• No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20150709_221308_resized.jpg
204019-i.jpg
#1 8 years ago

So I found this mentioned in an old thread but it wasn't addressed. Wondering if any Blackout owners out there have a solution...

I just purchased a really nice Blackout & was getting ready to install some LEDs this weekend. On any other machine, I'd just raise the playfield & rest it against the backbox to have easy access to all the bulbs.

But when I raised the playfield on my Blackout, I discovered that the wood rail on the LT side of the machine has a section removed (the RT side is completely straight), which makes both wood rails uneven & the LT side is lower than the other. It makes it impossible to lift the playfield all the way & rest it against up the backbox. Not sure why they manufactured like this (see photo)

204019-i.jpg204019-i.jpg

Anyway I was going to get a piece of wood to place in the gap so to make it easier to work on the playfield , then just remove the piece after I was done. Any other owners experience this or have a solution?

Absolutely loving this game BTW

Thanks!

#2 8 years ago

THIS WAS MY FIRST GAME. oops sorry for the caps. is there another segment of wood on that side closer to the coin door? I have encountered this on older ballys and sterns. You have to pick it up and move it back to where there are supports on both sides

20150709_221308_resized.jpg20150709_221308_resized.jpg

#3 8 years ago

I'm not sure, I'll have to look when I get home. But I don't recall seeing an extra piece of wood in the cabinet. That's kind of what I figured, that you have to put another piece of wood in the gap.

#4 8 years ago

i didnt add it. it was stock

1 week later
#5 8 years ago

If anyone cares, I just cut a new piece of wood for the gap & keep it in the cabinet now. Then I put it in the gap & fold the playfield up when I need to get at the underside. Worked well when doing the entire LED swap.

3 months later
#6 8 years ago

I just picked up Blackout this weekend and came across this topic. My pin is exactly the same as yours. If you look at the underside of the playfield you will see the wiring for the five green targets right near that edge. My guess is that the cutout is to prevent the wiring from getting pinched and pulled between the play field and the support rail.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
2,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Chicago, IL
$ 11.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

Machine - For Sale
Shepherdsville, KY
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Berkeley Springs, WV
Tools
Pincoder Store

$ 42.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/blackout-lifting-playfield-question-for-owners and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.