#3 7 years ago

Oohh yeah. The music/sound package alone would be great. Very stylistic film, could def have fun with the playfield art and toys.

#4 7 years ago

I only make eyes...

eyes_138.gif

#5 7 years ago

Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep is one of my favorite stories of all time. My father gave me a first print signed by Dick himself. He got it the day before he shipped out to NAM. Treasured book in my collection.

#6 7 years ago

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe.

Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion.

I've watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser Gate.

All those moments will be lost in time,
    like tears in rain.

Time to die.

#7 7 years ago

Always thought Blade Runner would of been such a great game ,
    but can anyone remember the pins that came out the same time as the movie?

#8 7 years ago

My fave movie of all time and always at the top of my desired pinball list. And Philip K. Dick story will be broody, incredibly paranoid and cerebral. DADOES defines PKD himself. Blade Runner is Ridley Scott's near perfect interpretation - and, according to the man himself, the most complete film he's ever done. Man, I love that movie

#9 7 years ago

Well maybe they'll make a pin as Ridley has been talking aboot making a new Blade Runner movie.

#10 7 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Well maybe they'll make a pin as Ridley has been talking aboot making a new Blade Runner movie.

I genuinely hope and pray its better than Prometheus, really surprised me how below my expectations it fell.

#11 7 years ago

Really, a remake of Bladerunner? What's next, The Godfather 3D? Jeezis. Thanks for insulting my intelligence even further Hollywood smart guys.

#12 7 years ago
    Quoted from jay:

Really, a remake of Bladerunner?

I didn't say that. Just as Prometheus wasn't a remake of Alien I wouldn't expect Blade Runner to be a remake.
    I would expect it to be as horrible as Promethues though because Scott hasn't made anything really good in decades. Prometheus was pathetic coming from him.

#13 7 years ago

I can definitely see JJP doing this.

#14 7 years ago

I didn't like the movie. However, a pin would probably be awesome. I love that genre.

I should also give the movie a second chance.

#15 7 years ago

It would be cool to see a Jaws, Pyscho or a Halloween pin-
    but Bladerunner would be at the top of my list.

''The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long. And you have burned so very, very brightly, Roy''
    I have done...questionable things
    ''Also extraordinary things; revel in your time!''......

#16 7 years ago
    Quoted from AkumaZeto:

Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep is one of my favorite stories of all time. My father gave me a first print signed by Dick himself. He got it the day before he shipped out to NAM. Treasured book in my collection.

That's awesome!

Blade Runner is one of my favorite films of all time. I've watched it a million times. Love the mood the film sets. Just perfect. Director's Cut version of course.

Vangelis music on a pin?! That would be interesting.

#17 7 years ago
    Quoted from way2wyrd:

like tears in rain.
    Time to die.

One of the great lines in a movie ever...and if I recall correctly, part of it was ad libbed by Rutger.

#18 7 years ago

I want more pins fucker!

#19 7 years ago
    Quoted from way2wyrd:

like tears in rain.

Time to die.

Someone beat me too it. Such a good movie. I wasn't a huge fan the first time I saw it.. but after the 2nd time I was hooked. Definitely worth seeing more than once.

#20 7 years ago

Great movie, hence my avatar!

#21 7 years ago

You’re in a desert walking along in the sand when all of the sudden you look down, and you see a tortoise, it’s crawling toward you. You reach down, you flip the tortoise over on its back. The tortoise lays on its back, its belly baking in the hot sun, beating its legs trying to turn itself over, but it can’t, not without your help. But you’re not helping. Why is that?

#22 7 years ago

Me and Johanna Cassidy

3344_70762773900_157740_n.jpg

#23 7 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

I want more pins fucker!

...but all this is academic; the space allotted for your pins was made as well as we could make it!

#24 7 years ago

Alien and Blade Runner are easily Scott's two best films. I'm not a big fan of his later stuff. I remember reading about a sequel/remake that Scott is backing and threw up in my mouth a little bit. Some creative endeavors should be left alone and this movie specifically really doesn't need a follow up or revision...but uncreative people in creative industries need a paycheck to!

I also recommend PKD, a Scanner Darkly is definitely a favorite of mine. I just wouldn't start with his later books, when he was pretty much losing his battle with reality and going bonkers.

You could always retheme Who Dunnit and make it about Deckard searching the city for the replicants.

#25 7 years ago

Regardless of whether it is given or taken, life is precious.

Dan

#26 7 years ago

My favorite movie of all time. Designed by the right person, the right art, a Vangelis soundtrack, actual movie audio samples, color dmd featuring actual movie clips, it could be the most perfect pinball machine ever.

