• 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by StratDoc
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image_(resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider stratdoc.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 7 years ago

My Blackout has all new boards - mpu327, new sound board, and power board. Everything works great except of a couple of minor issues.

1) the top right (3) rollover land activates the inside left inside rollover/return light. If I use the right flipper to change top rollover lanes to either 1 or 2 the the left inside roller/return light goes off. I have looked at the switch matrix and the the top right rollover and left side rollover do not appear to be connected.
2) occasionally when hitting one of the spinners the sound will be a loud sustained buzzing noise until I hit any spinner which stops the noise.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

#3 7 years ago

Thank you for the reply about the sound. Yes, it is annoying but thankfully happens infrequently.

Does anyone have thoughts about the light issue from the original post? I am perplexed as to why it is happening.

Robert

1 month later
#4 7 years ago

I am reposting this thread because I continue to have light issues. The green left targets always flash even if hit by the ball and the red targets lights never show solid - always flash when activated. The yellow target lights do not display at all. I still have the left inside return lane problem. When using lane change I activate lane 3 at the top the inside left roller flashes. If I change to lane to 1 or 2 the inside left return stops flashing.

I am more and more thinking it is the new rotten dog board that has an issue.

Thanks for your thoughts.
Robert

#6 7 years ago

Good point, and it occurred to me to check the switches last nigh. I also reset the switches to a different pin and then reset them to Blackout with no change in lighting behavior.

Robert

3 weeks later
#8 7 years ago

I finally am getting back to working on this. I have spent most of my time lately in trying to fix a Black Hole.

I checked all diodes and they are fine. I ended up sending my Rottendog board back to Jim Knight - great guy and great customer service - and lamp row 7 (Q61) was blown. He fixed and returned the board. Installed the board and still have the same problem - top right rollover lane activates left return to flipper lane, green drop target lights continually flash, red center target lights seem to have a mind of their own, and top yellow drop target lights do not work properly.

Please take a look at the attached photo. The disconnected red wire was attached to the top right rollover light power lug and connected to the center power lug of the yellow drop target lights - seemed strange. I disconnected it as you can see in the picture. I now no longer have the issue with the top right rollover activating the left return to flipper light. I have not be able to find schematics so do not know why this wire was connected that way. Could this connection have been the issue? I still have the constant flashing green lights, etc. Thiniking the transistor may have already blown again, I checked continuity on the transistors. Assuming I am doing it properly - black probe grounded and red probe on the transistor - all transistors still check out okay. I don't know which one Jim replaced so I checked them all.

I would welcome any help.

Thanks,

Robert

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 42.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 11.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

2,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Chicago, IL
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Berkeley Springs, WV
Tools
Pincoder Store

$ 129.00
Cabinet Parts
Bob's Pinball Stuff

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Shepherdsville, KY

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider stratdoc.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/blackout-lights-and-sound?tu=stratdoc and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.