5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 14 posts
  • 8 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by alexanr1
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 5 years ago

Well made the 2.5 trip to Ohio for the show yesterday, along with a couple buddies.
    Met some pinsiders, which was really cool, putting a face with the handle.
    Mike Pacek, and his sidekick (white pup) were really great. Mike sold my friend an old Ft for a decent price and was really nice offering his dolly etc to lug. Thanks Mike.
    Met Scott Weir and his gorgeous pins. Great job on that T2. Thing was spotless and basically could've been eaten off of.
    Met Dayhuff. Cool fella with some good playfields.
    That WOZ was nice, but upon standing in line to play it around 2 pm, the owner told me he was turning off and packing up. Oh well, 15 mins of waiting in line wasted. Then tried to sell it to me though. Ha. Well maybe if I couldve played it...
    Nice little confession stand, cheap snacks. What else do you want?
    Lots of pins to play and experience and maybe buy. Decent prices on most, except a few. A toasted taxi for 2k? C'mon.
    Tourney looked cool, but didn't compete. You guys were lucky. Next time.

#2 5 years ago

As for the bathrooms, it is what it is. My buddy used it twice and it wasn't to pee. He's still alive this morning I believe.

Hats off to the organizers.

See you all next year!

#3 5 years ago

Hopefully next year won't be so cold. Any luck with your BSD search?

#4 5 years ago
    Quoted from Blackbeard:

Nice little confession stand, cheap snacks. What else do you want?

Bless me Father for I have Pinned.

#5 5 years ago
    Quoted from PEN:

Bless me Father for I have Pinned.

Genius!

#6 5 years ago
    Quoted from trudert9:

Hopefully next year won't be so cold. Any luck with your BSD search?

Nope. Search goes on!

#7 5 years ago

bummer...good luck with the search! I don't think mine will ever leave. Such a simple, but brutal game.

#8 5 years ago

I had fun playing about 8 hours on the Friday. Nice selection, although it seemed a lot of games were conked. Only complaints were the dismal vid selection and the horrific bathrooms. Overall a good time...I think I need a Baywatch.

#9 5 years ago

Agree on the bathrooms. The men's on Saturday had an half an inch of water on the entire floor.

#10 5 years ago

I was kind of scared to eat there, due to the condition of the bathrooms, and the looks of that popcorn machine.

You can tell A LOT about a place by its bathroom. If the place is too lazy/cheap to keep the restrooms neat and tidy, imagine what it looks like where you can't see, such as in the coolers, or inside the fountain drink machines?

And the popcorn machine had enough grease on it to lube all the cars waiting at the oil change place down the street.

Needless to say, we didn't eat there and chose to leave the show, drive a few miles to eat, and come back.

Other than that, it was a nice show. I was really hoping for more used parts being available, and at better prices.

#11 5 years ago

Blackbeard...sorry I missed you...we went on Friday. I don't suppose you brought your (my?) Congo to sell did you?? Ha! I know the answer to that one. We enjoyed the show a lot too. As stated earlier, players seemed to be more courteous than the Chicago show when it came to allowing others play games....in Chicago you can wait and wait and wait and unless you're a jerk about it a monopolized machine stays exactly that way.

Enjoy the Congo...I'm enjoying the FH...

Hogey

#12 5 years ago
    Quoted from Hogey:

Blackbeard...sorry I missed you...we went on Friday. I don't suppose you brought your (my?) Congo to sell did you?? Ha! I know the answer to that one. We enjoyed the show a lot too. As stated earlier, players seemed to be more courteous than the Chicago show when it came to allowing others play games....in Chicago you can wait and wait and wait and unless you're a jerk about it a monopolized machine stays exactly that way.
    Enjoy the Congo...I'm enjoying the FH...
    Hogey

Hey Hogey. I kept my eye out for ya! Fun show.

Congo is never leaving! It's one my lady actually likes to play.

#13 5 years ago
    Quoted from alexanr1:

The men's on Saturday had an half an inch of water on the entire floor.

As long as it was water, I'm good with that.

#14 5 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

As long as it was water, I'm good with that.

Assumed it was water . I didn't go in after I opened the door and saw the pond. I do appreciate the folks that put the show on. The facilities are rented and I am sure they are looking for a cheap location. If I were running it, I would use it as leverage before booking next year.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 149.00
    $ 29.95
    Playfield - Protection
    Little Shop Of Games
    $ 35.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    $ 229.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 49.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 79.99
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Great American Pinball
    $ 26.95
    $ 12,500.00
    Pinball Machine
    Great American Pinball
    $ 15.00
    $ 30.00
    Playfield - Other
    Pin Monk
    $ 89.00
    Cabinet Parts
    Pappy's Pinball Palace
    $ 180.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Pinball Customs
    $ 117.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 199.99
    Lighting - Led
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    £ 49.00
    Lighting - Led
    PinballToys
    $ 48.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 999.00
    Pinball Machine
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 40.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    Playfield - Decals
    Flashinstinct
    $ 15.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Metal-Mods
    Lighting - Under Cabinet
    Rock Custom Pinball
    $ 99.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 45.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside