(Topic ID: 222933)

Blackout playfield GI -something simple?

By StratDoc

5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 5 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Rikoshay
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 5 years ago

Held a tournament the other night - big fun. The GI on the Blakout playfield decided to go out after lots of play. Coin door GI and backbox GI are fine. Fuses are all good. GI relay is fine game flashes as it should. I have continuity from the backbox fuse holder GI fuse to the pf GI but I am not measuring 6.3vac at the playfield GI.

#2 5 years ago

Have you checked the connector used to attach the wires to the terminals of the bridge for the GI?
    If you had a session on it this may have come loose?

#3 5 years ago

According to schematic it doesn't come off a bridge rectifier. It is 6.3vac directly off the transformer for all GIs. since the BG GI and coin door GI work the transformer is okay. 6.3vac wire off the transformer connects to the 20 amp fuse block. I have continuity from the fuse block to the pf so no short there but I am not getting 6.3vac at the pf to illuminate the GI.

#4 5 years ago

The GI relay is in the backbox - on the bottom, middle right. Did you check the joints there?

#5 5 years ago

Sorry to have mislead you, I was reading up on William's pins and obviously got something wrong.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/blackout-playfield-gi-something-simple and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.