11 years ago

Topic Stats

• 10 posts
  • 8 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by dgpinball
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 11 years ago

I was wondering your thoughts on blackwater 100. Is it a game worth getting for right price? do the sounds get annoying. I would like a review on it since it seems fun with 5 flippers

#2 11 years ago

Definitely worth getting and one of the coolest looking machines with the way you look down on a racetrack-like playfield. Tough to keep more than one ball in play for very long.

The music is so-so but adjust the volume down and provide alternative music if it bothers you.

It has a few tough shots and is anything but stop and go.

Unfortunately the molded plastics are brittle now and that may make some machines not playable.

Good luck.

#3 11 years ago

Ever since I saw this machine on the "life after death" dvd series, I've been wanting one bad. Makes me think of a dirt bike version of whitewater.

#4 11 years ago

Really crazy cool game, because the playfield is set so deep and the sides have decals on you feel more immersed in it, the music is a bit repetitive though, here's mine in action

#5 11 years ago
    Quoted from Goomba:

I was wondering your thoughts on Blackwater 100. Is it a game worth getting for right price? do the sounds get annoying. I would like a review on it since it seems fun with 5 flippers

The one in your neck of the woods is not worth the asking 1,000 I went and looked at that machine last December

#6 11 years ago

I really wanted to like it because the layout is so cool to me. However, the sounds and the music did nothing for me the 10 or so times I've played it. I might still get one someday, but I'm pretty sure it won't stick around long.

#7 11 years ago

music doesn't seem terrible, and I dig the sound effects.
    Matt_addams: you've got a bally vector too, nice! that was in the movie "little monsters", about 6:38 into this video:

#t=386s

#8 11 years ago

Very cool playfield, with the molded motocross track look, and the flipper on the apron is different and cool as well.

The only thing odd about the game is that they tried to replicate a motocross start by starting with multiball right out of the gate. It's initially kind of cool and suits the motocross them well, but I miss the traditional build up to multiball. If my other pins just started off in multiball instead of me having to progress towards it, I think it would be a bummer. This is something I'm not sure I like about the machine, but it's still pretty cool. I just wish they'd have worked the multiball into something other than the start.

#9 11 years ago

There is a one ball ROM for BW100, but I don't know if you can build up to multiball with it.

#10 11 years ago

Great game for a medium/large collection, but would burn out quick in a small one. Not an easy game by any means, completing the laps is very challenging. Unfortunately tough to find in good condition due to the extremely common broken plastics which are impossible to find.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/blackwater-100 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.