art1 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20171010-121508 (resized).png
DuneMovie (resized).jpg
gosselin (resized).jpg
brokeback_mountain_ver3 (resized).jpg
Screen Shot 2017-10-07 at 9.31.11 PM (resized).png
IMG_1726 (resized).PNG
movie-blade-runner (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider robt.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#15 7 years ago
Quoted from xsvtoys:

Gosh I hope the new Blade Runner is as good as Prometheus was.

#20 7 years ago
Quoted from xsvtoys:

Exactly! Ridley Scott racked up max points with Alien, Blade Runner, and Gladiator. But it has been a slide downhill with Prometheus and The Martian being recent efforts that were just horrible. I like to pretend it's not him, it's Hollywood pulling the strings now and telling him what to do. I don't think they give any director complete control to do whatever they want any more. Here's to hoping Alien: Covenant will bring it back.

I'm glad that you brought up The Martian. I saw that in the theater, based largely on the fact that it was directed by Ridley Scott and it was getting very good reviews from the critics.

WTF?! That movie was as "meh" as they come. Overall it was a real snoozefest, with only a few redeeming scenes. Totally forgettable film.

1 month later
#31 7 years ago
Quoted from nosro:

Between Arrival, Sicario, and Prisoners, I'm sold on Blade Runner 2049 on the basis of Denis Villeneuve despite my skepticism for any Blade Runner sequel.
I wonder if the Vangelis-like music will be in the final movie.
» YouTube video

The one thing that is a real bummer about this sequel is the fact that Deckard (Harrison Ford) appears to have aged quite a bit, thus removing any doubt that he was a human in the original film. That takes away the most common discussion about the film.

I personally always maintained that Deckard was a human, and that the film would not be nearly as poignant if he was a replicant, so I'm not disappointed that he is a human, only that they have removed any doubt.

1 year later
#281 5 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Just went and saw 2049.
Thought it was great.
Having seen the original Final Cut only two weeks ago, it was fresh in my mind.
I liked how 2049 carried on the theme almost spot on. Similar pacing (slighter faster than the original) Same cityscapes and Japanese imagery in the cities. Cool nod to Atari in one scene. 2049s music carried on the same theme as Vangelis did in the original.
Not once did I look at my watch ...
And nobody walked out.
I can understand that not everyone is going to like it. In the same way I don't like a lot of popular movies. Everyone has their personal tastes. Embrace them!
rd

Just watched it on Blu-ray the other night. Big fan of the original (it's in my Top 10 all time favorite films). I agree with RD here. I do have some criticisms of the film, but overall, I found it to be extremely enjoyable, especially the imagery/cinematography and I thought the music was an excellent complement to Vangelis' work on the original.

Like the original, it really pulled me into it's world. I rented the Blu-ray via Netflix, but this one is worth owning IMO.

#291 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Well like...when was this revealed, before they started getting pregnant and shit?
I don't remember anybody in the original movie saying these things were organic. They are "replicants," and their eyes were designed by some dude in chinatown. They are artificial - like robots. Terminators.
Now they are just like us, but replicated? How did I miss this shit?!!

Are you sure that you actually watched the original?

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider robt.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/blade-runner-2049?tu=robt and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.