(Topic ID: 216315)

Blackout - Lamp Matrix Column 7 Issue (none of those lights work)

By nicknack66

5 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 5 years ago

Since owning my Blackout, all the lights in Column 7 (on the lamp matrix) haven't worked. This corresponds with Driver Board 2J5, pin 1. Using a paperclip and alligator clips, I was able to determine that it is not the wiring since when I connected to a different pin on 2J5 all the lights work! I removed the board and checked for continuity at the pin at 2J5-1 (which was fine) and just to be safe, reflowed solder there, but no change. Any suggestions on what to check/do next? Seems like the pin at 2J5-1 on the driver board isn't getting power, but I don't know why. Thanks.

#2 5 years ago

If you have a logic probe, you can check pin 8 of IC14 to ensure it is pulsing. If it is, its either Q75 or Q74 if you don't think you have a connector or cold solder joint issue.

#3 5 years ago
Quoted from Schwaggs:

If you have a logic probe, you can check pin 8 of IC14 to ensure it is pulsing. If it is, its either Q75 or Q74 if you don't think you have a connector or cold solder joint issue.

Thanks. I don't have a logic probe, but will test Q75 and Q74.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
2,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Chicago, IL
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 150.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop
Displays
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Berkeley Springs, WV
$ 42.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits
Boards
$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball
Led
Playfields
Troxel Repair
Playfields
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Tools
Pincoder Store
Tools
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
Machine - For Sale
Shepherdsville, KY
$ 129.00
Cabinet Parts
Bob's Pinball Stuff
Cabinet parts

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/blackout-lamp-matrix-column-7-issue-none-of-those-lights-work and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.