Topic Stats

• 166 posts
  • 79 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by vicjw66
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 61 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

minstre1 (resized).jpg
maxresd (resized).jpg
7877811a67bff1af9f0a8a28f107d475 (resized).jpg
b83023419b727b9a6d6a99c065a579ee (resized).jpg
57491d44ffcf637ce8cfe49975742219 (resized).jpg
SSBackglass2 (resized).jpg
southpark_0 (resized).jpg
image-2 (1) (resized).jpg
image-11 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_3768 (resized).png
mb7Ozh7 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_3767 (resized).png
2440079_1_l.jpg
18d9cca1-421d-4d36-b7c3-a52e354230e5.jpg
Ise_so_happy_-_postcard.jpg
beautylips.jpg

There are 166 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 4.
#101 3 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

Actually, I thought it was interesting also.
What I don't understand is. Why the hell is Nancey and Ronald Regean on a pinball machine?

I think of Nancy and Ronald every time I see the "SAY NO TO DRUGS" warning on arcades or pins.

what_if_dont_want_to_say_no.jpg

#102 3 years ago
Quoted from guyincognito:

I think we already have threads for "Girls" and "Cats"?
girls_on_pinball_machines (2).jpgcats_on_pinball_machines.jpg

Where's the scantily clad guys laying on pinball machines thread for all the ladies to enjoy?

#103 3 years ago
Quoted from guyincognito:

I think of Nancy and Ronald every time I see the "SAY NO TO DRUGS" warning on arcades or pins.

what_if_dont_want_to_say_no.jpg

WINNERS DON'T USE DRUGS

56452945.jpg.CROP.article568-large.jpg

#104 3 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Making statements that all black people look alike makes you look like a complete simpleton.
Edit----and is NOT funny. Fact.

But it's actually kind of a joke that the actors themselves have made.

I just read an interview with Wendell Pierce (The Wire, Treme, everything awesome) where he has had people not believe him when he says he's NOT Cedric The Entertainer.

This thread is hella contentious, but it's also kinda awesome.

#105 3 years ago
Quoted from pinmanguy:

Where's the scantily clad guys laying on pinball machines thread for all the ladies to enjoy?

As soon as I go down to my dark room and finish squeegeeing the prints.

#106 3 years ago
Quoted from Cornelius:

But it's actually kind of a joke that the actors themselves have made.
I just read an interview with Wendell Pierce (The Wire, Treme, everything awesome) where he has had people not believe him when he says he's NOT Cedric The Entertainer.
This thread is hella contentious, but it's also kinda awesome.

I remember on ESPN when they showed Bill Russell in the crowd and the commentator said Morgan Freeman.

#107 3 years ago
Quoted from Cornelius:

I don't think this is a racist thread, really... Other than that "blacks" is not the preferred nomenclature, dude.

Quoted from sohchx:

I feel the title needs editing. Seems mildly offensive.

I edited the title as I agree it was not the preferred nomenclature. I'm leaving the thread open for now.

#108 3 years ago

What the hell is wrong with Black? Its my favorite color. I wish people would relax, everything is so proper and fake at the same time these days and its crap. Please Tigerlaw this is not aimed at you at all, just venting.

#109 3 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

What the hell is wrong with Black? Its my favorite color. I wish people would relax, everything is so proper and fake at the same time these days and its crap. Please Tigerlaw this is not aimed at you at all, just venting.

I hear you. Just my personal view, if he said "black people" in the title that would have probably been fine, shortening that to just "blacks" as he did is why I edited it and since I was editing it I put in African American.

#110 3 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Every black person is from America, you Canadians wouldn't understand.

#111 3 years ago
Quoted from Det_Deckard:

You don't think if there was something stern thought it could do to expand to large markets like China or India, they wouldn't?

That's because they don't understand the Indian market. A Tendulkar themed game would keep that new factory of theirs busy for a while.

