Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

16269880553288711079833874494047 (resized).jpg
DSC01856.jpg
DSC01855.jpg
bb5410c9bbd8145032f14ca7a5201c0dccb64510.jpg

#1 7 years ago

Hi, I moved my Blackout downstairs and like an idiot I plugged in the wrong connectors even though they are colored. Noticed it right away but still must have damaged something, smelled a little funky in the backbox, anyway now it fires up but only the GI comes on and there is a message in the player 1 display that reads 1495 1. Batteries are good and I played it last night she has worked perfect since I bought it, stupid mistake I know but please does anyone know what this message means, can't find it in the manual or anywhere else? Fuses look ok, but I have no idea. Let me know. Thanks

#2 7 years ago

Have you inspected the boards for damaged components or scorch marks?

#3 7 years ago

Check each fuse and potentially replace just to be sure. I have had bad odors from fuses about to blow, usually they glow if the lights are turned off. So while they still tested fine, they were getting hot and causing smell. Also, while visual inspection sometimes is revealing, test each fuse with a DMM.

#4 7 years ago

I will try this now. Thanks

#5 7 years ago

If I recall correctly 1495 is simply a numeric designation that the game is blackout. It's not an error code or anything like that.

#6 7 years ago

If you had the black and white connectors reversed, you did some damage.

It sent 28 volts down the 5 volt rail on all the boards.

That'll wipe out chips on the CPU, driver and sound boards.

#7 7 years ago

Thats what I did. Its fixable though isn't it?

#8 7 years ago

Everything is fixable. I might have some blackout roms laying around if you need them. Blackout is a great game. It was my first pin and I regret selling it.

#9 7 years ago

I thought those numbers just meant that the batteries died and the game lost its memory.

#10 7 years ago

the numbers mean its in audit mode. either the 5101 memory or the battery is gone. settings are lost.

you can flick the power switch on and off with the coin door open and you might get it to boot.

searching "firepower audit mode" will find plenty of threads about it.

#11 7 years ago
Quoted from OHMI_Arcade:

Everything is fixable. I might have some blackout roms laying around if you need them. Blackout is a great game. It was my first pin and I regret selling it.

Thank you very much, highly appreciate the offer and I will let you know, my tech is going to have look next week and he said most likely he will have take all the boards to work on. I have to say as a man who has gone through a lot of pinball machines Blackout is amazing, no multiball, no ramps and couldn't care less, something highly addictive going on with this pin. I did a lot of lighting upgrades and she looks great, high pitch and she plays fast, SFX very cool and being a lover of spinners I can't get enough not to mention the creepy background noise. Blackout mode is great.

bb5410c9bbd8145032f14ca7a5201c0dccb64510.jpg

DSC01855.jpg

DSC01856.jpg

#12 7 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

I have to say as a man who has gone through a lot of pinball machines Blackout is amazing, no multiball, no ramps and couldn't care less, something highly addictive going on with this pin. I did a lot of lighting upgrades and she looks great, high pitch and she plays fast, SFX very cool and being a lover of spinners I can't get enough not to mention the creepy background noise.

I say the exact same thing about my Quicksilver. Nobody gets it but me. I'm glad you have a game that's all dialed in and you can play over and over, and when the game ends you just stand there looking at it in complete amazement.

#13 7 years ago

Quicksilver is amazing, I'm trying to find the classic Stern's right now, Quicksilver, Seawitch, Catacomb etc. coolest SFX in pinball.

5 years later
#14 1 year ago

Playing a Lazurus and raising the dead here.
My blackout did something, worked one day not the next.
Had ROM chip returned but still no go.
Master display has 04 00 showing.

16269880553288711079833874494047 (resized).jpg
#15 1 year ago

open the coin door with the power off. turn the game on, then off, then quickly back on. Should come up in attract mode now. If it does, then your batteries are dead or the 5101 is bad/bad socket.

#16 1 year ago

Did on/off suggestion and now have code 600000 in player 1 display.

#17 1 year ago

Just replaced the batteries

#18 1 year ago

600000 sounds like a hi score to beat. Did you try going into settings while in this state?

#19 1 year ago

Great news.. progress. The game plays but here's the hit, when I first turn on it gives the 1495 1 screen. A quick on and off add credits and it plays fine.

#20 1 year ago
Quoted from FlipperFanatic:

Great news.. progress. The game plays but here's the hit, when I first turn on it gives the 1495 1 screen. A quick on and off add credits and it plays fine.

Batteries weak or dead ?

LTG : )

#21 1 year ago

You mentioned you already changed the batteries. With the machine off, read the voltage at TP7. It should be about 3.9VDC. I've changed batteries before only to find that the battery holder failed. Sounds like this could be your issue.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 129.00
Cabinet Parts
Bob's Pinball Stuff
Tools
Pincoder Store
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
$ 14.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
$ 59.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
$ 11.00
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, become a Pinside+ member!