3ADBAFE4-97B3-433C-9452-3D6084AE10A3 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20230107_221419874 (resized).jpg
PXL_20230107_221434908 (resized).jpg
PXL_20230107_221454019 (resized).jpg
PXL_20230107_221502002 (resized).jpg
PXL_20230107_221510169 (resized).jpg
F859EBBA-FD46-4943-B1D3-83AF60C295E7 (resized).jpeg
3244D8F6-E923-436A-B058-5161130DA283 (resized).jpeg
There are 1,009 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 21.
#401 5 years ago
Quoted from pb456:

Guessing - common ground shorted out between BG and PF? Or shorted bulb?

Again new to pins... can the actual bulbs fail as a short internally? Or are you speaking of the sockets being shorted?

#402 5 years ago
Quoted from dfester007:

Again new to pins... can the actual bulbs fail as a short internally? Or are you speaking of the sockets being shorted?

I would be more likely to assume that it would be a bulb than the socket, as the sockets have a good deal of space between anode and cathode. It's just a wild guess, walking back what was done and the result. I've seen LEDs burn out and have seen some wierd stuff and tried to forget it and move on after it drove me mad

#403 5 years ago

Did you disconnect or knock a wire off the relay in the backbox that turns on and off the GI?

#404 5 years ago

Victory is mine. Fuse. Old one had continuity but wouldnt let any real current through.

So. Now credit switch won't work to start game. Another fuse someplace?

#405 5 years ago

Turns out the credit button works better in free play. However, I have found 2 wires off on my coin door diagnostic buttons. Anyone have a wiring diagram or can take a photo of which colors go to which switch?

#406 5 years ago
Quoted from dfester007:

Turns out the credit button works better in free play. However, I have found 2 works off on my coin door diagnostic buttons. Anyone have a wiring diagram or can take a photo of which colors go to which switch?

Do you have the manual? You can download it from here:

https://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=317

I think the schematics show the switch wiring.

#407 5 years ago
Quoted from dfester007:

Turns out the credit button works better in free play. However, I have found 2 wires off on my coin door diagnostic buttons. Anyone have a wiring diagram or can take a photo of which colors go to which switch?

image090_r (resized).jpgimage090_r (resized).jpgimage091_r (resized).jpgimage091_r (resized).jpgimage092_r (resized).jpgimage092_r (resized).jpg
#408 5 years ago

Oh... By the by - I have had to replace several diodes in mine, as there were game reset problems, and all boiled down to damaged diodes, one of which you see on the high score reset switch, above. I have been using 1N4004.

#409 5 years ago
Quoted from pb456:

Oh... By the by - I have had to replace several diodes in mine, as there were game reset problems, and all boiled down to damaged diodes, one of which you see on the high score reset switch, above. I have been using 1N4004.

I had to replace some for the lamps too.

#410 5 years ago

Thank you for the help and picks. Got things all fixed up. Things are working just fine on the pin now
The support was great, thank you again.

1 month later
#411 5 years ago

Just joined the club
Does anyone know when hit the lower drop targets do you get a noise and a score? Mine go down and reset but not sure about points
Thanks

#412 5 years ago

It says "condition red"...and lights the red insert for the right saucer. Not sure about scoring.

#413 5 years ago

Has anyone found the playfield decals..
I am missing the 2x,3x... lower 4 and the lane change
I have done a number of searches but have not seen any?

1 week later
#414 5 years ago
Quoted from koen12344:

I am claiming my spot in this club
Can't wait to work on this one, but I should work on my project pins in the order they came in...

[quoted image][quoted image]

Finally found some time to work on it!

WhatsApp Image 2018-12-04 at 22.52.22 (resized).jpegWhatsApp Image 2018-12-04 at 22.52.22 (resized).jpeg
#415 5 years ago

Hopefully no one thinks I’m an idiot for trying this, but I propped up the left Orbit gate. It gave the game a bit better flow in terms of ball play since there could be more concentric orbital shots the ball could take going each way, but of course the scoring was a negative because the “orbit completed” bonus was scored both ways. Anyone else ever try this?

1 week later
#416 5 years ago
Quoted from VacMetal:

Hopefully no one thinks I’m an idiot for trying this, but I propped up the left Orbit gate. It gave the game a bit better flow in terms of ball play since there could be more concentric orbital shots the ball could take going each way, but of course the scoring was a negative because the “orbit completed” bonus was scored both ways. Anyone else ever try this?

I haven’t but that’s an interesting idea. Do you like it better that way?

#417 5 years ago
Quoted from VacMetal:

but of course the scoring was a negative because the “orbit completed” bonus was scored both ways. Anyone else ever try this?

Also makes it harder to achieve your bonus multipliers, I would think.

