3ADBAFE4-97B3-433C-9452-3D6084AE10A3 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20230107_221419874 (resized).jpg
PXL_20230107_221434908 (resized).jpg
PXL_20230107_221454019 (resized).jpg
PXL_20230107_221502002 (resized).jpg
PXL_20230107_221510169 (resized).jpg
F859EBBA-FD46-4943-B1D3-83AF60C295E7 (resized).jpeg
3244D8F6-E923-436A-B058-5161130DA283 (resized).jpeg
There are 1,010 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 21.
#51 7 years ago
Quoted from nicknack66:

I changed my EOS switches, but the ball still didn't make the orbit loop in most cases (falling just short) so I decreased the angle closer to 4.75 and that seems to have fixed the problem.

Replacing the flipper button switch was the thing that worked for mine, can make the orbit shot most times now.

#52 7 years ago
Quoted from mof:

Who can post a movie of the gameplay this weekend? It would be nice to see the action on a well-cared for Blackout...
-mof

Made this video awhile ago before I reworked the right flipper to make the orbit shot better.

#53 7 years ago

I have a question for the group. I have two original Blackout backglasses that I would say are a 7 out of 10. There is some general flaking but no really bad areas. I am trying to decide whether or not to pull the trigger on the reproduction sold by planetary pinball. To offset the cost of the reproduction I was thinking of selling one or both of the originals. My question is 1 ) would you sell both originals or keep at least one and, 2) what would be a reasonable price for an original backglass in decent/good condition?

FYI. I posted over the weekend to the forum about a controlled lamp issue I was having on my Blackout - green target lamps and center bonus lamps stayed in strobe mode throughout the game. The problem was a loosely soldered wire to the green capacitor in the back cabinet.

#54 7 years ago

Curious, did you ever shoot top right spinner? If not why not? Trying to learn the rules, goals...
Mof

#55 7 years ago

WTB- Looking for some displays for my machine. If you have any pm details. Looking for two score displays and credit displays.

#56 7 years ago
Quoted from pacman11:

WTB- Looking for some displays for my machine. If you have any pm details. Looking for two score displays and credit displays.

You might also want to cross post in the bally club thread.
-mof

#57 7 years ago

Thanks. I'll try changing out the flipper switches down the road (don't have them on hand and need to order at some point). As far as the question/concern about the ball draining down the middle after the orbit shot, mine use to do that regularly, but in adjusting the legs a little it doesn't drain down the middle anymore (at least not in most cases). Game still seems balanced (so it isn't like it's lopsided one way or the other). So it can be fixed, without making any modifications to the game.

#58 7 years ago
Quoted from mof:

Curious, did you ever shoot top right spinner? If not why not? Trying to learn the rules, goals...
Mof

When you clear the yellow target bank twice, the right spinner lanes light (red arrows) and value increases to 1000 points per spin, makes a cool sound as it takes it's time adding those spinner points once you hit it. I don't think I ever did on that video, but if they are lit I shoot for them. Hitting the yellow bank 3 times lights blackout and once collected it remains lit for multiple chances at it until the ball drains. Another reason why it is important to get that right flipper working strong.

#59 7 years ago
Quoted from swillie:

When you clear the yellow target bank twice, the right spinner lanes light (red arrows) and value increases to 1000 points per spin, makes a cool sound as it takes it's time adding those spinner points once you hit it.

Wait, you can light spinners in Blackout? Why don't we see you going for that in the video? I don't think you shot at either right spinner.

Quoted from swillie:

Hitting the yellow bank 3 times lights blackout and once collected it remains lit for multiple chances at it until the ball drains. Another reason why it is important to get that right flipper working strong.

multiple chances at what?
are you saying you can't earn "Blackout" until you earn yellow 3x? I thought you just had to earn green 1x, red 1x, yellow 1x, then hit the eject hole.

mof

#60 7 years ago
Quoted from mof:

multiple chances at what?
are you saying you can't earn "Blackout" until you earn yellow 3x? I thought you just had to earn green 1x, red 1x, yellow 1x, then hit the eject hole.
mof

Red-Green-Yellow lights blackout and you can score it once.

Yellow 3x lights blackout until the ball ends and you can score it as many times as possible.

#61 7 years ago
Quoted from mof:

Wait, you can light spinners in Blackout? Why don't we see you going for that in the video? I don't think you shot at either right spinner.

Here you go, I tried my best to get those spinners lit and also show the orbit shot...Blackout had other ideas, couldn't get the orbit going till last couple balls...one went straight down the middle as others have said. I too want to tweak it so that doesn't happen... as it stands a little nudge as it is coming back down out of the top right spinner helps get it to the left flipper.

#62 7 years ago
Quoted from nicknack66:

And as the question/concern about the ball draining down the middle after the orbit shot, mine use to do that regularly, but in adjusting the legs a little it doesn't drain down the middle anymore (at least not in most cases).

if I give a nudge on the side of cab as it comes off the wall by the spinner, I can sometimes avoid the drain.

#63 7 years ago

That was a really enjoyable vid. Really appreciate it.
-mof

#64 7 years ago

Can I ask why you never shot for the near right side lane -- is there no specific rule for it? Is it the "appendix" of the game?

-mof

#65 7 years ago

Some pics of my game. I'm not a huge fan of leds, so they are only in a couple of spots. I need to replace lamp row 7 circuitry as soon as I get the correct parts and tools. Game isn't the best in the cosmetics department, but it isn't bad either and it plays like a champ.

20160908_225020 (resized).jpg20160908_225020 (resized).jpg

20160908_225026 (resized).jpg20160908_225026 (resized).jpg

20160822_194645 (resized).jpg20160822_194645 (resized).jpg

20160908_225257 (resized).jpg20160908_225257 (resized).jpg

#66 7 years ago
Quoted from mof:

Can I ask why you never shot for the near right side lane -- is there no specific rule for it? Is it the "appendix" of the game?
-mof

I, personally, never shoot for the right most spinner.

#67 7 years ago
Quoted from Lysurgeon:

I, personally, never shoot for the right most spinner.

Oh. Snap. What a disappointment to hear. Sounds like Blackout needs a 2.0 rule set something awful!
-mof

#68 7 years ago

Do you roll your game often set to 5-ball?

#69 7 years ago
Quoted from mof:

Oh. Snap. What a disappointment to hear. Sounds like Blackout needs a 2.0 rule set something awful!
-mof

Still amazed that blackout doesn't start a 2 ball MB

#70 7 years ago
Quoted from Lysurgeon:

Do you roll your game often set to 5-ball?

Didn't used too but now that my right flipper can make the orbit shot I can flip the score much easier. I have the game set to earn a free ball at 560,000 and 760,000, but I am going to remove those now that the orbit is obtainable.

#71 7 years ago

Nice to join the club! I picked up my Blackout from Cheddar a few weeks ago and couldn't be happier. Blackout is my second pinball machine, but first functional machine. Playing this game and many sys 6-11 in league have helped me appreciate pre-dmd games so much.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

#72 7 years ago
Quoted from NeoDarkHaven:

Nice to join the club! I picked up my Blackout from Cheddar a few weeks ago and couldn't be happier. Blackout is my second pinball machine, but first functional machine. Playing this game and many sys 6-11 in league have helped me appreciate pre-dmd games so much.

I'd like to add that NeoDarkHaven is a great guy to hang out with and a joy to sell a pinball to. Good competitor at league too. Playoffs this week are going to be challenging

#73 7 years ago

On my Blackout the 1, 2, 3, and 4 in the circles at the bottom right corner of the backglass do not work (and yes I changed the bulbs). What are these numbers for and what connector on which board powers them? Thanks.

#74 7 years ago

ask if you need the full schematic

Screen Shot 2016-09-14 at 8.33.23 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2016-09-14 at 8.33.23 PM (resized).png

#75 7 years ago

I have a pdf the BO operators manual which has the lamp and switch matrix's listed as well as the menus. Is there a pdf of the BO shematics/manual? I have been using the Firepower schematics to trouble shoot (which works).

#76 7 years ago

yes there is .. I have pm you a link..

i have also submitted it to ipdb

anyone else who wants it just ask

#77 7 years ago

Awesome! Thanks so much for the info.

#78 7 years ago
Quoted from wiredoug:

I'd like it, please

#79 7 years ago
Quoted from wiredoug:

I also would like that link too if you don't mind
and thank you !

#80 7 years ago
Quoted from nicknack66:

On my Blackout the 1, 2, 3, and 4 in the circles at the bottom right corner of the backglass do not work (and yes I changed the bulbs). What are these numbers for and what connector on which board powers them? Thanks.

The lights show if it is a 1,2,3 or 4 player game. Is the 20 light in the center of the bonus circle working? I would guess either a break in the ground wire leading into the player 1-4 lights, or a faulty transistor on the lamp driver. I do not have the schematic to narrow down which transistor, nor am I an expert at troubleshooting, just a couple ideas.

I recall that my 20 lamp base was grounding on the bonus light assembly underneath the playfield. I had numerous lights all over the place either not working correctly or not at all, until I put electrical tape around that lamp base and it fixed all those lamp issues.

Good Luck !!

#81 7 years ago

Does anyone have a Blackout playfield they would like to sell. Mine has the yellow middle part gone. I don't mind if it's a little rough.

#82 7 years ago
Quoted from wiredoug:

Thanks a lot wiredoug. The Firepower schematics/manual is close but it is nice to have the exact reference materials.

1 week later
#83 7 years ago

Could someone please post a pic of the right flipper EOS and lane change switch? I need to see which wires go where and how the diode is connected. Thanks!

#84 7 years ago

Thanks Swillie - I think you may be on to something! Yes, my 20 light does not work either. Everything else works, but the 20 and the 1,2,3,4 at the bottom of the backglass. I didn't realize there was a connection. I actually gave up on my 20 light not working since it wasn't critical to game play. Now I am going to trouble-shoot further. Maybe I'll be able to get all the lights on my game working.

#85 7 years ago
Quoted from mab487:

Could someone please post a pic of the right flipper EOS and lane change switch? I need to see which wires go where and how the diode is connected. Thanks!

