art1 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20171010-121508 (resized).png
DuneMovie (resized).jpg
gosselin (resized).jpg
brokeback_mountain_ver3 (resized).jpg
Screen Shot 2017-10-07 at 9.31.11 PM (resized).png
IMG_1726 (resized).PNG
movie-blade-runner (resized).jpg
There are 291 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 6.
#1 7 years ago

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blade_Runner_2049

New Blade Runner movie Oct 2017.

My question is, who do we think has the Blade Runner licence? Will pinball be original movie or 2049?

Do DP have licence I wonder?

#2 7 years ago

That theme is perfect for a technologically innovative pinball manufacturer, but it'd be a Bummer if an unimaginative and cheap manufacturer tried to do it.

#3 7 years ago

I'd be happy to see this license span both movies!

#4 7 years ago

Sweet - can't wait! This is the perfect pin theme....

#5 7 years ago

Why do you think someone is making a Blade Runner pin?

#6 7 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Because it is an ideal licence for one of the smaller companies. So many people seem to want this made into a pin.

#7 7 years ago

Ahhh dream theme, I agree, I thought there was some news that some company bought the license for pinball. Oh well, here's hoping, someday!

Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Because it is an ideal licence for one of the smaller companies. So many people seem to want this made into a pin.

#8 7 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Because many pin players (and pinball makers too) are sci fi buffs.
Blade Runner is both loved by the masses, and critically acclaimed as a top 5 sci fi film of all time.

It's not for everybody - heavy subject matter, slow moments, but the premise and idealogy of the film are undeniable.
And the amazing special effects done in non CGI 1982, not the mention an incredible soundtrack.
It would make a terrific pinball machine if done right - hands down.

Kill Bill fans - when Elle Driver loses her 2nd eye to the Bride - the entire tirade after - that all comes from Blade Runner and Daryl Hannah's role in that movie.

#9 7 years ago
Quoted from ejg10532626:

Kill Bill fans - when Elle Driver loses her 2nd eye to the Bride - the entire tirade after - that all comes from Blade Runner and Daryl Hannah's role in that movie.

So here's the scene

How does it relate to Blade Runner? Haven't seen it in awhile - does she die the same way as Pris?

#10 7 years ago
Quoted from tslayer71:

So here's the scene
» YouTube video
How does it relate to Blade Runner? Haven't seen it in awhile - does she die the same way as Pris?

No..remember when Pris spazzes out after Deckard shoots her the first time? Great BL scene.
Elle went eerily, similarly wacko when her 2nd and final eye was gone in KB.

Q.T. - his attention to detail, and throw back tributes in his movies is great.

#11 7 years ago
Quoted from ejg10532626:

No..remember when Pris spazzes out after Deckard shoots her the first time? Great BL scene.

Ahhhh ok. What a waste of a totally good hot, evil female replicant

#12 7 years ago
Quoted from ejg10532626:

... not the mention an incredible soundtrack.

I wonder if this might be a problem. If you recall, the incredible Vangelis soundtrack was unavailable until 1994 due to some sort of disagreement. It took 22 years before the soundtrack was available to the retail public! (A couple of tracks made it to a 1989 Vangelis compilation.) I shudder to think what the licensing hurdles might be for the music.

I couldn't imagine a Blade Runner game without Vangelis.

#13 7 years ago

Gosh I hope the new Blade Runner is as good as Prometheus was.

#14 7 years ago
Quoted from nosro:

I wonder if this might be a problem. If you recall, the incredible Vangelis soundtrack was unavailable until 1994 due to some sort of disagreement. It took 22 years before the soundtrack was available to the retail public! (A couple of tracks made it to a 1989 Vangelis compilation.) I shudder to think what the licensing hurdles might be for the music.
I couldn't imagine a Blade Runner game without Vangelis.

Well, indie electronic musicians have spent decades imitating Vangelis, I can easily imagine a suitable replacement being produced. The PinOut soundtrack is a little more "space disco" than "space jazz" but it's pretty appropriate. Slap that on with some rain effects and a bunch of EL wire...

#15 7 years ago
Quoted from xsvtoys:

Gosh I hope the new Blade Runner is as good as Prometheus was.

#16 7 years ago

Make this the backglass.

IMG_0802.JPGIMG_0802.JPG

#17 7 years ago

Sweet!