#27 7 years ago

I have been saying "bladerunner" every time the new pin topic comes up.. my favorite sci-fi movie and probably top 3-5 movies ever. While many may say its blasphemy to do a remake, i would love to see it done just because i loved that story so much, would love to see more people exposed to its greatness.

#28 7 years ago
    Quoted from RobT:

Director's Cut version of course.

ugg. I loved that movie since it came out, but when I watch the no naration director's cut, the enjoyment of that film was cut in half.

#29 7 years ago

My favorite movie.
    Movie just drips atmosphere , hard to see it in a pinball but Alien for sure.

#30 7 years ago
    Quoted from J85M:

I genuinely hope and pray its better than Prometheus, really surprised me how below my expectations it fell

Indeed. I was really looking forward to Prometheus. The previews and teasers looked awesome. Unfortunately, I think that guy from Lost totally screwed up the script. ...so many plot holes and unbelievable behavior from characters...the film looked great - but jeez...terrible script.

#31 7 years ago

I originally came to discover this movie (strangely enough) while studying Industrial Design and worshiping the work of designer and futurist Syd Mead. The impact his work had on the set and vehicle design for movies like Blade Runner, Aliens, 2010 and Tron is simply amazing.

This was probably the first movie I ever purchased and Scott's best work... despite being able to see the cables on the levitating police hover car

Great cast & performances, cinematography, set, masterful soundtrack by Vangelis (eventually). This movie elevated the sci-fi genre to new heights IMO.

This is a pin theme I would love to see someone like SkitB do... for fear that anyone else would just ruin it for commercial purposes.

#32 7 years ago
    Quoted from Atomicboy:

ugg. I loved that movie since it came out, but when I watch the no naration director's cut, the enjoyment of that film was cut in half.

So you prefer the dumbed down version?

#33 7 years ago

I can't believe that nobody has asked the question in this thread yet:

Was Deckard a Replicant?

#34 7 years ago
    Quoted from Atomicboy:

The lack of narration didn't bother me. But the graininess of that copy was horrific, not to mention the noticeable crackle/distortion in the audio. Also, if you release a directors cut it should contain added footage, not less footage than any other version. The director's cut was thrown together trash. If you want a great version, try the Ultimate Edition on Blu-Ray. It's magnificent.

#35 7 years ago

Ultimate edition in the voight kampf box is just the best.

All 7 versions. You can see Ridley really tweaking it in each version

#36 7 years ago

A lot of recuts of the trailers are out there. This is one of the better ones.

Location stuff.

#37 7 years ago

Maybe I'm dating myself but I actually saw it in the theater Very stylish movie with so many layers to it. The ooober dooober pimped out 5 disk blue ray is incredibly informative on the production, story, cinematography. It would probably make a cool pin. I'm surprised nobody has made at least a virtual pin. Collect all the replicants for multiball. Spinner lock, Voight-Kampff interigation mode...

Here is part of the landscape from the beginning of the film. I have one similar to this in the hallway with other props going to the basement arcade.

They arent cheap but pretty cool for a 30 year prop.
    http://www.propstore.com/product-Model-Miniature-Skyscape-Building-Section--2.htm

I had the chance to meet Joe Turkel aka Eldon Tyrell at a convention last year and he was absolutely the coolest celebrity to talk with. He donates the money from his autographs to charity for children with cleft palates. He signed an autograph for me ""More human than human" is our motto."

After seeing Blindmandkind's version of 3 Angels I think the Exorcist would be a cool pin. Having a bed similar to the coffin in Dracula to store pinball’s. Modes like Infestation, Oppression and Possession. One side of the cabinet be evil and the other good. Ahhh...it will never happen.

Thanks,
    Mike

www.HabosArcade.com

tumblr_lr2ntkibY21r2hzh6o1_500.gif tumblr_lr2nnpHNMJ1r2hzh6o1_500.gif tumblr_lr2nvdsL4y1r2hzh6o1_500.gif

#38 7 years ago
    Quoted from PinballShawn:

The lack of narration didn't bother me. But the graininess of that copy was horrific, not to mention the noticeable crackle/distortion in the audio. Also, if you release a directors cut it should contain added footage, not less footage than any other version. The director's cut was thrown together trash. If you want a great version, try the Ultimate Edition on Blu-Ray. It's magnificent.

I agree with everything about the narrative version, I just don't follow your lead on what a DC should or shouldn't be. A DC isn't another word for added footage (although that's how it has been marketed), it's the version that the director has edited to fit his vision. That vision might or might not include added footage.

