• Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 9 years ago

I have a blackout I cannot get out of audit mode. Here is what I have done:
Changed batteries
Added battery pack
Re soldered battery back
checked contenuity between battery pack and next closest point.
Changed flipper roms
Changed Game rom.

Where else can I look? This one is leaving me stumped

#2 9 years ago

change the 5101.
You will find more tips if you search for firepower eg "firepower stuck in audit mode"

#3 9 years ago

Have you tried leaving the coin door open and rapidly turning the power switch off and back on? It may take it a couple times to take.

#4 9 years ago
Quoted from wiredoug:

change the 5101.

+1. Unfortunately, that little bugger is soldered in on these old Williams boards. Delicate work to be sure, but a Haako 808 can help make removal quick and painless.

#5 9 years ago
Quoted from dothedoo:

...a Haako 808 can help make removal quick and painless.

agreed. a good desoldering gun is worth every cent,

#6 9 years ago

If it doesn't get out of audit mode when you power cycle on and off rapidly with the coin door open then most likely the 5101. Remove, socket and replace... I am assuming vid's guide has already been followed...

#7 9 years ago

Slow down here. don't go removing any chips just yet.

First thing to do is to check the voltage at the 5101 RAM with the game off. at pin22 you should see about 4 volts. If you don't, then the problem is most likely your battery pack or the blocking diode on the CPU board. You'll never get out of audits if you don't have 4 volts at the 5101 RAM pin 22.

Also make sure the coin door is *open* upon reboot. if you have the coin door closed, the coin door switch won't allow the memory to reset itself, and you'll never get out of audits.

Now with the coin door open, do a "quick switch" on the power. That is, coin door open. Game off. Power on the game (and into audit mode.) Now quickly, and i mean as quick as you can do it, turn the game's power switch off and back on. Does the game go to attract mode? if so, your 5101 RAM chip is fine, and the problem is related to the CPU board blocking diode or your battery pack itself.

#8 9 years ago

CFH is right but I always like to remove, socket and replace that 5101 because if the original has not gone out its a ticking time bomb...

There are detailed instructions half way down this thread to check 5101 voltages with photos...
http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/please-help-firepower-boards/page/3

#9 9 years ago

Can I have all your old 5101 chips please? (They are not time bombs if handled statically correct.)

#10 9 years ago

the 5101 is toasted. Does the good ole radio shack sell them? Or will I end up at GPE?

#11 9 years ago

Doubt radio shack... GPE or Marco ..

#12 9 years ago

or bigdaddy

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Tools
Pincoder Store

2,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Chicago, IL
$ 20.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Berkeley Springs, WV
Machine - For Sale
Shepherdsville, KY
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 42.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/blackout-stuck-in-audit-mode and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.