You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0987_3.jpg
IMG_1294.JPG
IMG_1292.JPG
#1 10 years ago

A friend of a friend has a complete Blackout head for sale: backglass, backbox, boards. Haven't seen it, but supposedly it's in very good condition. The rest of the table is long gone. He's asking 275 for it. I don't have a Blackout, but I'm thinking about buying it because:

1) the Blackout backglass has really cool artwork and would look great displayed on my wall

2) I have a Firepower whose backbox has taken its share of knocks, and it would be easier to swap a good one than fix & bondo my existing one when I get around to restenciling the cabinet. If I don't use it for this, I'll use it to display the backglass in my mancave.

3) I'm guessing the boards and score displays, or at least parts of them, should be interchangeable with FP and this may save me some $$ down the road. There are a few spots on my FP solenoid board, some resistors I think, that look pretty fried.

......so, if anyone can help, my questions are these:

a) assuming it's as nice as described, is a Blackout backglass worth the $$, or are they pretty common? Are they usually in decent shape, or rubbed thru around the score displays due to the wiring, like most Firepower backglasses?

b) aside from the rom chips, are the boards swappable between Blackout and Firepower?

Thanks for the help guys.

#2 10 years ago

If the backglass is very good and you need or can sell the boards price is OK. A Blackout with fair condition glass will sell for around $600 for the whole machine. Displays have some value also. Just remember it's tough to sell that kind of stuff without testing it first.

#3 10 years ago

A Blackout Backglass in superior condition (i.e. no paint flaking, no cracks in the art, very minor wear spots) would quickly sell for $200 in my opinion, if not more.

For $275, I think a complete Blackout is an insta-buy. A complete Blackout Head is closer to $175 than $275, imho.

The boards can be sold quickly for $75-$100.
The backglass could be sold quickly for $100-$200 depending if condition is good or better.
The displays could be sold quickly for $50-$100 depending on the condition.

So $275 is not the ideal price if you are looking to part it out as that will leave a very small profit.

Just my 0.02

Marcus

#4 10 years ago

Wasn't looking to profit on it, just didn't want to overpay. I'm most likely going to wind up keeping the backglass and using everything I can on my FP, which is why I need to know how which of the boards are swappable.

#5 10 years ago
Quoted from jibmums:

I need to know which of the boards are swappable.

The entire board & display set is compatible with Firepower.

Per IPDB, Firepower came out in Feb-1980 & Blackout came out in Jun-1980.

If you are going to personally use the components, then $275 seems like a fair deal to me.

Marcus

#6 10 years ago

:party:Everything is interchangeable, grabi it, if not ill take it for that price

#7 10 years ago

If the Blackout isn't in too bad condition, consider shopping/restoring it. Having both a FP and BO would be a compliment to any collection!

Parting out a Blackout would make this Blackout fan cry.

Edit: missed the fact that it's only the head that is available. Oops. Another Blackout RIP, but it can be well served by bringing a Firepower back to life! Consider it an organ donor, one life is lost, but another one can be saved!

#8 10 years ago

I'm interested in the backglass if you get it.

#9 10 years ago

Got a couple of pix of the backglass, unfortunately it's got the typical Williams ink rubbed off from the score display wires, plus a couple of scratches right down the center. Nertz!

IMG_1292.JPGIMG_1292.JPG IMG_1294.JPGIMG_1294.JPG

#10 10 years ago

It is still a very nice backglass.

Marcus

#11 10 years ago

For one of these that's not bad at all.I'm interested in buying it if you get it.

#12 10 years ago

It is still a very nice backglass.
Marcus

Agreed! A Blackout BG in that or better condition is very hard to find. Congrats, and hope you can sell the BG to another Blackout owner who can put it to good use!

My Blackout BG isn't too shabby, though. It has the usual issues, but it's one of the best I've seen! (not including the first Blackout I originally played back in High School.)

IMG_0987_3.jpgIMG_0987_3.jpg

1 month later
#13 10 years ago

Does anyone have a line on a blackout back glass that's for sale that would ship to Iowa? Love this game. Trying to restore mine. Having trouble finding a decent BG. Mines flaking off pretty bad

#14 10 years ago

Stu....Stu.....Stu....Stu.... Come on everybody!

5 months later
#15 10 years ago

Give me a call if you still have this. I have a blackout needs a backglass. 702 577 5180 Paul anytime thanks. ASAP if not then thanks.

#16 10 years ago

Or email me [email protected] thanks jibmums

#17 10 years ago

Never wound up buying it, peezyt.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
2,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Chicago, IL
Machine - For Sale
Shepherdsville, KY
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Berkeley Springs, WV
$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

Tools
Pincoder Store

$ 42.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 11.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/blackout-backglass-buy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.