Topic Stats

• 2 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Quench
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 6 years ago

I put a few LEDs in my BlackHold - some in the BG and a few on the playfield. Everything was working fine prior. Now the game goes into attract mode and I can launch a game but there is no sound and no coils - flippers, slings, pop bumpers, trough ball kicker, etc. All fuses check out fine. The boards are all new within the past couple of years.

At a loss here. I also don't know much about Gotllieb pins.

Update - it was the f4 fuse in the cabinet that blew. I replace the the fuse and all is well until the ball goes to the lower playfield. the lower playfield rollover switch blows the fuse.

Thanks pinsiders.

#2 6 years ago

You didn't happen to change the lamps lighting the lower playfield to LEDs? (i.e. the lamps underneath the upper playfield around the blue see through plexiglass)
Those particular lamps are #313 type and those lamp sockets are not powered by 6.3V but rather 24V. So if you did, one/some of those LEDs have probably fried and shorted which is causing the F4 fuse to blow.
You need 24V LEDs at those locations, or modify the circuit to these lamp holders so they run at 6.3V

www.pinwiki.com/wiki/index.php?title=Black_Hole#Replacing_Black_Hole_Lower_Playfield_Illumination_Lamps_with_.2344_Lamps

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/blackhole-no-coils-no-sound and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.