#18 7 years ago

Exactly! Ridley Scott racked up max points with Alien, Blade Runner, and Gladiator. But it has been a slide downhill with Prometheus and The Martian being recent efforts that were just horrible. I like to pretend it's not him, it's Hollywood pulling the strings now and telling him what to do. I don't think they give any director complete control to do whatever they want any more. Here's to hoping Alien: Covenant will bring it back.

#19 7 years ago

BlackHawk down is excellent too.
Skims the surface on what urban, 3rd world middle class area warfare is all about.
Unwinnable if enemy is well equipped and numerous....unless you intend to destroy the indigenous population in the process.

I thought Prometheus was good.
The non hollywood choices of Pierce, Repace and Fassbender (before he "made" it) helped.

The Martian...not so much...and agreed.

#20 7 years ago
Quoted from xsvtoys:

Exactly! Ridley Scott racked up max points with Alien, Blade Runner, and Gladiator. But it has been a slide downhill with Prometheus and The Martian being recent efforts that were just horrible. I like to pretend it's not him, it's Hollywood pulling the strings now and telling him what to do. I don't think they give any director complete control to do whatever they want any more. Here's to hoping Alien: Covenant will bring it back.

I'm glad that you brought up The Martian. I saw that in the theater, based largely on the fact that it was directed by Ridley Scott and it was getting very good reviews from the critics.

WTF?! That movie was as "meh" as they come. Overall it was a real snoozefest, with only a few redeeming scenes. Totally forgettable film.

#21 7 years ago
Quoted from stoptap:

Make this the backglass.

Alright, stop this.
I haven't gabbed this much on a Non Pinball "Pinside" thread in a very long time.

This pic, from the 1st DVD release, one with the "no narration"..must be on backglass..minus Sean Young.

Guess this is my dream theme...and new movies sometimes bring out throw back themes.
It would sell, that's for sure..hands down...and it would have to be done by the very best designer who also loves the movie.
But it would definitely sell!

images (resized).jpgimages (resized).jpg

#22 7 years ago
Quoted from xsvtoys:

and The Martian being recent efforts that were just horrible.

Quoted from RobT:

I'm glad that you brought up The Martian. I saw that in the theater, based largely on the fact that it was directed by Ridley Scott and it was getting very good reviews from the critics.
WTF?! That movie was as "meh" as they come. Overall it was a real snoozefest, with only a few redeeming scenes. Totally forgettable film.

Well I've got to disagree with you guys on that one. My whole family LOVED The Martian and we've watched it multiple times. I don't buy a lot of movies anymore but I bought that one.

#23 7 years ago
Quoted from xsvtoys:

Sadly that's pretty par for the course with all the great New Hollywood/American New Wave directors, who started out with punky movies and graduated to bland, glossy Hollywood magazine pictures. I'm sure a big part of that is modern Hollywood producing styles (production by committee). It's hard to gamble on a unique, weird idea when every movie has to be a blockbuster.

#24 7 years ago
Quoted from ejg10532626:

Q.T. - his attention to detail, and throw back tributes in his movies is great.

I think you're seeing something that's not there.

#25 7 years ago

Can't wait for this movie...it's been too long. And yes, it must have that Vangelis score and an owl topper.

#26 7 years ago
Quoted from John1210:

I think you're seeing something that's not there.

Check it out, from
http://wiki.tarantino.info/index.php/Kill_Bill_References_Guide/_American_and_Euro_mainstream_and_exploitation

Blade Runner (1982) Directed by Ridley Scott

KB Elle Pris.jpgGifpris7pc.gif
Daryl Hannah improvised the scene where Elle Driver's eye gets removed by The Bride and she goes "nuts". She did this because she thought it would make Quentin Tarantino laugh. He did and that scene entered the final film. She sustained injures from breaking so many things in the bathroom. This scene is very close to Pris' death, a character played by Daryl Hannah in Blade Runner.

#27 7 years ago

The Martian sucked but Prometheus was a great movie, I'm sure this new Blade Runner will be a good film but I'm only interested in the original, man would I love this beside my Alien LE.

Blade-Runner-blade-runner-30928053-1280-800 (resized).jpgBlade-Runner-blade-runner-30928053-1280-800 (resized).jpg

movie-blade-runner (resized).jpgmovie-blade-runner (resized).jpg

#28 7 years ago

Oh man, I forgot Denis Villenueve is directing this. His work on Arrival was spectacular, and he has an amazing visual eye. I hope the story is good, I loved the noir overtones of the original film, I think that crossing of genres is what made it so good and I'd hate for them to take a bland !punching! !action! direction.

1 month later
#29 7 years ago
Quoted from trunchbull:

Oh man, I forgot Denis Villenueve is directing this. His work on Arrival was spectacular, and he has an amazing visual eye.

Between Arrival, Sicario, and Prisoners, I'm sold on Blade Runner 2049 on the basis of Denis Villeneuve despite my skepticism for any Blade Runner sequel.

I wonder if the Vangelis-like music will be in the final movie.

#30 7 years ago

Crap!!! That trailer gave me shivers. I can't wait.

QSS

#31 7 years ago
Quoted from nosro:

Between Arrival, Sicario, and Prisoners, I'm sold on Blade Runner 2049 on the basis of Denis Villeneuve despite my skepticism for any Blade Runner sequel.
I wonder if the Vangelis-like music will be in the final movie.
» YouTube video

The one thing that is a real bummer about this sequel is the fact that Deckard (Harrison Ford) appears to have aged quite a bit, thus removing any doubt that he was a human in the original film. That takes away the most common discussion about the film.

I personally always maintained that Deckard was a human, and that the film would not be nearly as poignant if he was a replicant, so I'm not disappointed that he is a human, only that they have removed any doubt.

#32 7 years ago

Sorry, the new movie will have to Avatar-block-buster before anyone would approach this title.
I like the movie just fine, but I just don't see anyone really taking on this license based upon what we know about the market right now.
I'd love to have to eat those words...

4 months later
#33 6 years ago

#34 6 years ago

I didn't enjoy that as much as the trailer for the trailer they released a few days ago.

Let's be honest, looks great, but as soon as you hear the snippets of lame dialogue you can tell this is gonna be a little bit on the weak side.

And yeah, I'll go see it!

#35 6 years ago

Hope not.

#36 6 years ago

Great actors in it, it looks awesome.

#37 6 years ago

I never liked the original much, now if you want a Sci-Fi dream theme then let's throw all caution to the wind and make Honey I Shrunk the Kids! Now that would be a great pin! Ok was that lame enough, othewise I'll keep working on it... !!!

1 week later
#38 6 years ago

Here's how I think of this:
"Bladerunner": win!
"2049": lame!
"Denis Villeneuve": win!

I'm torn, but trust in Denis.

2 months later
#39 6 years ago

This is the movie I'm most looking forward to.

#40 6 years ago

They're running the preview in theaters now. I saw it before Dunkirk last weekend, looked pretty good to me. Loved the original, saw it in the theater as a youngin.

3 weeks later
#42 6 years ago

It's a week old now, but in case anyone hasn't seen it already, it's a good appetizer for the movie

#43 6 years ago

Anyone know if any rumors of who may have this licence?

#44 6 years ago

so worried they are going to screw this up....No way it could be on same level as the original sci fi classic.

#45 6 years ago

I absolutely love the idea. The Tyrell building, visiting the "eye" shop so make elements can be included.

But here are my downside thoughts.

People saying old and new confuse me since we don't know if the reboot will be trash like so many movies are. So give me original.

Vangelis - Perfect music for the mood. Makes "everything" work together. But for a pin would mean super wide-body set a 1 degree angle and play like the Quaaludes are kicking in.

License for people like - Harrison Ford, Rutger Hauer, Sean Young, and Edward James Olmos? Would make DMSLE look cheap.

Backglass being the original post / DVD art sounds good, but Sean Young has such a big ego she would have to have her head too big. Remember the DM issues?

I think this is a dream pin, but a pipe dream.

#46 6 years ago
Quoted from perryd:

so worried they are going to screw this up....No way it could be on same level as the original sci fi classic.

I presume most people in this thread are tremendous fans of the original and share this same fear. On the other hand, the director (Denis Villenueve) has yet to make a bad film. His more recent commercial successes include Prisoners, Sicario, and Arrival.

It may or may not be a great Blade Runner movie, but I have faith that it will be a great movie.

#47 6 years ago

I have some faith it's going to be good too. I saw the original in the theaters. It looks like it will not suck.

#48 6 years ago

Going to watch blade runner blue ray tomorrow to prepare for the movie sequel release.

I don't think there is another movie this year, I am excited about like this one. Big screen here I come.

#49 6 years ago

the original music headphones required.

1 week later
There are 291 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 6.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/blade-runner-2049?hl=jsampel and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.