Coincidentally, Scott calls the term out on a note on his Alien DC, which he admits he only recut and added footage to the DVD because that's what the marketing department wanted.

On Bladerunner I had read the bean counters couldn't follow Scott's version of the film at all, so they recut it and added Harrison Ford's narration very last second. Word is that Harrison Ford purposely did the voice as wooden and uninteresting as possible in hoping it would be so horrible they would not add it. I'd believe it, because that voice is so dead pan and unemotional. It's really grating and disruptive to the visual/audio tone of the film.

Hell yeah! Awesome illustrator and concept artist. Production artists are still chasing the look and feel of what he blueprinted in Aliens and Bladerunner.

#39 7 years ago
    Quoted from RobT:

I can't believe that nobody has asked the question in this thread yet:
    Was Deckard a Replicant?

To Scott he was, to the cast he wasn't.

Quoted from RobT:

So you prefer the dumbed down version?

I've gone back and forth on this one through the years. I watched it so much growing up with narration that it's hard to imagine it without it. Or should I say hard to imagine that I had never seen it first without narration.

VO work is on the low end sure...but I own a DH so I'm used to it
    Plus you lose a lot of the Film Noir without the VO.

Quoted from sosage:

Word is that Harrison Ford purposely did the voice as wooden and uninteresting as possible in hoping it would be so horrible they would not add it. I'd believe it, because that voice is so dead pan and unemotional.

He's perosnally claimed he didn't tank it, but he was so pissed off aboot it it just came of really crappy.

#40 7 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

To Scott he was, to the cast he wasn't.

I know that Scott has supposedly said that Deckard was a replicant. I really, *really* hate the fact that he said that. He should have left it up to the viewers to interpret it. This viewer thinks that the story actually loses a lot of it's significance if Deckard is a replicant.

I've gone back and forth on this one through the years. I watched it so much growing up with narration that it's hard to imagine it without it. Or should I say hard to imagine that I had never seen it first without narration.
    VO work is on the low end sure...but I own a DH so I'm used to it
    Plus you lose a lot of the Film Noir without the VO.

Well said, and I agree about it feeling less film noirish without the VO. Still.....Harrison's VO is so terrible, I can't stand watching the Theatrical version anymore.

He's perosnally claimed he didn't tank it, but he was so pissed off aboot it it just came of really crappy.

Not much difference really. If he was so pissed about having to do it that it came off in the VO, he basically tanked it.

#41 7 years ago
    Quoted from RobT:

Not much difference really. If he was so pissed about having to do it that it came off in the VO, he basically tanked it.

Pretty much. I think he read it not as an actor/character, but as Harrison Ford; the most boring individual on the face of the planet.

#42 7 years ago

I think Deckard being a replicant as well only adds to the story. Little hints along the way; when Brion tells him he's little people and he takes the job reluctantly. When Gaff tells him on the roof "you've done a mans job!" When Deckard picks up the unicorn that Gaff left him as Rachael walks to the elevator, he realizes fully who he is.

#43 7 years ago
    Quoted from sosage:

Word is that Harrison Ford purposely did the voice as wooden and uninteresting as possible in hoping it would be so horrible they would not add it. I'd believe it, because that voice is so dead pan and unemotional. It's really grating and disruptive to the visual/audio tone of the film.

Maybe they can do a new VO. Would love for them to get the guy who did Beast on the X-men pin.

#44 7 years ago

we must have this pin. best movie ever!. i met phillip k. dick when i was 10 0r 11. my dad knew him.

#45 7 years ago
    Quoted from Crispin:

I think Deckard being a replicant as well only adds to the story. Little hints along the way; when Brion tells him he's little people and he takes the job reluctantly. When Gaff tells him on the roof "you've done a mans job!" When Deckard picks up the unicorn that Gaff left him as Rachael walks to the elevator, he realizes fully who he is.

Hints yes, but it *takes away* from the emotional aspects of the story and there are too many inconsistencies. Deckard is WEAK compared to every other replicant he meets. Why have the weakest replicant ever made be a Blade Runner? He is more emotional than replicants. Deckard is the main human character in the entire movie. Almost all of the other main characters are Replicant's. It would take away the human element, and there would be virtually no human element to the entire story.

Here is a list of reasons that I saw listed elsewhere as to why Deckard is not a Replicant:

1. Deckard expresses feelings throughout the film, including his distaste for ‘retiring replicants’, and shows emotion facially which none of the Nexus 6 replicants do; even the super-advanced model Rachel has difficulty expressing feelings (the Voigt Kampf test is used to detect the absence of emotional response in replicants)

2. Deckard was married – this is not an implanted memory like that of a replicant, but is stated as a fact by Deckard

3. Deckard is afraid of being one of the ‘little people’ – none of the replicants exhibit fear

4. Apart from their programmed aggression, the only emotions replicants appear to have developed centre around a desire to extend their lifespans

5. Deckard demonstrates complex reasoning and sustained emotional responses, unlike the replicants whose conversation is stilted and whose thought process are limited by their programming to task orientated behaviour

6. Only Roy and Pris appear to demonstrate any affection for each other and this is relatively shallow

7. All the replicants are aware of what they are, except for Rachel who very soon realises she is not human – Deckard’s humanity is entirely natural and is fundamental to his personality

8. Deckard’s dislike for Taffy and his club appears entirely genuine

9. The police chief has used Deckard’s services for many years, whereas Roy’s gang are Nexus 6 – the current highest spec commercial model, so Deckard could not have been made better at an earlier time

10. Deckard does not require or carry any photographs

11. Deckard does not have the physical strength or endurance shown by the replicants, e.g. he is easily defeated by Leon and would have been killed if he not rescued by Rachel, physically he is powerless against Pris even though she has only days to live, Roy has the strength and speed to stop Deckard from falling and haul him to safety at a time when he is unable to save himself

12. There is no suggestion that the other blade runner shot when testing Leon is a replicant

13. The unicorn dream sequence introduced in later versions was inserted only as an attempt to substantiate the idea that Deckard is a replicant

14. The origami unicorn Deckard finds outside his apartment stands perfectly well in the original version of the film as a symbol of fertility and good fortune – hence Deckard’s self-affirming expression at finding it, rather than alarm he would have expressed at being given a message to confirm that he was a replicant

15. If Deckard had any inkling that he might be a replicant, he would have checked to see if he had any records at the Tyrell Corp at the same time as he checked Rachel’s records – clearly he did not

16. Harrison Ford appears to be pretty well convinced that the character he played in the film was not a replicant

17. The movie is more coherent with Harrison Ford’s narration, cutting it is an attempt to rob him of his humanity and therefore inhibits the impact of the film

18. Rachel exhibits more human qualities than the other replicants because she is an experimental model. If Deckard was a replicant, he would be an earlier model even than the Nexus 6 and would have none of Rachel’s sophistication.

#46 7 years ago
    Quoted from jimjim66:

Maybe they can do a new VO. Would love for them to get the guy who did Beast on the X-men pin.

#47 7 years ago

For every point on why he is human, there is something else in the movie that hints at him possibly being a replicant. Leaving it open to interpretation is very much in line with PKD's favorite themes: characters questioning reality as they know it, their existence in said reality and their concept of "humanity". It's beautifully executed in Bladerunner and really shouldn't be definitively answered.

5 months later
    #48 6 years ago

Old post, I realize that. But there is no way Deckard was a replicant. Not in the book or movie. Splicing in some 'Legend' unicorn footage 20 years later and cutting out the VO doesn't change a thing. Replicants were declared illegal on Earth under penalty of death. Period. They didn't work for the police. They were ILLEGAL.
    Btw, splicing in Legend footage was as bad as splicing in footage from The Shining.

#49 6 years ago

Sweet. I remember clips of this movie from my very early childhood, and everytime I see it for sale I almost buy it... every single time.

You all have convinced to buy it! This week I am going to watch this movie! lol
    Pretty excited, I love shit like this

#50 6 years ago

save a couple bucks
    download utorrent from download.com and pirate that video from a virus free trusted source.
    http://yify-torrents.com/home
    enjoy
    PCE

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 89.99
    $ 5,999.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    $ 299.00
    $ 16.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    pinballmod
    $ 5,799.00
    Pinball Machine
    Gulf Coast Pinball, LLC
    $ 22.50
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 59.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Pixels Arcade Games
    $ 5.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Doc's Pinball Shop
    $ 999.00
    Flipper Parts
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 160.00
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Id Rather Play Pinball
    € 95.00
    Lighting - Led
    FlipperLED
    $ 65.00
    Lighting - Backbox
    Arcade Upkeep
    $ 9.50
    $ 19.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 79.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Hookedonpinball.com
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Photos
    $ 50.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Just 3D Mods
    $ 22.50
    $ 49.00
    $ 4,199.00
    $ 5,799.00
    Pinball Machine
    Pinball Pro
    $ 72.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 999.00
    Pinball Machine
    Mircoplayfields
    There are 72 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside