3ADBAFE4-97B3-433C-9452-3D6084AE10A3 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20230107_221419874 (resized).jpg
PXL_20230107_221434908 (resized).jpg
PXL_20230107_221454019 (resized).jpg
PXL_20230107_221502002 (resized).jpg
PXL_20230107_221510169 (resized).jpg
F859EBBA-FD46-4943-B1D3-83AF60C295E7 (resized).jpeg
3244D8F6-E923-436A-B058-5161130DA283 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Pintor.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#346 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinstein:

Club member, My second blackout now. Ive tweaked this one a bit.

Omg that’s amazing!! Mind letting us know how you did that? I love my blackout was my first pinball.

1 month later
#355 5 years ago
Quoted from Inkochnito:

I've made a nice solution for this problem.
Goto my website http://www.inkochnito.nl and click on the Bridge Board image for more info.

I actually bought one of these for my blackout. I’ve looked at the walkthrough you did for the firepower. I noticed that my blackout has an extra purple wire that’s connected to the orange wire at the left bridge. Will I just end up with an extra purple wire? I wanted to check before I started cutting.

Thanks!

#356 5 years ago

Sorry that should have said blue wire with the orange. Here’s the pic

0EDA049A-1475-4462-AEA2-B40031DB5754 (resized).jpeg0EDA049A-1475-4462-AEA2-B40031DB5754 (resized).jpeg21F14085-855E-42CD-8A52-A50F8B3889B3 (resized).jpeg21F14085-855E-42CD-8A52-A50F8B3889B3 (resized).jpeg
2 months later
#375 5 years ago

Neat effect, but agree, I like the original better. His PF is in nice condition.

1 week later
#384 5 years ago
Quoted from llevine5:

*xpost from repair sub, someone suggested I post here! Super happy to have joined the club and looking forward to learning a lot!*
Hi all! I just picked up my first ever pin over the weekend, a Blackout. It was non functional when I bought it, but I managed to get it powered on and semi functional. I am chugging through some play issues right now, but am stuck on drop targets.
When I drop all of the center and right bank targets, each one of them registers individually, but they don't all clear and reset, nor do I get the "Red/Yellow condition". All of the targets will reset when the ball is over, so I know the solenoids work. I also dissassembled and cleaned the targets and circuit cards. In my troubleshooting, I've also discovered that removing and reinstalling the switch column connector on the MPU board will trigger the series completion, reset all the targets, and light up the "Red/Yellow condition" for the Blackout kickout.
I'm scratching my head on this and would appreciate some guidance! Thanks.

Blackout was my first pin too! I learned so much from fixing it. I agree with everything said above. The issues in my game revolved around bad transistors on the MPU board. I went ahead and replaced the MPU and power supply with boards from rottendog. I’ve been very happy with the purchase and the pin plays great. I also purchased a bridge board from inkochnito which essentially does the same thing that pb456 said regarding placing those fuses near the bridge rectifiers in addition to replacing the large capacitor near them.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bridge-board-available-for-williams-games

Blackout is one of the fastest pins I’ve played. Make sure your flippers are strong, crank up the pitch, and have fun!

2 months later
#416 5 years ago
Quoted from VacMetal:

Hopefully no one thinks I’m an idiot for trying this, but I propped up the left Orbit gate. It gave the game a bit better flow in terms of ball play since there could be more concentric orbital shots the ball could take going each way, but of course the scoring was a negative because the “orbit completed” bonus was scored both ways. Anyone else ever try this?

I haven’t but that’s an interesting idea. Do you like it better that way?

1 month later
#427 5 years ago
Quoted from funknflow:

OK so the NW7 board showed up and it is a GODSEND!!! It works incredibly and has instantly solved all of my issues with blackout. You can also change out individual sound FX or add background music if you please. This way I was able to swap up the upper register "hum" from the spinners with a more pleasing tone for my family (actually used the upper register alien poker sfx), and can swap back whenever i want. I am so impressed with this board and happy to have it running 100% now.

Can you replace the him with the heartbeat from gorgar? When I bought my blackout, it made that sound for some reason before I replaced the mpu

#429 5 years ago
Quoted from funknflow:

you can replace it with that, or literally any other sound you can think of. included with the board is an SD card that has every system 3-7 broken down into thousands of .WAV samples. I took out the 3 highest pitch registers of the background hum (the ones that drive my family up the freakin' wall) and swapped them out with Alien Poker's 3 highest pitch background sounds and it works amazingly well.

Can you post a link? The one in the other forum led to a website that was in a language I couldn’t read! Ty!

2 months later
#440 5 years ago
Quoted from ThatOneDude:

burtcam is correct. The kit is rottendog. One of the games was stripped down for a restore. The other is working(just haven't reinstalled the head).

Blackout was my first pin ever, I know I’m biased, but I just absolutely love this game. Great job on the resto!!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 20.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Berkeley Springs, WV
Machine - For Sale
Shepherdsville, KY
Tools
Pincoder Store

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 42.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

2,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Chicago, IL
$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Pintor.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/blackout-club-fans-welcome?tu=Pintor and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.