1 week later
#418 5 years ago

Just got a blackout - have wanted one for many years as I was jealous of my sister's. I also recently purchased the newer NW7 all-in-one board to experiment with the game. Thanks for the suggestion above about holding open the left orbit gate- it adds a different dimension to the game. I find this one to be addictive.

#419 5 years ago

Is there a way to turn off the attract mode blinking lights?

#420 5 years ago
Quoted from Pintor:

I haven’t but that’s an interesting idea. Do you like it better that way?

I kinda do. Takes 2 seconds to add or remove toothpick and I have not had it move or been aware or it during play. It does make scoring unbalanced because you speed through orbit bonus but the changeup in flow is fun. Definitely not a forever thing, more like when you used to buy a new album, really like it and listen over and over, then take a break from it for awhile knowing you return to it later.

#421 5 years ago
Quoted from johnnycruzr:

Also makes it harder to achieve your bonus multipliers, I would think.

Maybe slightly but I believe similar to other games. It changes up play because you can attempt to go for the orbits *or* concentrate on building your multipliers - makes gives a small boost to strategy.

#422 5 years ago

So I used a toothpick to hold that left gate open and I really like it!! Game feels like it flows better and shooting for that new right orbit is fun. Mine is staying this way for now.

4 weeks later
#423 5 years ago
Quoted from hd60609:

This one worked great for me. Screw holes were good match. No modding.
amazon.com link »
Tricky because I have: Gorgar (1979 Williams) = 8 ohms Blackout (1980 Williams) = 4 ohms

Schematic shows that the speaker is 8 ohms, BTW.

#424 5 years ago
Quoted from funknflow:

Just got a blackout - have wanted one for many years as I was jealous of my sister's. I also recently purchased the newer NW7 all-in-one board to experiment with the game. Thanks for the suggestion above about holding open the left orbit gate- it adds a different dimension to the game. I find this one to be addictive.

OK so the NW7 board showed up and it is a GODSEND!!! It works incredibly and has instantly solved all of my issues with blackout. You can also change out individual sound FX or add background music if you please. This way I was able to swap up the upper register "hum" from the spinners with a more pleasing tone for my family (actually used the upper register alien poker sfx), and can swap back whenever i want. I am so impressed with this board and happy to have it running 100% now.

#425 5 years ago
Quoted from funknflow:

OK so the NW7 board showed up and it is a GODSEND!!! It works incredibly and has instantly solved all of my issues with blackout. You can also change out individual sound FX or add background music if you please. This way I was able to swap up the upper register "hum" from the spinners with a more pleasing tone for my family (actually used the upper register alien poker sfx), and can swap back whenever i want. I am so impressed with this board and happy to have it running 100% now.

Looking at the suppliers site, am I reading it correctly 389 euros for this board?

#426 5 years ago
Quoted from Legacy69:

Looking at the suppliers site, am I reading it correctly 389 euros for this board?

you are correct. It's not cheap. but there aren't many alternatives and this is a sound / mpu / driver combo

#427 5 years ago
Quoted from funknflow:

Can you replace the him with the heartbeat from gorgar? When I bought my blackout, it made that sound for some reason before I replaced the mpu

#428 5 years ago
Quoted from Pintor:

Can you replace the him with the heartbeat from gorgar? When I bought my blackout, it made that sound for some reason before I replaced the mpu

you can replace it with that, or literally any other sound you can think of. included with the board is an SD card that has every system 3-7 broken down into thousands of .WAV samples. I took out the 3 highest pitch registers of the background hum (the ones that drive my family up the freakin' wall) and swapped them out with Alien Poker's 3 highest pitch background sounds and it works amazingly well.

#429 5 years ago
Quoted from funknflow:

you can replace it with that, or literally any other sound you can think of. included with the board is an SD card that has every system 3-7 broken down into thousands of .WAV samples. I took out the 3 highest pitch registers of the background hum (the ones that drive my family up the freakin' wall) and swapped them out with Alien Poker's 3 highest pitch background sounds and it works amazingly well.

Can you post a link? The one in the other forum led to a website that was in a language I couldn’t read! Ty!

#430 5 years ago
Quoted from funknflow:

This looks very interesting. Some early reviews on the board said that the sounds were strange, what do you think?

#431 5 years ago
Quoted from funknflow:

Hey Funknflow, could you post a video of the game in action with the new sound board? I would definitely like to hear this before pulling the trigger on one.

Thanks,
Richard

1 week later
#432 5 years ago
Quoted from Brijam:

This looks very interesting. Some early reviews on the board said that the sounds were strange, what do you think?

at least for blackout and alien poker, the sounds were identical

1 month later
#433 5 years ago

Lower right spinner issues - Do any of you have ongoing problems with this spinner? I only get 1 or 2 games out of it before it doesn't balance correctly and affects gameplay. I'm constantly adjusting it and just wondering if my spinner is a dud or if this is a game design issue.

