Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20210526_223035 (resized).jpg
20210526_223120 (resized).jpg
20210526_222942 (resized).jpg
20210526_223102 (resized).jpg
20210526_223007 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider zacaj.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2 2 years ago

Nope. Both those other coils are designed for 50v games, they're much weaker than what you already have. The replacement Williams mechs, other than the eos, should have no strength difference compared to the original mechs in blackout.

#4 2 years ago
Quoted from rcbrown316:

Thanks Zac. You just saved me a bunch of time. The sfl-19-400-30-750-DC does indeed show as the stock coil as i look it up on marco. I was just looking to get the same type of performamnce gain as I did on flash by swapping in the entire assemblies...without swapping in the entire assemblies. I made a few changes to the switches and springs and think i have adequate power for now. More power is better though. Any ideas on how to achieve that considering the current situation?
RB

Modding in extension springs is the only real difference you can make here with the mechs... You won't get a big difference like on flash since Blackout already has newer style mechs compared to the EM ones in flash

#11 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Just change everything but the coil. Keep that stock. I just finished a blackout with WPC full assemblies and the game rips.

I don't get this logic. There's nothing (besides the extension spring) that will make any difference in the play between these old mechs and a wpc mech. If you've already rebuilt the old mechs, why would you buy new mechs? And if you haven't, why spend extra on new, non original mechs? There's no need to put new mechs in a game that already has a single piece baseplate

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
2,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Chicago, IL
Tools
Pincoder Store

$ 42.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 20.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 129.00
Cabinet Parts
Bob's Pinball Stuff

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Berkeley Springs, WV
$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Shepherdsville, KY
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider zacaj.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/blackout-flipper-coils?tu=zacaj and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.