art1 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20171010-121508 (resized).png
DuneMovie (resized).jpg
gosselin (resized).jpg
brokeback_mountain_ver3 (resized).jpg
Screen Shot 2017-10-07 at 9.31.11 PM (resized).png
IMG_1726 (resized).PNG
movie-blade-runner (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider vacfink.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#250 6 years ago
Quoted from bladerunner:

Those of you who liked 2049, please watch Valerian

I enjoyed Valerian and had high hopes, but felt like it fell short. The lead actors just didn't do it. I couldn't put my thumb on it until I realized the parts I like most, were from other much better actors. As a Fifth Element fan (so much so its my custom game theme) it was a bummer. Visually great, still enjoyed it, but didn't reach the bar of the Fifth Element or the Professional. However believe its ultimately because the right actors would have put that already large budget movie out of possibility. It was a risk I can agree with, but he had the same problem with 5th element and was able to get better actors with residuals, which worked out really well.

Back to Bladerunner 2049, I was VERY happy with the sequel. I felt its stands up entirely on its own but doesn't ignore the original. I'm a fan of long slow movies, so didn't mind the pace. the world building, production, story, and acting were all as good as the original and went back to the theater to see it large screen one more time.

#252 6 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Wheeeeew........we're out of the woods.

Yesterday's box office totals hit $194 million, so BR2049 made a profit !!!!!!!

My guess is that the backers of the project see it as a break even or a loss. In Hollywood terms its a loss because they all feel like they should have invested in another Blart Mallcop movie and racked in the stupid cash. The only hope IMO for a future installment will be a pile of oscars and some private market frenzy, both of which are probably a toss up.

Its a real problem that hollywood and the era of superhero blockbusters have given them an expectation that the only movie worth spending money on, is one that will produce swimming pools of cash. That doesn't bode well for a movie that can proffit but not at that level.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider vacfink.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/blade-runner-2049?tu=vacfink and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.