• 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Schwaggs
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

A699C28F-A2FE-4FDA-B3AB-D86C4674F43B (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Schwaggs.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3 2 years ago

Do not use 4 AA batteries, max is 3 cells. 6V is over the maximum rating for IC27 which is powered by CMOS Battery voltage. It's absolute maximum supply voltage is 5.25V. You should check IC27 to see if it is still functioning properly.

Did you measure the voltage on the 5101 with the game off?

When you power up the game and it starts displays off, are you seeing the LEDs come on and turn off? Use your meter (or logic probe) to see what the blanking signal (TP4) is doing in this case? Is it HI (5V) or LOW (0V)?

Did you have to install a socket for the 5101 or was there a socket there already? If you installed a socket, check your work.

Check the status of the Memory Protect signal (TP3). With the coin door open, it should be LO and with it closed it should be HI.

#7 2 years ago
Quoted from Bert1:

Sockets I installed, based on my continuity check, they are A OK... Audit mode came again. But didn't have time to measure TP4 before displays went off. IC27 well, i don't lnow how I can test it. But I did measure the TP3 voltage and it's at 3.9v when door is closed and TP4 is at 4.5v when displays are off! What does that mean? Thanks!

What about TP3 with the coin door open?

If the socket is good and you are getting 4-5 v at pin 22 of the 5101 with the power off, I’d try another 5101.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Shepherdsville, KY
$ 20.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Berkeley Springs, WV
$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

2,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Chicago, IL
$ 42.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Tools
Pincoder Store

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Schwaggs.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/blackout-either-stuck-on-audit-or-no-display-?tu=Schwaggs and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.