Topic Stats

• 9 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by mof
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

FuseUpgrade (resized).jpg

#1 1 year ago

Tonight I replaced the burned out left flipper coil and as soon as I started my first game, all of the playfield coils stopped working. (note all of the pf coils worked great before I replaced the flipper coil). I checked the fuses and F2 was blown. I don't have any replacements but before I go and buy a box of fuses can anybody suggest what may have caused it to blow after I replaced the flipper coil ?

Side note, the flippers still work but none of the other coils do.

#2 1 year ago

Ok so don't hate me but I installed a larger fuse to see if I could figure out what was going on. Realized that after replacing the coil I waxed the playfield and when doing so got the left bumper upper contacts twisted together so it was keeping the bumper coil extended at all times (and BOY was it hot). Once I untwisted the switch contacts the game is playing great again. How I didn't notice the arm extended before I don't know.

#3 1 year ago

Good work! Now make sure to get the right fuse and pop it in! Speaking of fuses, have you added the 8 amp slow blow fuses to the 2 backbox-mounted bridge rectifiers? That's a highly suggested modification that may save your game from catching on fire someday. Vid1900 has a good write-up on the procedure in his system 3-7 guide.

Congrats on the fix!

#4 1 year ago
Quoted from FelixTCat:

contacts twisted together

By setting your ego aside, and reporting what you discovered, no matter how embarrassing it is -- you help dozens of people in the future who will wonder why a playfield solenoid fuse might blow.

thanks!
-mof

#5 1 year ago
Quoted from mof:

By setting your ego aside, and reporting what you discovered, no matter how embarrassing it is -- you help dozens of people in the future who will wonder why a playfield solenoid fuse might blow.
thanks!
-mof

6 years in the Navy....... no such thing as letting ego get in the way anymore especially when it saves others from wasting their time trying to help me troubleshoot something like this.

#6 1 year ago
Quoted from frunch:

Good work! Now make sure to get the right fuse and pop it in! Speaking of fuses, have you added the 8 amp slow blow fuses to the 2 backbox-mounted bridge rectifiers? That's a highly suggested modification that may save your game from catching on fire someday. Vid1900 has a good write-up on the procedure in his system 3-7 guide.
Congrats on the fix!

I haven't but I will check that out next. No reason to burn down the house !

#7 1 year ago

This is how I did my fuse upgrade. Lined them up with the head bolts and left enough space to add the labels. There are more details on this update in the System 3-7 bulletproofing thread on pinside.

FuseUpgrade (resized).jpg
#8 1 year ago

Found the thread, the section pertaining to my suggestion starts at post #59... https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/vids-guide-to-bulletproofing-williams-system-6/page/2

#9 1 year ago

Takes about 30 minutes. Purdy easy

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 22.00
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 99.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Sales
$ 12.00
Cabinet - Other
Siegecraft Electronics
$ 14.99
Electronics
PinballElectronics.com
$ 5.00
$ 39.50
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 30.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
$ 9.95
Apparel - Unisex
Pinball Wheezer
$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 150.00
Playfield - Protection
Republic Of Pinball
$ 29.00

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside