(Topic ID: 173301)

Blackout got a... blackout (Williams System 6)

By uncle_jose

7 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 7 years ago

So... and odd thing happened last night.

I was replacing bulbs for leds on the playfield for my (Williams) Blackout and on one particular socket I noticed that it will short out the GI (GI lighting will go off) removed the bulb immediately but now my GI doesn't lit. The fuse below the power supply seems fine. The backbox and the lights (controlled lights) under the playfield will lit fine.

One thing though... I put the machine on service mode to check all the lights and while on that mode, the wire that connects to the tilt leaf switch, the one that is at the end of the ball-tilt it started smoking.

Any ideas?

Many thanks!

~jac

#2 7 years ago

sounds like all the lamp current was going back to the driver board via a switch wire.

Find and fix the short on the pf. The driver board will likely need serviced too. Give the driver board a visual inspection, top right section. If a wire started to smoke, the driver broad might have been burnt too.

#3 7 years ago
Quoted from barakandl:

sounds like all the lamp current was going back to the driver board via a switch wire.
Find and fix the short on the pf. The driver board will likely need serviced too. Give the driver board a visual inspection, top right section. If a wire started to smoke, the driver broad might have been burnt too.

So my short is definitely on a bulb socket, correct? my board is a rottendog mpu, forgot to mention it. Ugh!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Berkeley Springs, WV
2,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Chicago, IL
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Tools
Pincoder Store

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Shepherdsville, KY
$ 20.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 42.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/blackout-got-a-blackout-williams-system-6 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.