(Topic ID: 288864)

"Blackout" Lane change locks up game

By rotormoshun

3 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rotormoshun.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 3 years ago

have a Williams Blackout and when start a game and Press the right flipper (just once) it will make a "joust sound" from the sound board and then lock up all the playfield. The flippers still work but nothing else does.

If I unsolder the diode on the right flipper then the game all plays great (left and right flipper function normally). But of course I do not have any lane change on the right flipper.

I have swapped a good MPU board in thinking that was it (it was not) , where else should I look?

P.S. The Diode seems to test "good"

#3 3 years ago

Correct, it goes "dead" even if I manually (with diode connected) and I close the "lane switch" without activating the right flipper.

What direction do you have for me please?

#5 3 years ago

I have verified that they are not touching. Yes the machine was working great (even with lane change) and then this issue appeared. Any chance its an issue on the driver board?

#6 3 years ago

Well I narrowed it down to the driver board. I put my Firepower driver board into the Blackout and it works now. However I would like to fix the Blackout Driver board. I don't know what part of the board would be suspect to the failure. Is there a mapping of what does what on the driver board?

#7 3 years ago

Posting solution. I tracked down the schematics and traced it to a bad hex inverter on Driver board. Replaced it and now 100 percent. Thank you for all your help.

SOLVED

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Tools
Pincoder Store

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 129.00
Cabinet Parts
Bob's Pinball Stuff

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 42.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Shepherdsville, KY
$ 11.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Berkeley Springs, WV
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

2,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Chicago, IL

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rotormoshun.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/blackout-lane-change-locks-up-game?tu=rotormoshun and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.