3ADBAFE4-97B3-433C-9452-3D6084AE10A3 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20230107_221419874 (resized).jpg
PXL_20230107_221434908 (resized).jpg
PXL_20230107_221454019 (resized).jpg
PXL_20230107_221502002 (resized).jpg
PXL_20230107_221510169 (resized).jpg
F859EBBA-FD46-4943-B1D3-83AF60C295E7 (resized).jpeg
3244D8F6-E923-436A-B058-5161130DA283 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pb456.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#376 5 years ago
Quoted from dfester007:

So, I really do like these light mods. I don't want to permanently change the game... but doesn't anyone know where to get the flashing runway lights like he uses in the video... wait until he triggers the blackout.

Instead of the cop light - maybe a strobing black light in front of a topper with black light neon showing a different pattern of some sort?

Just spitballing.

1 week later
#383 5 years ago
Quoted from llevine5:

Thanks, will do. Just curious (being new to pinball); let's say the connection was somehow broken between the connector and the board. Why would plugging and unplugging then cause the series to reset? Is it because you are breaking the column/row matrix processing cycle, then reinstating it, so something in the ROM says "Hey, reset everything"??? I would have thought if the connection was broken, it wouldn't reset at all, but that's not the case.

I would also replace the diodes on those coils for the drop targets - I use 1N4004 I believe. The 'horseshoe' connectors were notoriously flaky as were the circuit boards, and you might even have a problem with the drop target guides, which I can 3D print.

I second shimmydisc 's suggestion on a replacement MPU/Driver board from RottenDog - MPU327. I was having a hell of a time.

I also second Robotworkshop 's suggestion on replacing connectors - the .156" connectors on the MPU, driver, power boards especially.

Also do yourself a solid and put an 8A fuse with holder inbetween one of the blue leads on the left bridge rectifier and one of the red leads on the right bridge rectifier (underneath the PSU, a little to the left I think). The reason is that you want to prevent the machine from catching fire. Literally.

Look up vid1900 's guide on Bullet-Proofing WMS system 3-6+, you'll be glad you did.

#392 5 years ago
Quoted from alveolus:

My biggest gripe with the rule set is that there is no reason to ever shoot the right lower spinner lane. This is a shame as it is a cool shot and adds to the pleasing flow of the game.
Does anyone know how difficult it would be to modify the ROM to add a simple rule to incentivize this shot?
One idea:
Completing the center target bank twice lights the lower right spinner.
Completing the upper target bank lights only the top right spinner.
Completing both of the above lights both but flashes one of the spinners for 2000/spin which alternates with each spinner hit.
Thoughts?

I thought after the third go-around of Yellow that spinner is worth 1K per spin?

#396 5 years ago
Quoted from alveolus:

Second go-round it is but so is the upper right spinner which is an easier shot. I dream of something to differentiate the two spinners so that at some point it is advantageous to shoot the lower spinner.

I find it almost as easy - bottom and top right - but may have to do with the rubbers and the end of stroke switch on my left flipper.

#400 5 years ago
Quoted from dfester007:

GI lighting problem. Everything worked on the machine. Then I put LEDs in the black glass (looks awesome). Then noticed a day or two later that the Playfield GI is out. All of it. Also the basic low drone sound isn’t playing. Everything else works. Sounds, insert lights, blackout function on the black glass (GI isn’t working so can’t see it).
So, checked around, no fuses out, no wires off that I could see, no burn marks. Flexed and tapped the harnesses, nothing.
New to pins, and learning to troubleshoot. Suggestions?

Guessing - common ground shorted out between BG and PF? Or shorted bulb?

#402 5 years ago
Quoted from dfester007:

Again new to pins... can the actual bulbs fail as a short internally? Or are you speaking of the sockets being shorted?

I would be more likely to assume that it would be a bulb than the socket, as the sockets have a good deal of space between anode and cathode. It's just a wild guess, walking back what was done and the result. I've seen LEDs burn out and have seen some wierd stuff and tried to forget it and move on after it drove me mad

#407 5 years ago
Quoted from dfester007:

Turns out the credit button works better in free play. However, I have found 2 wires off on my coin door diagnostic buttons. Anyone have a wiring diagram or can take a photo of which colors go to which switch?

image090_r (resized).jpgimage090_r (resized).jpgimage091_r (resized).jpgimage091_r (resized).jpgimage092_r (resized).jpgimage092_r (resized).jpg
#408 5 years ago

Oh... By the by - I have had to replace several diodes in mine, as there were game reset problems, and all boiled down to damaged diodes, one of which you see on the high score reset switch, above. I have been using 1N4004.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

2,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Chicago, IL
Machine - For Sale
Shepherdsville, KY
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Berkeley Springs, WV
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 42.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Tools
Pincoder Store

$ 11.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pb456.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/blackout-club-fans-welcome?tu=pb456 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.