• Latest reply 1 year ago by rcbrown316
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

1206182208 (resized).jpg

#1 3 years ago

I have a blackout that has issues with the feature lights in what appears to be associated with row 7 on the lamp matrix. All of those are out. I recently had all the boards bulletproofed and repaired by a reputable tech in the hobby. He changed 5 driver transistors and got another problem where some of the feature lamps were burning up fixed. All the diodes appear to be fine as are the connections on the sockets. I think the issue may be in the harness somewhere. I checked the continuity from socket to socket on the yellow wires and everything seems to be connected. I am looking for some experienced advice on how to properly further troubleshoot the problem step by step from the connector on the driver board back to the playfield harness.

1206182208 (resized).jpg
#2 3 years ago

You checked continuity between sockets, but did you check from one of those (on the banded side of the diode) back to the board? Should be able to get continuity right to the tab of Q61

#3 3 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

You checked continuity between sockets, but did you check from one of those (on the banded side of the diode) back to the board? Should be able to get continuity right to the tab of Q61

nope I haven't done that. this is exactly the type of advice I am looking for. greatly appreciated Zac!

2 years later
#4 1 year ago

tagging post to make it easier to find

2 months later
#5 1 year ago

was monkeying around with this tonight testing continuity looking at connections wiring etc...and sadly (kinda)...it fixed itself. Now oi have to figure out why there are limitless balls

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
$ 11.00
$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
$ 14.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
$ 59.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
$ 129.00
Cabinet Parts
Bob's Pinball Stuff
Tools
Pincoder Store
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, become a Pinside+ member!