Topic Stats

• 24 posts
  • 16 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by ledge
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 9 years ago

just wondered if the black spiderman is worth the extra dinero over the standard.
thanks.

#2 9 years ago

probably the least value bump LE there is.

#3 9 years ago

Mirrored backglass, black cabinet, chrome armor and limited edition plack. That's it.

#4 9 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Mirrored backglass, black cabinet, chrome armor and limited edition plack. That's it.

But each of those is worth an extra ~$750 each, right?

#5 9 years ago

thanks. no other extra goodies/toys on the playfield? not that that would swing the decision of course

#6 9 years ago

Playfield is identical to a normal red SM. BSM is a giant waste of money imo.

#7 9 years ago
Quoted from BC_Gambit:

But each of those is worth an extra ~$750 each, right?

All I can tell you is, it was a $500 upgrade NIB over the red games. That was in 2007.

#9 9 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

All I can tell you is, it was a $500 upgrade NIB over the red games. That was in 2007.

Trust me, I remember

Pffft.... Fully featured NIB games for ~$3500 is so.... 2007

#10 9 years ago
Quoted from ledge:

just wondered if the black spiderman is worth the extra dinero over the standard.

And then what happened?

#11 9 years ago

Unless you also view your machines as collectors' pieces or enjoy them on display (in addition to frequent playing I hope) go for a CQ HUO Red, already with the great mods (including a shaker so now gameplay is identical to the black) for around $5500. With that being said.. I had a BSM, like an idiot sold it three months ago, really regretted it, and just bought a BSM back. They come up once in a while in the $7-$8K range (always available at a higher price). If you enjoy the bling of the chrome and backglass being glass vs. a translite than for $2K more I think it's worth it, but only if you value that stuff.

#12 9 years ago

I just bought the glass and put it on my red,best of both I think.
Mine is for sale as well

#13 9 years ago
Quoted from pingod:

I just bought the glass and put it on my red,best of both I think.
Mine is for sale as well

Just curious, where did you find the glass? Stern only made ten extras I believe and no one reproduces mirrored back glasses sadly (that I have found anyway).

Sorry to go off topic. To OP I would say the anser is no. BSM is a collector piece only, if you are collecting then perhaps it is to you.

#14 9 years ago

Some people just prefer black.

#15 9 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Just curious, where did you find the glass? Stern only made ten extras I believe and no one reproduces mirrored back glasses sadly (that I have found anyway).
Sorry to go off topic.

Don't know where Pingod purchased his, but 3 of them sold last year, 2 on eBay, for $225, $260, and $245.

#16 9 years ago

Unless you're a collector like me, go for the red.

Only collectors get the LE black version.

#17 9 years ago
Quoted from Multiball1:

Don't know where OP purchased his, but 3 of them sold last year, 2 on eBay, for $225, $260, and $245.

Well, there you go OP. Just get the glass.

#18 9 years ago

I wish I only paid that,you won't get one for that anymore.
The glass does make it look better than every other red one
Plus I have it next to AC/DC Bible,and Metle with mirrored glass as well.
Looks good

#19 9 years ago

For me, I could care less about "the glass", on any pin, but then the WPT translite doesn't bother me!

Unless you are just in collector mode it's RED all the way, and btw, to me, when you factor in everything a pin can offer, it's possibly the best pin eva for my $$$.

#20 9 years ago

What does worth mean? Every individual values things differently, for me, I am a pinball player, but I am also a collector that likes the best of everything. I like to show off my machines they are like an art piece that is really cool to play, best of both worlds here!!!

So IMO the Black SM is worth the premium and the only one I would personally purchase if I was interested in this title.

For many others who do not value this they will have the same playing machine for much less, and IMO probably a lot smarter than I am lol...

#21 9 years ago

Used to have a HUO black, sold it, purchased a HUO red and still had $4000 left over. I like the black backglass as well, but it's just too much $ difference between 2 versions that play exactly the same.

#22 9 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

probably the least value bump LE there is.

Up until Stern started doing the pro/prem/le stuff and adding to, or leaving off, (depending on your perspective) playfield mecs, the LE or alternate versions of games were just cosmetic. Also the draw of these were the limited production run or 'rarity' of the particular version.

Eight Ball Deluxe vs Eight Ball Deluxe LE
Fire! vs Fire! Champagne
Centaur vs Centaur II
Addams vs Addams Gold (there was a software update and different fliptronics)
Monopoly vs Monopoly Platinum
LOTR vs LOTR LE
Spider-man vs Spider-man Black
Many others I'm sure...

#23 9 years ago
Quoted from schudel5:

Eight Ball Deluxe vs Eight Ball Deluxe LE
Centaur vs Centaur II

Eight Ball Deluxe LE and Centaur II actually have the "high tech" condensed display half-backglass red numeral thing (no idea what it's actually called), which a lot of people think is ugly and ended up making them cheaper than the standard version. I guess it's still just cosmetic, but a pretty significant physical modification to the machine.

#24 9 years ago

yeah, red sounds good for me.. ... i can put the money saved into another pin which would go into space i dont have

: P

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Little River, SC
$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 25.50
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 25.95
Machine - For Sale
Lombard, IL
Machine - For Sale
Rockford, IL
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/black-spiderman-over-standard and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.