#112 3 years ago
Quoted from DefaultGen:

Bally Playboy has a black playmate. Stern does not

rdDQ8eC.jpg

Not true. The replaceable pictures in Stern Playboy includes a black playmate. It's optional.

#113 3 years ago

I'm not comfortable with the term African American meaning black. What if someone is from South Africa and he's white, would he not also be African American?

Idris Elba (British actor from Thor etc,,) is often called African American and one time I read the African American British actor Idras Elba. Lewis Hamilton the F1 driver, the American press replacd him being the first black F1 champion with the term first African American F1 champion to which he responded he was neither African nor American.

#114 3 years ago

I wish people would stop calling me "white". I get plenty of sun.

#116 3 years ago

Damn. I opened up this thread expecting to see photos of African Americans on pinball machines--kinda like the threads with photos of cats on pinball machines. Oh well.

#117 3 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

I don't think so.
image.jpg

This should have been the translite for the Demolition Man pin IMHO.

#118 3 years ago

'Zombie' (1940) by Exhibit is the only game I'm aware of with nothing but.

zombie.jpg

#119 3 years ago
Quoted from pinmanguy:

Post some.

Seriously, I know some fellas who would appreciate it.

#120 3 years ago

Comet has both Black people and John Belushi

cometbackglass.jpg

#121 3 years ago

Bally Wizard!

wizglass06.jpg

#122 3 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Comet has both Black people and John Belushi

cometbackglass.jpg

That expression on the kid.........

#123 3 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Because someone may have started a duplicate account and wanted to race bait pinside.

It doesn't appear to be a duplicate account created to troll people. I think the OP just bought a TZ and joined Pinside to learn how to repair and restore his new game.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/profile/scout

#124 3 years ago
Quoted from Joey_N:

Python Anghelo was a master of character expression.

#125 3 years ago

This spinner on Sonic Faces almost fits the bill.

image-24.jpg

#126 3 years ago

Holy balls !! I'm very happy for all of you who are patting yourselves on the back thinking that I started this thread trying to pick on blacks or any other color! It's NOT a huge deep kind of thread... relax.

#127 3 years ago

Playgirl

playgirl.jpg

#128 3 years ago
Quoted from Joey_N:

Wow, I never noticed that. That's a pickaninny - a racist, black caricature.

#129 3 years ago

images.jpg

#131 3 years ago
Quoted from jonnyo:

Wow, I never noticed that. That's a pickaninny - a racist, black caricature.

Come to Ohio or Michigan sometime.

Plenty of black women with amazingly full lips and pigtailed hair, nothing racist about it.

hqdefault.jpg

step4_medium.jpg

beautylips.jpg

#132 3 years ago
Quoted from Scout:

Holy balls !! I'm very happy for all of you who are patting yourselves on the back thinking that I started this thread trying to pick on blacks or any other color! It's NOT a huge deep kind of thread... relax.

Thank god it only took you 3 days to clear things up.

#133 3 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Come to Ohio or Michigan sometime.
Plenty of black women with amazingly full lips and pigtailed hair, nothing racist about it.

hqdefault.jpgstep4_medium.jpgbeautylips.jpg

That may be true, but it doesn't nullify the nearly hundred years when it was used for racist purposes.

#134 3 years ago
Quoted from jonnyo:

That may be true, but it doesn't nullify the nearly hundred years when it was used for racist purposes.

If the child was eating a watermelon or being bit by an alligator, I'd agree with you.

If you had ever hung out with Python, you would know he was the least racist person in the world.

#135 3 years ago

I believe you are thinking about pickaninny art and ads like this:

18d9cca1-421d-4d36-b7c3-a52e354230e5.jpg

2440079_1_l.jpg

I'se_so_happy_-_postcard.jpg

And that crap is a LONGGGGGGGGGGGGGG way from Python's art.

#137 3 years ago

Yeah, Happy Gang has something for everyone.