#434 5 years ago

I've never had that issue. Is the set screw digging into the rod? Take the set screw out and inspect the bottom - does it look worn? Are you putting the set screw into the same place on the rod? - If so, try setting the screw 90 degrees from where you have been. Is the set screw backing out? if so, a bit of loctite would work.

#435 5 years ago

Picked up a couple of Blackouts from drypaint today. I'm looking forward to a new Williams Sys6 to go with my Gorgar

57340987_1165550850293918_2345900008814936064_n (resized).jpg57340987_1165550850293918_2345900008814936064_n (resized).jpg
#436 5 years ago
Quoted from Billc479:

I've never had that issue. Is the set screw digging into the rod? Take the set screw out and inspect the bottom - does it look worn? Are you putting the set screw into the same place on the rod? - If so, try setting the screw 90 degrees from where you have been. Is the set screw backing out? if so, a bit of loctite would work.

thanks for the help. It seems like the screw holding the right side of the bracket wasn't biting in the wood so every time I hit the spinner, the bracket was moving a bit. We put a toothpick in the hole, glued it and used a slightly larger screw. My buddy also bent the switch where it holds the arm and it's been playing great and sitting properly after some bad hits.

#437 5 years ago
Quoted from ThatOneDude:Picked up a couple of Blackouts from drypaint today. I'm looking forward to a new Williams Sys6 to go with my Gorgar
[quoted image]

That backglass looks great. Can you tell us more about the score display kit on the head sitting on the ground. Are both games working?

#438 5 years ago
#439 5 years ago
Quoted from tbayjay:

That backglass looks great. Can you tell us more about the score display kit on the head sitting on the ground. Are both games working?

burtcam is correct. The kit is rottendog. One of the games was stripped down for a restore. The other is working(just haven't reinstalled the head).

#440 4 years ago
Quoted from ThatOneDude:

burtcam is correct. The kit is rottendog. One of the games was stripped down for a restore. The other is working(just haven't reinstalled the head).

Blackout was my first pin ever, I know I’m biased, but I just absolutely love this game. Great job on the resto!!

#441 4 years ago
Quoted from Pintor:

Great job on the resto!!

I'd like to take credit for it, but drypaint is the responsible party in this case. I'm just picking up where he left off.

#442 4 years ago

Joined the club several weeks ago with a project...

Where is the best--closest to the original--backglass replacement from?

As I understand it there are some less than great one out there...

#443 4 years ago
Quoted from ss-pinball:

Joined the club several weeks ago with a project...
Where is the best--closest to the original--backglass replacement from?
As I understand it there are some less than great one out there...

DO NOT get the one from planetary. The mirroring is great but the color saturation sux. The black is "see through" when backlit, for example. I had to remove a bunch of bulbs to make it even passable.

#444 4 years ago
Quoted from Schwaggs:

DO NOT get the one from planetary.

I got one from Planetary years ago and it looked fine then and looks fine still.
LED back lighting does not bleed through.

I guess they have batches of the glass runs and that might make a difference ?

#445 4 years ago

Mine from PPS looks excellent too, no bleed thru.

#446 4 years ago

Anyone have a picture of where this wire goes? Thanks

9FECF951-8C9F-457B-B421-AD738DF2FCC7 (resized).jpeg9FECF951-8C9F-457B-B421-AD738DF2FCC7 (resized).jpeg
#447 4 years ago
Quoted from jk:

Anyone have a picture of where this wire goes? Thanks

Switch matrix says white/violet goes to the slam tilt.
-mof

1 week later
#448 4 years ago
Quoted from mof:

Switch matrix says white/violet goes to the slam tilt.
-mof

Thanks! Also the wiring for my coin door lights are all hacked/missing . Can someone snap a picture of the wiring for this bulb socket:

57EBFF7E-6DAE-47F6-B2CA-0207ED53AFF3 (resized).jpeg57EBFF7E-6DAE-47F6-B2CA-0207ED53AFF3 (resized).jpeg
#449 4 years ago

Hope these will help...

IMG_1359 (resized).JPGIMG_1359 (resized).JPGIMG_1362 (resized).JPGIMG_1362 (resized).JPGIMG_1364 (resized).JPGIMG_1364 (resized).JPG
#450 4 years ago
Quoted from Robotworkshop:

Hope these will help...
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Yes these are very helpful. Thank you!!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 129.00
Cabinet Parts
Bob's Pinball Stuff

Tools
Pincoder Store

Machine - For Sale
Shepherdsville, KY
$ 20.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 42.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

2,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Chicago, IL
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 1,009 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 21.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/blackout-club-fans-welcome/page/9 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.