(Topic ID: 103296)

Blackwater 100 cliff-hanger switch stopped registering ??

By TecumsehPlissken

5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by TecumsehPlissken
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 5 years ago

enjoying playing B.W 100 yesterday and played several games earlier & everything was working as should then I noticed that I could no longer complete a lap because the Cliff-hanger wouldn't light even after hitting that shot multiple times... took the glass off and manually triggered the switch and still nothing / switch is located on backside top of playfield somewhat of an odd location anyhow it looks to be adjusted properly and everything.... could it be the diode or the capacitor on the switch that has failed ? what else should I check for ? any advice as always greatly appreciated

#2 5 years ago

Probably a bad switch diode in a very difficult to reach location.

#3 5 years ago

Thanks for the reply , any idea on what the rating is for that diode ?

#4 5 years ago

You can complete a lap by shooting the fast lane or by a perfect start. Cliff hanger must flash. You probably know this atready but its nice to see the blackwater 100 on the first page on pinside a little longer.

#5 5 years ago

umm not sure I am following you but I will check that out.......pretty sure that I have seen the cliff hangar light lit continuously after hitting that target and that it only flashes when telling you that you still need to hit it to complete
it

Quoted from peter75:You can complete a lap by shooting the fast lane or by a perfect start. Cliff hanger must flash. You probably know this atready but its nice to see the Blackwater 100 on the first page on pinside a little longer.

#6 5 years ago

Big Time Thanks !! to you "Peter75" for weighing in on this.. turns out there was no problem with that switch after all .... I wasted my time replacing both the diode and the capacitor on said switch and it still didn't behave how I THOUGHT it should ... I had read a rule sheet on the game that said you need hit that switch only once to trigger it ok so that's true but you are correct if you hit the fast line after that THEN you get the completion light to light / I guess I just wasn't paying attention to that part of playfield during my previous games and was hitting fast line unknown to me as I was going for the rain targets on that shot .... learning is good and I love this forum , Pinball Rocks !! and learning something new every day Thanks again

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 10.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 50.00
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 114.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 137.00
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Howell, MI
$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 40.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Arcade Arts
$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
Pinball Machine
Great American Pinball
$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside