Topic Stats

• 589 posts
  • 90 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by trk12fire
  • Topic is favorited by 60 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 134 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

KIMG0044 (resized).JPG
NICE BLACKOUT LED (resized).jpg
IMG_20191124_210459 (resized).jpg
IMG_20191124_210447 (resized).jpg
IMG_3975 (resized).jpg
IMG_3976 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20191117-094209_Google (resized).jpg
9882 (resized).jpeg
9880 (resized).jpeg
9885 (resized).jpeg
detail-1 (resized).jpg
detail (resized).jpg
Insert_strings_2 (resized).jpg
Insert_strings_3 (resized).jpg
Insert_strings_1 (resized).jpg
Brug_Bord_en_zekeringen (resized).jpg

There are 589 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 12.
#551 80 days ago
Quoted from ss-pinball:

I know the real answer is "whatever I like" but...what color lighted flipper buttons?
Also wondering if anyone has a more modern looking lighted credit button on their Blackout...if so, do you have a link?

I purchased blue lighted flipper buttons, but I haven't installed them yet.
You can probably create a light for your credit button using the Comet pinball website.

#552 80 days ago
Quoted from trk12fire:

I purchased blue lighted flipper buttons, but I haven't installed them yet.
You can probably create a light for your credit button using the Comet pinball website.

I wanted Yellow flipper buttons but am going with green, I think.

Last year someone had a black Friday special for lighted flipper buttons but I don't see anything about that this year

Maybe a color changer for the credit button...

#553 80 days ago

Post #503 shows a video of blue flipper buttons

#554 80 days ago
Quoted from ss-pinball:

I know the real answer is "whatever I like" but...what color lighted flipper buttons?
Also wondering if anyone has a more modern looking lighted credit button on their Blackout...if so, do you have a link?

I put lighted flipper buttons on mine, looks cool.
I went with red and I think it looks good (IMO), and seamless with the rest of the cabinet colors and overall lighting.

#555 80 days ago
Quoted from ChipScott:

I put lighted flipper buttons on mine, looks cool.
I went with red and I think it looks good (IMO), and seamless with the rest of the cabinet colors and overall lighting.

My original thought was yellow flipper buttons...but of course I didn't see a kit for them...I think your red ones would look great too.

post #503 has a blue cop-like gumball on top....what does everyone use for toppers?

I just bought my chop saw stand for a rotisserie (based on the Canadian Arcade video)...final components (the 360 plates) for that will arrive Saturday, at which point I need replace some inserts, do some playfield touchup and then deal with a couple or wires that seem to be snipped in multiple places in the harnesses.

1 week later
#556 71 days ago
Quoted from Schwaggs:

Did you get your sling fixed? There are 2 sets of switches on the slings. The one under the playfield with the diode attached only controls scoring, not triggering, so ignore it for now.
The 2 switches that stick through the playfield are what actually triggers the coil to fire. They should be wired in parallel. Carefully inspect these switch stacks for leafs that may be shorted together. Check the capacitor to see if it failed closed. Use your meter on resistance (ohms), game OFF, and measure the resistance between the contact points of the switches to make sure it isn't shorted.

I found the sling issue; the mosfet and resistor on my rottendog board are spent. When I stripped the playfied I found that one of the switches for the slingshot was physically stuck on, and it must of blown the transistor in the original board, and then the mosfet in the new board. Parts on order...

I am having issues with the drop Target banks scoring and resetting without hits. It seems to happen intermittently, but it gets worse the longer the game is on. I thought it might have been related to the sling issue, but the drop s aren't special solonoids and are on a different connector and IC

#557 71 days ago

Need to open up some space?
Need to raise some cash this
season for a new machine?
Anybody looking to move their Blackout and not too far from the Twin Cities please pm me. Looking to join the club.
Thanks!

#558 70 days ago
Quoted from MrExtrm:

I found the sling issue; the mosfet and resistor on my rottendog board are spent. When I stripped the playfied I found that one of the switches for the slingshot was physically stuck on, and it must of blown the transistor in the original board, and then the mosfet in the new board. Parts on order...
I am having issues with the drop Target banks scoring and resetting without hits. It seems to happen intermittently, but it gets worse the longer the game is on. I thought it might have been related to the sling issue, but the drop s aren't special solonoids and are on a different connector and IC

Glad you found the problem. Typically, a shorted trigger switch will not cause the driver to fail. Typically the coil will burn before the driver transistor fails. You might want to measure the resistance of that coil to make sure it is in spec, check that the coil diode has not failed shorted and make sure the wires are soldered on the coil in the proper orientation so that the striped side of the diode is towards power. A failed or reversed diode can draw so much power that the driver transistor fails.

2 weeks later
#559 50 days ago

My playfield is on my rotisserie...I've tracked down a few things.
Getting ready to replace the 2x, 3x, etc inserts at the bottom of the playfield along with the arrow inserts.

Does anyone have a source for the number stickers in the correct font for those inserts near the flippers?

I've seen those things for other pins but not Blackout.

#560 50 days ago
Quoted from MrExtrm:

Finally got everything back together and in the cabinet.
I'm still having an issue with the right slingshot locking on power up. I removed, tested, cleaned, and re-soldiered both switches so I don't think that's the issue. I will continue my investigation this weekend.
I also started having an issue with the yellow drop targets scoring without a hit. It didnt start for a couple games, but now they are constantly scoring and trying to reset. Any ideas?[quoted image][quoted image]

Hey MrExtrm, I'm really liking how you lit your playfield. Is that a kit or something that you assembled on your own. I'd like to replicate that look on my BO!
Cheers, Steve-o

(pic of MrExtrm's nicely-lit Blackout playfield below)

NICE BLACKOUT LED (resized).jpg
#561 49 days ago

Does anyone have a spare nice lockdown bar that fits Blackout? It is the last piece that I need to really make my game nice.

#562 48 days ago

Does anyone have a link to a restoration album or thread? I'm putting a basketcase Blackout back together right now, and some pics would be very helpful. Thanks!

#563 48 days ago

There's some good pictures here.
https://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=317

Let me know if you need a specific picture and I'll try to help you out.

#564 46 days ago

If anyone wondered what would happen if you pulled a Blackout boardset, hooked it up on a bench, then connected Siegecraft Electronics (@hhaase) Lamp Matrix tester and Solenoid testers:

https://www.siegecraft.us/presta/index.php?id_category=12&controller=category&id_lang=1

#565 41 days ago
Quoted from ThatOneDude:

Does anyone have a link to a restoration album or thread? I'm putting a basketcase Blackout back together right now, and some pics would be very helpful. Thanks!

MOF's is awesome.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/resto-blackout-mof-20180225/page/2#post-4357744

#566 41 days ago

Let's talk insert replacement.

I'm having trouble sourcing clear inserts...I have some jewel inserts and some "starburst" (the "standard" ribbed/ridged ones).

I have since decided to replace all of the inserts...where are you guys getting your clear inserts?
Failing that, what are you using?
Also, (it is tough to distinguish between red and amber for me) I suspect that the triangles/arrows at the top are "amber" and not yellow...not sure if this machine has had inserts replaced before or not. I'm thinking about making them yellow. Are the four circles in the orbit--near the spinner--on the left hand side amber?

#567 41 days ago
Quoted from ss-pinball:

I have since decided to replace all of the inserts...where are you guys getting your clear inserts?

I get all my inserts from pinballlife.com

I'm doing a heavy retheme of a Flash, and I used all clear inserts for that(RGB leds under the hood).

#568 40 days ago

I read every entry on this thread last night (and drained all of the "I just joined the club" posts).

Lots of good info here.

By "clear" I have meant "colored but not textured"--

2 weeks later
#569 21 days ago

Getting ready to reassemble my playfield this week (it was purchased disassembled).

Any suggestions about where to start?

Any pitfalls to avoid during reassembly?

Any links to detailed photos?

#570 21 days ago

Let me know if you need specific photos. I'll be glad to help.

#571 20 days ago
#572 20 days ago

I recently ordered the Blackout plastics protector set from Pinball Life...they seem pretty thick. I ordered a bunch of the PETG washers to protect plastics on another pin and they were too thick to use. This set is thicker than the washers.

Has anyone else used this PBL product?

#573 20 days ago
Quoted from ss-pinball:

Getting ready to reassemble my playfield this week (it was purchased disassembled).
Any suggestions about where to start?
Any pitfalls to avoid during reassembly?
Any links to detailed photos?

This game should be pretty fun to reassemble, I’ve got lots of pics for ya. I took mine apart in early anticipation of the hardtop, which should be coming soon.

Does anyone know if Cliffy makes a no hop in lane guide?

#574 16 days ago

Seriously considering joining this club. I have an opportunity to buy a Blackout, but with no back glass. If I order from Planetary Pinball, it's over $100 to ship by Fedex to Canada. Wondering if anyone near Ottawa Canada has a Blackout back glass they are looking to sell, or have other recommendations to obtain one. Doesn't look like CPR has one. Thanks!

#575 14 days ago

I need some help. Been playing and out of the blue, the upper target bank will no longer reset.

1. Checked for broken wires... none.
2. Cleaned the switch contacts...all switches register... it even gives the "Condition Yellow" speech.
3. Checked for blown fuses... none. Even solenoids in the matrix are still working... eject pit, etc. All other solenoids in games working during gameplay and solenoid test mode except upper target bank.
4. Replaced coil, in case it was bad. No luck... same issue.

Anyone have any thoughts? Advice? Thanks.

#576 14 days ago

After all targets are dropped, try pushing/jiggling each target one at a time. See if they spring back up. If they do, then it means the horseshoe isn't making proper contact with the assembly board. However if this was the case, I believe it wouldn't say system yellow. Not sure

#577 14 days ago

I'd also check the back of the drop target boards on the assembly, under the play field. Make sure none of the wires have a broken solder joint. If you end up removing one of the three boards for repair, be very careful. The screws easily strip the backing brackets.

#578 13 days ago
Quoted from srcdube:

Seriously considering joining this club. I have an opportunity to buy a Blackout, but with no back glass. If I order from Planetary Pinball, it's over $100 to ship by Fedex to Canada. Wondering if anyone near Ottawa Canada has a Blackout back glass they are looking to sell, or have other recommendations to obtain one. Doesn't look like CPR has one. Thanks!

Bump for backglass options in or around ottawa Canada?

#579 13 days ago
Quoted from srcdube:

Bump for backglass options in or around ottawa Canada?

I'm about to Triple Thick on my very crazed Blackout backglass.
Of course, I seem to only be able to find a clear product, not an opaque off-white one...so it has me wondering.

Maybe an advertisement on marketplace would yield something?

#580 12 days ago
Quoted from steve-o:

Hey MrExtrm, I'm really liking how you lit your playfield. Is that a kit or something that you assembled on your own. I'd like to replicate that look on my BO!
Cheers, Steve-o
(pic of MrExtrm's nicely-lit Blackout playfield below)[quoted image]

Thanks Steve-O!! I know there are haters out there that only believe in a soft yellow tint on everything. However, nothing beats scoring a blackout in my pitchblack basement, and the original lighting leaves to many dark spots IMHO.

It was not a kit, more trial and error than anything else. For me; the key to getting a good look in the color targets without washing out the art completely was using Two Headed Flex bulbs from comet. That way i could still mix the whites (cool white btw) in where needed, but get really nice color highlighting each area.

#581 10 days ago

I printed up some new game cards from Coindropper. Lovem!

KIMG0044 (resized).JPG
#582 8 days ago
Quoted from srcdube:

Related... what's a good Blackout machine's value without the backglass? Thoughts?

#583 8 days ago
Quoted from srcdube:

Related... what's a good Blackout machine's value without the backglass? Thoughts?

#584 8 days ago

US, here is canadian funds , would put it at 1,000 -1,200 k , they usually go for around 1600 - 2200 working and complete

#585 7 days ago

I sold my perfect blackout last year for 1100 and was offered one at 1000 last month. I wouldn't put much value in a backglassless blackout. 700 cdn tops. Is yours the one with the center post installed? If so....even less

#586 7 days ago
Quoted from srcdube:

Thanks for the responses. Ad was taken down so not sure if it sold or not. It was a Blackout with a Timewarp backglass. Was thinking of buying it, adding the backglass for $400ish, then flip it for a bit more than I'd invest. Oh well... maybe next time. Thanks again!

#587 7 days ago

I bought my Blackout 6 months ago for 900. It's in great shape and everything was fixable. I really enjoy the game, plus it's fun to puke. IMO the game should be worth much more. I think it's only downfall is there's no multi-ball.

#588 2 days ago

Can someone shoot me a couple pictures of their Blackout. I need to see the flipper coils and flipper switches. I may have put a wire on wrong. Particularly the switch wires. I didn't think it mattered which way the wires were attached since it's a contact/no contact switch. I'm still not sure

#589 2 days ago
Quoted from trk12fire:

Can someone shoot me a couple pictures of their Blackout. I need to see the flipper coils and flipper switches. I may have put a wire on wrong. Particularly the switch wires. I didn't think it mattered which way the wires were attached since it's a contact/no contact switch. I'm still not sure

Never mind, I think I got it.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 14.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
$ 11.00
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
East Aurora, NY
$ 12.00
Cabinet - Other
Siegecraft Electronics
$ 99.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Sales
$ 50.00
Machine - For Sale
Minneapolis, MN
Machine - For Sale
St. Louis, MO
$ 22.00
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
There are 589 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 12.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside