Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by St0n3PiraT3
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

#1 3 years ago

I have this BLACKOUT (System 6a) where the GI is not working. I've of course checked the fuses, checked the relay and the diode. The sound as well seems to be now working on and off.

Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks

#2 3 years ago

I had a bad solder connection for the group of yellow wires that connects to the three fuse holder behind the big capacitor in the backbox. This caused my GI to go out.

Not sure about the sound problem...

#3 3 years ago
Quoted from Nomad:

I have this BLACKOUT (System 6a) where the GI is not working. I've of course checked the fuses, checked the relay and the diode. The sound as well seems to be now working on and off.
Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks

Measure for the 6vac before and after the relay. before and after the fuse etc. simple circuit.

i would assume a solenoid transistor drives the relay that blinks the GI. Check that too. I would imagine it clicks during solenoid test if it is solenoid transistor controlled.

#4 3 years ago

Check fuses continuity (not fuses only), solder connections on the little board behind capacitor, then solders on relay.
In diagnostic mode test that relay blinks the GI (Test 3 - Sol. 15). The corresponding transistor on the driver board is Q43... check if good.
For the sound issue... in my opinion it seems a sockets problem that not ensure a good contact with eprom
Keep us updated
Ciao

3 weeks later
#5 3 years ago

Sorry for the delay in this but things got busy and then holiday time popped up.

Gonna check more thoroughly this evening.

Thank you for your input here

7 months later
#6 3 years ago

I'm having a similar issue. I replaced the battery receptacle on the MPU and now I don't have any speech on the Blackout. The speech works via the diagnostics on the sound board but not during gameplay. Setting 34 has been changed to 3 and 13 with no luck. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

#7 3 years ago

Resolved... thanks

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 99.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Sales
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Gilbert, AZ
$ 12.00
Cabinet - Other
Siegecraft Electronics
$ 22.00
$ 14.99
Electronics
PinballElectronics.com
$ 17.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
$ 14.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Doc's Pinball Shop
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 29.95
$ 14.95

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside