Topic Stats

• 3 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by frunch
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 3 years ago

Hey guys I picked up a Blackwater 100 not long ago for my first pin! It is all original from what I can tell, nothing shopped out but in pretty good shape just needs a good cleaning. I'm just wondering what you all suggest on what to do as far as upgrades? I already replaced the plunger sleeve, rod and springs. Is the LED upgrade worth it? I don't ever plan on selling it so should I just enjoy playing it or invest in the long term upgrades? Thanks for the input

#2 3 years ago

The only thing I can suggest based on owning mine for the last 10 years or so is to upgrade to some newer trough optos since the old ones can be flakey or go out sometimes......but if your not having a problem with it finding all the balls or launching one ball at a time like it should then I wouldn't bother. Great game!!

John

#3 3 years ago

Personally, i think your best move is to clean the playfield a bit, change the rubbers if needed, and just enjoy it for a while.

This is just my opinion, so please take it with a grain of salt. But as soon as you start adding mods and LEDs etc, you're introducing a chance at accidentally messing something up in the process. The helpful folks here will help you get back on track, for sure--but there are few feelings worse than doing a little upgrade or maintenance and turning the game on afterward to be greeted by an error message, blown fuse, or otherwise non-working game.

In my experience, something will inevitably break or need adjustment sooner or later. Perhaps just enjoy the glow of new pinball ownership for a while before getting too ambitious making upgrades etc.

Of course, i love working on my games and have no problem letting them sit for weeks or even months while i fix them...but I've got plenty of other pins to play in the meantime

Whatever you decide to do, i wish you the best of luck moving forward. It's a wonderful hobby with some really awesome folks--enjoy!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 15.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/blackwater-100-suggestions- and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.