This is what I'm looking for
IMG_0246 (resized).JPGIMG_0246 (resized).JPG

#86 7 years ago

I'll post a photo of my right flipper EOS switch, etc., either later tonight or tomorrow morning (depending on when I get back home and can take one).

#87 7 years ago

Here's how mine is set up. I hope it helps. I can take some other photos later if you need them.

#88 7 years ago

Here is mine too for reference...

20160924_184648 (resized).jpg20160924_184648 (resized).jpg

#89 7 years ago

And some images from my game as well...

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

1 week later
#90 7 years ago

Gents
Any club members thinking of selling their Blackout? I'm interested if in or near PA.

Kris

#91 7 years ago
Quoted from mab487:

Be very careful with the EOS/lane change switch assy. Always work on it with power off. You don't want anything shorting together.
EOS has high voltage on it, lane change is on the switch matrix.

1 week later
#92 7 years ago
Quoted from Budman:

Gents
Any club members thinking of selling their Blackout? I'm interested if in or near PA.
Kris

Don't know if you're still looking, but this one popped up on Craigslist:

york.craigslist.org link

It looks exactly like one I played at the White Rose Gameroom Show in York just a few weeks ago. The flaking on the bottom of the backglass is admittedly awful, but the rest of the table worked well at the time.

Attached is a photo I took of the one at White Rose.

blackout-whiterose (resized).jpgblackout-whiterose (resized).jpg

#93 7 years ago

I traded a partial restore on a Blackout in exchange for electrical work on the pool in my new house. Had been sitting in a basement not working for years. He didn't want all the wear fixed because he thought it added character, and that was fine with me. :Dl Still did a lot of artwork and had to replace all the triangle inserts because they were warped and sticking out of the top of the playfield. Now it has a beautiful clear coated playfield with some character.

I rebuilt the boards and when I was finished, I played my "break in" games. I really enjoyed the game and if I was looking for a system 6 game, it would be at the top of the list.
IMG_0430 (resized).JPGIMG_0430 (resized).JPG

#94 7 years ago

Interesting! The baffles for the lights in the backbox are very specifically shaped in the photo you posted. In mine, they're much less matched to the backglass, which drives me a little crazy sometimes. I don't have any good photos handy, but here is one I took while cleaning that shows some of the 1/2/3/4 player baffles. In the one you worked on, they're the same circle shape as the indicator on the glass. On mine, it's just a series of squares that end up bleeding light into the next player number.

14715683_10157607027015430_6888972535047104575_o (resized).jpg14715683_10157607027015430_6888972535047104575_o (resized).jpg

Did you create those baffles or were they already in there?

#95 7 years ago

That was how the game arrived to me. It looks original as far as age and design. Yours almost look like an aftermarket addition. I am wondering if the original wood came off the backbox and those were added back. I have seen similar plastic pieces like that for sale.

Of course production could have changed during the run.

#96 7 years ago
Quoted from Lonzo:

That was how the game arrived to me. It looks original as far as age and design. Yours almost look like an aftermarket addition. I am wondering if the original wood came off the backbox and those were added back. I have seen similar plastic pieces like that for sale.

Well, I'm now entranced with the better implementation. Guess it's time to finally learn that newfangled 3D printing everybody's excited about.

Oh sure, it'd be a lot easier to drill and cut a wood piece, but where's the fun in that?

#97 7 years ago
Quoted from SinistarX:

Interesting! The baffles for the lights in the backbox are very specifically shaped in the photo you posted. In mine, they're much less matched to the backglass, which drives me a little crazy sometimes. I don't have any good photos handy, but here is one I took while cleaning that shows some of the 1/2/3/4 player baffles. In the one you worked on, they're the same circle shape as the indicator on the glass. On mine, it's just a series of squares that end up bleeding light into the next player number.

Did you create those baffles or were they already in there?

Mine looks just like yours SinistarX, the other baffles are square plastic as well.

#98 7 years ago
Quoted from slgerber:

Mine looks just like yours SinistarX, the other baffles are square plastic as well.

The one I worked on was square too, iirc. Maybe the rounded one is a sample?

#99 7 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

The one I worked on was square too, iirc. Maybe the rounded one is a sample?

What's interesting is that I spent the day at Pinhead Amusements in Bedford, PA on Saturday and they had a Xenon with the backbox open. I saw a woodcut baffle around some of the lights in there that was similar in style to what Lonzo showed.

#100 7 years ago
Quoted from SinistarX:

What's interesting is that I spent the day at Pinhead Amusements in Bedford, PA on Saturday and they had a Xenon with the backbox open. I saw a woodcut baffle around some of the lights in there that was similar in style to what Lonzo showed.

That's the way all EMs are, and most older SS. They switched to plastic, and then to nothing at all, as time went on

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 42.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Berkeley Springs, WV
$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

Machine - For Sale
Shepherdsville, KY
Tools
Pincoder Store

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

2,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Chicago, IL
$ 20.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 1,010 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 21.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/blackout-club-fans-welcome/page/2?hl=neodarkhaven and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.