Jews, Irish, Blacks, Asian, Spanish, American Indians, Mexicans.....

....I know it was all tongue an cheek, but those had to be some insulated times back then.

#138 3 years ago

It was a simpler time before everyone realized that everyone is the same yet special and different in their own way!

#139 3 years ago

Ignoring history is like pretending it never happened.

#140 3 years ago

#141 3 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

If the child was eating a watermelon or being bit by an alligator, I'd agree with you.
If you had ever hung out with Python, you would know he was the least racist person in the world.

I'm not saying "stop the presses". Mainly found it interesting. It's a 25 year old game at this point.

1 year later
#142 2 years ago

Somebody linked to this thread today elsewhere so it's probably going to get bumped anyways, so here's one:

40% black

Screenshot_3767 (resized).png

#143 2 years ago

Let's not forget the bar-fire Stern Playboy, although looks like Miss May proved a point to us all that you can in-fact "go back"

mb7Ozh7 (resized).jpg

#144 2 years ago
Quoted from Otaku:

Somebody linked to this thread today elsewhere so it's probably going to get bumped anyways, so here's one:
40% black

You probably should have left well enough alone. So far your contributions have been pretty weak.

(I would have bumped it but I'm unclean. Sorry unverified.)

#145 2 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

You probably should have left well enough alone. So far your contributions have been pretty weak.
(I would have bumped it but I'm unclean. Sorry unverified.)

Ahh, well it was linked with the different title (it said "blacks on pinball machines" before african americans, and I'm the anti-racism type so I figured I'd make some quick jokes like many of the others on this thread) - the mod thread title change doesn't show up in thread links. Now it doesn't make much sense. Thanks for your kind words, though.

Screenshot_3768 (resized).png

#146 2 years ago

Haha.. my buddy just scored one.. his first machine..

#147 2 years ago
Quoted from Otaku:

Ahh, well it was linked with the different title (it said "blacks on pinball machines" before african americans, and I'm the anti-racism type) - the mod thread title change doesn't show up in thread links. Now it doesn't make much sense. Thanks for your kind words, though.

Well calling someone African American is more racist than calling someone black but we'll let that discussion alone.

Quoted from rai:

I'm not comfortable with the term African American meaning black. What if someone is from South Africa and he's white, would he not also be African American?
Idris Elba (British actor from Thor etc,,) is often called African American and one time I read the African American British actor Idras Elba. Lewis Hamilton the F1 driver, the American press replacd him being the first black F1 champion with the term first African American F1 champion to which he responded he was neither African nor American.

#148 2 years ago

Is this a thread "BLACKLASH" against the pinball industry?

Van Epps approves of this thread!

#149 2 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

Well calling someone African American is more racist than calling someone black but we'll let that discussion alone.

Okay? And what does that have to do with my post, I'm not the one who changed the thread title. I was simply referred to how my jokes only made sense with the old thread title because I used the term "black" literally (to mock the near-racist old trolly thread title with pictures of literally black things, like the smoke soot), as I didn't notice the new one since it doesn't show up very easily (the link stays the same). I didn't even call anybody African American. Oh brother.

It was mocking the OP using the words "black people", which, I don't believe people should be referred to as like that, at least here. So I mocked it, with literal "black" people. Like Gene's makeup. I think we're on the same team here and you're not realizing it...

#150 2 years ago
Quoted from Otaku:

Let's not forget the bar-fire Stern Playboy, although looks like Miss May proved a point to us all that you can in-fact "go back"

Haha, that was mine! I licked my finger and rubbed the soot off to make sure the art was still there under all that crap. I should have done it in a least noticeable place since it ruined all the before and after photos.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 269.00
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
$ 399.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
1,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Keremeos, BC
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
Machine - For Sale
Livingston, NJ
$ 16.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
$ 22.00
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball
$ 10.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball
$ 22.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Lighted Pinball Mods
5,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Belle Chasse, LA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 166 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 4.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside