image-11 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_3768 (resized).png
mb7Ozh7 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_3767 (resized).png
2440079_1_l.jpg
18d9cca1-421d-4d36-b7c3-a52e354230e5.jpg
Ise_so_happy_-_postcard.jpg
beautylips.jpg

There are 166 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 4.
#152 7 years ago
Quoted from futurepinhead:

Haha, that was mine! I licked my finger and rubbed the soot off to make sure the art was still there under all that crap. I should have done it in a least noticeable place since it ruined all the before and after photos.

Now we all know your preference...

#153 7 years ago
Quoted from Otaku:

(it said "blacks on pinball machines" before african americans, and I'm the anti-racism type

I may have misunderstood but that's how I read that sentence. No big deal.

It's not really a trolly thread. It's an interesting subject to me to see how black people were depicted on pins through the years. Sure some responses were trolly but that's just pinside humor that I've come to appreciate.

Plus this thread showed me Minstrel Man which I really want. It looks fun.

#154 7 years ago

image-11 (resized).jpgimage-11 (resized).jpg

#155 7 years ago

http://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=5000

image-2 (1) (resized).jpgimage-2 (1) (resized).jpg

#156 7 years ago

Hey Chef!

southpark_0 (resized).jpgsouthpark_0 (resized).jpg

#157 7 years ago

Afro credit window...

SSBackglass2 (resized).jpgSSBackglass2 (resized).jpg

#158 7 years ago

Did you ever notice that a white guy pinballs like this...

But a black guy pinballs like this...

You know what I mean? This guy over here does, he gets it... <points randomly into audience>

#159 7 years ago

My fiancee loves pinball but as an African-american female often feels our shared hobby is dominated by white males (and you really can't argue that the majority of pinheads are) and of course this is reflected in representation on backglass images.
SciFi, fantasy, and action/ adventure licenses don't exactly have a lot of black female main heroes but I try to find those that do for our collection (of course game play and variety comes first). So far I have picked up Bally Star Trek 78 with that in mind. Xmas morning she will come downstairs to find her gift- A Stern GoT LE which prominently features Missandei.
So while some may think that its not an issue worth discussing, I think being inclusive never hurts to help draw people into this awesome hobby. Whatever it takes to get people to "play more pinball!"

#160 7 years ago
Quoted from Bmorekrause:

My fiancee loves pinball but as an African-american female often feels our shared hobby is dominated by white males (and you really can't argue that the majority of pinheads are) and of course this is reflected in representation on backglass images.
SciFi, fantasy, and action/ adventure licenses don't exactly have a lot of black female main heroes but I try to find those that do for our collection (of course game play and variety comes first). So far I have picked up Bally Star Trek 78 with that in mind. Xmas morning she will come downstairs to find her gift- A Stern GoT LE which prominently features Missandei.
So while some may think that its not an issue worth discussing, I think being inclusive never hurts to help draw people into this awesome hobby. Whatever it takes to get people to "play more pinball!"

That's a nice story. I still don't know what they were thinking putting a minor character like her on the backglass though.

I say buy her Williams Super Star. That lady's the lead singer of the band!

(As a side note, Nathalie Emmanuel is not an African American. Mind Blown!)

#161 7 years ago

57491d44ffcf637ce8cfe49975742219 (resized).jpg57491d44ffcf637ce8cfe49975742219 (resized).jpg

b83023419b727b9a6d6a99c065a579ee (resized).jpgb83023419b727b9a6d6a99c065a579ee (resized).jpg

7877811a67bff1af9f0a8a28f107d475 (resized).jpg7877811a67bff1af9f0a8a28f107d475 (resized).jpg

maxresd (resized).jpgmaxresd (resized).jpg

minstre1 (resized).jpgminstre1 (resized).jpg

#162 7 years ago

By definition, isn't Minstrel Man white people made up in black face? So technically off topic.

#163 7 years ago

See No Evil, Hear No Evil.

This movie solves all problems, since most people are metaphorically fucking deaf or fucking blind. We are all human!

However, People never listen and never see what they should hear. We all people...

#164 7 years ago

I bet there are not many Minstrel Man pins left. I would love to play it though. The layout is interesting. Was it common for games of that era to score a million? That seems pretty high but maybe easily achievable with no outlanes and the score of those middle lanes.

#165 7 years ago

I don't think anyone has mentioned the police chief on LAH. In Starship Troopers, your high score picture can be a black dude or a woman if I remember correctly.

#166 7 years ago
Quoted from Spock:

See No Evil, Hear No Evil.
This movie solves all problems, since most people are metaphorically fucking deaf or fucking blind. We are all human!
However, People never listen and never see what they should hear. We all people...
» YouTube video

What the hell are you blathering about?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Machine - For Sale
La Porte, TX
$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus
Boards
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball
Protection
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
Machine - For Sale
Spring Grove, IL
$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 72.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
Decals
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Led
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
Electronics
$ 26.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
Protection
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations
Toys/Add-ons
3,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Milwaukee, WI
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 17.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus
Plastics
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
$ 10.00
$ 45.00
Lighting - Interactive
86Pixels
Interactive
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
3D Tech. Pinball Parts
Protection
$ 150.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop
Displays
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
Boards
Slap Save Creations
Boards
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 166 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/blacks-on-pinball-machines/page/4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.