art1 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20171010-121508 (resized).png
DuneMovie (resized).jpg
gosselin (resized).jpg
brokeback_mountain_ver3 (resized).jpg
Screen Shot 2017-10-07 at 9.31.11 PM (resized).png
IMG_1726 (resized).PNG
movie-blade-runner (resized).jpg

There are 291 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 6.
#51 6 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Surely someone will pick up this license??

That would be cool! AND a lot more timely theme-wise than another POTC.

#52 6 years ago

Timely? lol. When was the last time any pinball company picked up on a hot license and released it in a timely manner?

By the time thy get around to doing this one, it will already be time for the next sequel.

#53 6 years ago

True enough unfortunately, but it will still be a great theme.

#54 6 years ago

The App for GearVR Blade Runner 2049 is pretty cool. not really a game, more of a tech demo.
Uses the unreal engine and looks hella good for a phone app.
If you haven't checked it out, you should.
I also agree this is a great theme for a pinball if done correctly by an imaginative manufacturer.

#55 6 years ago

Rewatched the original this weekend. Hoping for the pin. Had decided not to buy NIB anymore. May make an exception

IMG_1726 (resized).PNGIMG_1726 (resized).PNG

#56 6 years ago

going to see the movie tonight. Excited!

#57 6 years ago

The movie BLOWS

Can't make a pin off this one. Nothing to it

#58 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

The movie BLOWS

Damn, you saw it? Really, I wanted to like this one.

#59 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

The movie BLOWS

Not surprised you didn't like it.

#60 6 years ago

going to see it tomorrow with the wiffee.... super excited!!

#61 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

The movie BLOWS

Too bad, but this is not unexpected. Early reviews were obvious shills.

--edit-- Glad to hear some did like it. Maybe there is hope. I'll sit on this one for a while. It's hard to get me out to a theater these days, been disappointed too many times.

#62 6 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Damn, you saw it? Really, I wanted to like this one.

The movie is awesome. Iceman is clueless as usual.

#63 6 years ago

Saw the movie today at Downtownn Disney, it was...wow?

I left the movie feeling so out of touch with everything going on outside, with so many dominating questions and thoughts about what I just watched.
I'm a huge fan of the original, and this film is so well executed, It might just be the best sequel along with T2, it was epic in my honest opinion. There really are no weak links in this film.

Without giving any spoilers, and I haven't heard anyone else talking about it, but a nice touch at the end of this, was when they cue up the original music from the first film during that scene with Rutger- "all those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain" except it's snowing at the end in 2049. It was a brilliant hair raising scene without giving anything away.

#64 6 years ago

haha...

Quoted from RonaldRayGun:

The movie is awesome. Iceman is clueless as usual.

#65 6 years ago

I love the original, but I'm going to need to rewatch the new one again... i felt pretty indifferent about it walking out of the theater... something about it seemed too sterile to me.

#66 6 years ago

Just came from the theater, the movie is way too long, needed some edits, I was a little disappointed

#67 6 years ago

You guys that down voted me have to be joking right?

It was 2 1/2 hours of pure torture. Like watching a movie in slow motion.

Absolutely F ing AWFUL!!!

After the first hour my brother and i look at each and say its gotta pick up right? Another 30 minutes later and you realize its never going to. A couple of decent sequences but otherwise a total snoozefest.

Didn't even get to a replicant revolution. Stupid storyline to boot. Jared Leto character? Wtf. No interesting characters at all. Too dark and sparse.

The rest of the people in the theatre were in shock too, laughing at how bad it was afterwards.

Read the REAL user reviews on Rotten Tomatoes. It will BOMB at the box office.

#68 6 years ago

I thought it was good. I left confused and thinking its a little pointless.

I'd say rent it for sure. Go see it if you loved the original.

Harrison Ford doesn't show up until we are passed the half way mark and it did feel slow at times.

#69 6 years ago

Small sample, read through the many others, but go see it for yourself. If that garbage was exciting to you then I'm speechless.

Screen Shot 2017-10-07 at 9.31.11 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2017-10-07 at 9.31.11 PM (resized).png

#70 6 years ago

It was definitely slow-paced, but I thought it was great! They captured the look and feel of the original perfectly, while advancing the story without resorting to turning it into a mindless action flick. The more I think about it, the more I like it.

And I’m hit or miss with Hans Zimmer, but he knocked the score out of the park.

#71 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

After the first hour my brother and i look at each and say its gotta pick up right? Another 30 minutes later and you realize its never going to. A couple of decent sequences but otherwise a total snoozefest.
Didn't even get to a replicant revolution. Stupid storyline to boot. Jared Leto character? Wtf. No interesting characters at all. Too dark and sparse.
The rest of the people in the theatre were in shock too, laughing at how bad it was afterwards.

It's an epic piece of cinematography and story telling with terrific visuals and individual great character performances.

You didn't "get it" and probably feel ripped off because it didn't give you the cheap thrills and dullness that is another Transformers movie, (or similar) waiting for it to "pick up"? (Wtf?)

Blade Runner is all about the reveal, constantly provoking thought and done so in artistic fashion, just like the first film.
You missed so many little details in the process of wanting or expecting something different.

Both films NEVER cheapen or lower themselves to appease a short attention span.
Your review and the hand selected reviews you copied and pasted sound EXACTLY what flopped the original, and when that was first released, nobody got it, either.
And much like the first, in time, any of the doubters will eventually be silenced, because it is a masterpiece in film making.

Movies like the Deer Hunter or 2001 Space Odyssey, are slow moving, and are both regarded as top movies of all times. 2049 will reach this pinnacle, if it hasn't already.

#72 6 years ago

I enjoyed the movie. I saw the original in the theaters. Now Ive seen the sequel. Long awaited sequel.

I don't want to spoil, I enjoyed it. I loved the fx and score. there were a few things I would have changed but I bet everyone feels that way, about a lot of films.

I have a soft spot in me for the original. I thought this was a worthy sequel.

As for a pinball theme. I would like that. I guess we will just have to wait and see...

#73 6 years ago

I'm still trying to figure out what was going on with the movie, why it had to be so slow, and how to get the three hours of my life back.

#74 6 years ago

Audience is 85% on tomatoes, seems like the majority liked it.

#75 6 years ago
Quoted from shacklersrevenge:

Movies like the Deer Hunter or 2001 Space Odyssey, are slow moving, and are both regarded as top movies of all times. 2049 will reach this pinnacle, if it hasn't already

They showed Blade Runner the Final Cut here last Friday, in anticipation of the release of 2049. I went along to see it for the first time.

The National newspaper sent along all their young entertainment reporters to watch it and they all fell asleep during it lol. No bull!

Compared to the modern movies, Blade Runner is very slow, as you say similar to 2001, Deer Hunter, Godfather ... all those classic films move at a glacial pace. MOON is really slow yet it's one of the best movies I've seen.

Too slow for the ADHD iphone Michael Bay generation!

rd

#76 6 years ago
Quoted from shacklersrevenge:

You didn't "get it" and probably feel ripped off because it didn't give you the cheap thrills and dullness that is another Transformers movie, (or similar) waiting for it to "pick up"? (Wtf?)

Yeah, you really hit the nail on the head - Iceman's the kind of guy who likes Transformers. Anything with nuance and subtlety is lost on guys like him.

#77 6 years ago

The original was pretty roundly hated too - not surprised it's so divisive. I'm not thrilled about how long it is though: it does seem like lots of movies lately need better editors

#78 6 years ago

I thought the movie was breathtaking. I feel that it won't be a commercial success because of how slow paced and artistic it is. The common moron population needs transformer Michael Bay explosions to keep their interest.

After I got out of the movie, I felt different. I sat there in quiet awe of what I had just seen. I thought the movie was absolutely brilliant. It may be my favorite movie I have ever seen.

#79 6 years ago

Leave Ice alone, I mean he's from Texas, I'm sure he loved this movie.

brokeback_mountain_ver3 (resized).jpgbrokeback_mountain_ver3 (resized).jpg

#80 6 years ago

No I hate Transformers

I go to most movies, of all stripes and flavors

The original Blade Runner was great.

This was an empty, disjointed, horrendously stupid plot, lacking great characters, dark and gloomy F ing mess. Sounds and soundtrack whatever it was was garbage

I get that some might like it but I'm def in the majority, this thing will BOMB, I like most go to the movies to be entertained

This was painfully slow, ridiculous and stupid!

More importantly, it wasn't Blade Runner

#81 6 years ago

I thought this was terrific. Huge shoutout to Roger Deakins, who's been giving us consistently amazing cinematography (that sequence with the statues was breathtaking), and the overall sound design was super - I loved the early city bit where there's this repetitive, massive sound that really drives home the sense of the city being a huge, overwhelming machine. I don't usually like Jared Leto but his herky-jerk robotic pseudo-messianic figure was weirdly fascinating, and the arc between K and JOI was really intriguing, and though I think "Her" did a better job of the same idea, the overlapping sex scene was so menacing and beguiling that it made the whole plot worth it.

On the whole, the original does a better job of providing a cohesive narrative, whereas this feels like a lot of great ideas glued together with excellent camerawork, but the ideas and mood are so overpowering that it works really well. Really pumped to see it again.

#82 6 years ago

I'm one of those film buffs who doesn't "get" the original but I appreciate it for what it is.

Saw 2049 yesterday. Not impressed. It's OK until Harrison Ford shows up (same problem Force Awakens had) and then just becomes dumb.

Cinematography should be in service of a story not the other way around.

#83 6 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

....Blade Runner is very slow, as you say similar to 2001, Deer Hunter, Godfather ... all those classic films move at a glacial pace. MOON is really slow yet it's one of the best movies I've seen.
Too slow for the ADHD iphone Michael Bay generation!
rd

Moon! Yes! Such a good film. As well as the other obvious classics listed.

#84 6 years ago

Some of you cinematic reviewers act like I lack the "intellect" and "sophistication" to grasp the nuance and fine cinematography.

Whatever, I don't lack in those categories. Even the cinematography was disappointing to me, we didn't get to see any of the city, only the dreary and drab room of Gosselin and the Commanders office, or whatever it was.

You guys that haven't seen it don't say I didn't warn you.

When you actually go see it, think about me as you exit and have a little chuckle, while you and the rest of the crowd leave in disbelief and mutter wtf under your breath

#85 6 years ago

I'll wait this one out and watch it on the home theater when it rolls around to Netflix. I have done this for every 2017 movie so far and I haven't seen anything yet that makes me wish I had gone to the theater and seen it. Most of them have been outright terrible.

#86 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Some of you cinematic reviewers act like I lack the "intellect" and "sophistication" to grasp the nuance and fine cinematography.
Whatever, I don't lack in those categories. Even the cinematography was disappointing to me

That's it. That statement officially proves you don't know what you're talking about. I can appreciate if someone doesn't have the patience to watch this masterpiece. I would even get it if you think the story sucked. But saying the cinematography sucked? Now you're just being a troll. Watch it win an Oscar this year. What will you say then?

#87 6 years ago

Great film, saw it Friday. Does the original justice and adds to the universe immensely. Loved it.

#88 6 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

That's it. That statement officially proves you don't know what you're talking about. I can appreciate of someone doesn't have the patience to watch this masterpiece. I would even get it if you think the story sucked. But saying the cinematography sucked? Now you're just being a troll. Watch it win an Oscar this year. What will you say then?

Win an Oscar

That would just confirm how bad it sucks

I did like the strategic placement of all the Sony ads though

How much is that worth? They spent $150 mill and will open with around $30 mill

Warner Bros and Sony must have known. They brought in Alcon to partner. Fred Smith of fed ex fame and fortune should stick to what he knows

As word gets out it will go down as a huge BOMB

Women didn't go despite Gosselin

I thought Arrival sucked too so I guess I should have known beforehand

#89 6 years ago

Saw it last night and really liked it. Visually awesome, as it would need to be (though the opening sequence of the original still beats it). Really great synth score which emulates the original Vangelis, but stacks more intensity on it. Interesting to see the synth programming credit went to Hans Zimmerman, who shares the scoring credit with another dude.

The story was good, and actually enriches the original, which aped being cerebral more than it actually was, but this helps bring it up. Came away with mind blown, not so much much for it being super deep, but just the whole experience being so fully realized around a worthy narrative. And though the pace is languid, I was completely drawn in and never felt restless -- the shots were all so gorgeous it was great that scenes took time to play out.

Folks who have not seen the original are checking that out first as they should, but it's way more satisfying being old enough to have seen the original when it first came out with this same feeling about it afterward, and experiencing that again building on 35 years of simmering...

#90 6 years ago

Seen it today and it’s totally a great sequel to the first. Not a shoot um up fest. Great story with fantastic visuals.

#91 6 years ago

I saw Blade Runner today.I was totally immersed and it took me a while to snap back to reality.Really took me away.

#92 6 years ago
Quoted from jhanley:

I saw Blade Runner today.I was totally immersed and it took me a while to snap back to reality.Really took me away.

I agree .... could set up for a sequel but it also brought ending for Harrison Ford character.

#93 6 years ago
Quoted from jhanley:

That's EXACTLY how I felt! I went to the bathroom after and I just felt.... different. I was sitting there in silent reflection. Amazing ass movie.

#94 6 years ago

LOL

You guys are just F ing with me now

I went to the bathroom too, the only thing I felt was about 5 pounds lighter afterwards

#95 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

LOL
You guys are just F ing with me now
I went to the bathroom too, the only thing I felt was about 5 pounds lighter afterwards

Not at all.Different strokes for different folks I guess.

#96 6 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

I'm one of those film buffs who doesn't "get" the original but I appreciate it for what it is.
Saw 2049 yesterday. Not impressed. It's OK until Harrison Ford shows up (same problem Force Awakens had) and then just becomes dumb.
Cinematography should be in service of a story not the other way around.

I'd like to start discussions on what the hell I saw. It would have major spoilers, but I just do not get it.

#97 6 years ago

I recently tried again watching the original Blade Runner and again just couldn't get into it. Seems like it would be my type of movie, but I guess not. The new Bladerunner is tanking at the box office, but hey, I'm glad a sequel was made for the Bladerunner fans. I guess just not enough of you to make a sequel profitable.

#98 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I honestly came away feeling exactly the same way as iceman. I was very disappointed and i was pumped for this movie. The last two movies that I have saw were huge letdowns. This one and the last Pirates of the Caribbean movie.

#99 6 years ago

Loved it. Did anyone see the 3D version? Not a big fan of 3D but curious. I see nominations for Villeneuve, Gosling and a win for Deakins. I shall see it again on the big screen.

#100 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I honestly came away feeling exactly the same way as iceman. I was very disappointed and i was pumped for this movie. The last two movies that I have saw were huge letdowns. This one and the last Pirates of the Caribbean movie.

A voice of reason arrives with Who dey! Thought i was going insane.

I'll say this, I also saw the last POTC movie, and it was horrific. I put Blade runner right there with it except that the misery ended a whole lot faster with POTC.

There are 291 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 6.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/blade-runner-2049/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.