Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 193 posts
  • 49 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by CrazyLevi
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

5513C726-21C8-466C-AC9E-4994F668D593 (resized).png
    584500ec61923c1e8bc7fe2d278cf1b7dff40eb6 (resized).jpg
    20220220_185009 (resized).jpg
    04D202BD-6C63-46B4-9959-91D9CD1A2966 (resized).jpeg
    00DCFBF1-7EAC-45CA-83FF-2DFCDC28CBAB (resized).jpeg
    20220205_141536 (resized).jpg
    8C761D0D-B62C-4806-AEB8-F2D6F848EE78 (resized).jpeg
    Sabbath 89 (resized).jpeg
    tony.gif
    22249006-B19F-414D-B825-80330871C168 (resized).jpeg
    6EBF3D61-7739-4747-BA0D-B4CD3350A331 (resized).jpeg
    7BF3DF42-F00B-4B54-AD2F-1571E69FE222 (resized).jpeg
    71F19E26-ECDC-4BE9-95A8-52BC698489BB (resized).jpeg
    60702A7F-0C95-452B-BEED-8DD75E3A11A5 (resized).jpeg
    MV5BZThhMjk5MzAtYTkxNS00OTZlLWJkOTYtYjA1ZTNlZWVmNjI4XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMjUyNDk2ODc@._V1_ (resized).jpg
    BlackSabbathHomeOfMetalLAExhibit2018 (1) (resized).jpg
    There are 193 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 4.
    #51 3 years ago

100% in on sabbath. I think the imagery and music style should lend itself to pinball even better than Lz.

Stern let’s get this done while we still have Ozzy around.

#52 3 years ago

Haha, I respect mr Rollins, and saw Black Flag 3 times, but had no idea of his respect for Sabbath.
    1 more multiball idea - Electric Funeral, where player is shocked thru flipper buttons once single ball remaining.
    Call me, Gary

#53 3 years ago

I’d be in on some Sabbath!! Screw Ozzy’s solo career, like someone said, his solo stuff doesn’t age as well and the art or theme is not really there. Black Sabbath tho, perfect for pinball. Give me some trippy wizardry and fantasy modes with kick ass music and mulitiballs. Could be epic. Stern stay away. I think Spooky would be a great company to pull this off.

#54 3 years ago

After Forever multiball - flipper power dies when holding for more than 5 seconds..

#55 3 years ago

Their often overlooked masterpiece...so much material from this album alone that would be perfect for pinball!

18A4DF4F-CCE7-4467-9D69-403676E6BECE (resized).jpeg18A4DF4F-CCE7-4467-9D69-403676E6BECE (resized).jpeg
    #56 3 years ago

Yeah, but look at the footwear.
    Hah
    No way, man..
    JK. Sabbath Bloody Sabbath was the ONLY reason to spend the beer $ on that. They had fallen apart, and we knew.

#57 3 years ago
    Quoted from Jjsmooth:

Yeah, but look at the footwear.
    Hah
    No way, man..
    JK. Sabbath Bloody Sabbath was the ONLY reason to spend the beer $ on that. They had fallen apart, and we knew.

Sabbath Bloody Sabbath wasn’t on Sabotage.

#58 3 years ago
    Quoted from wrb1977:

Their often overlooked masterpiece...so much material from this album alone that would be perfect for pinball![quoted image]

They wrote that album under a lot of stress, mostly due to conflicts with management. The end result is the aggressive sound of Sabotage. In addition, this was the first tour where Ozzy wasn't singing as well as he had previously. You can hear it on the August 5th recording in Asbury Park in 1975. 'Megalomania' was really hard for him to sing live.

#59 3 years ago
    Quoted from sunnRAT:

They wrote that album under a lot of stress, mostly due to conflicts with management. The end result is the aggressive sound of Sabotage. In addition, this was the first tour where Ozzy wasn't singing as well as he had previously. You can hear it on the August 5th recording in Asbury Park in 1975. 'Megalomania' was really hard for him to sing live.

Yes...adversity has produced so many fantastic albums throughout history. Megalomania...one of my absolute favorites!

#60 3 years ago

Yes, Yes Let the BLACK SABBATH pinball fantasies grow. It would be the ultimate pinball creation.

BlackSabbathHomeOfMetalLAExhibit2018 (1) (resized).jpgBlackSabbathHomeOfMetalLAExhibit2018 (1) (resized).jpgMV5BZThhMjk5MzAtYTkxNS00OTZlLWJkOTYtYjA1ZTNlZWVmNjI4XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMjUyNDk2ODc@._V1_ (resized).jpgMV5BZThhMjk5MzAtYTkxNS00OTZlLWJkOTYtYjA1ZTNlZWVmNjI4XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMjUyNDk2ODc@._V1_ (resized).jpg
    #61 3 years ago

I disagree with some. I only want Stern to do this. Iron Maiden is epic.

#63 3 years ago
    Quoted from sunnRAT:

By “stress” do you mean cocaine? I would absolutely buy a Sabbath pin and possibly be an LE buyer sight unseen. They are one of the few bands from my youth that I still listen to and their albums have only improved with age. Dropping the needle on side one of their 1st album (artist: Black Sabbath-album:Black Sabbath-song:Black Sabbath)with the rain and bell chiming still gives me the chills. Spooky? Stern?

#64 3 years ago
    Quoted from Chisox:

By “stress” do you mean cocaine? I would absolutely buy a Sabbath pin and possibly be an LE buyer sight unseen. They are one of the few bands from my youth that I still listen to and their albums have only improved with age. Dropping the needle on side one of their 1st album (artist: Black Sabbath-album:Black Sabbath-song:Black Sabbath)with the rain and bell chiming still gives me the chills. Spooky? Stern?

That's a scary ass song.

#65 3 years ago
    Quoted from Jjsmooth:

YES! But first 4 albums only.
    ONLY.
    Master of Reality wiz mode
    So many multiball mode ideas are so easy, game would design itself

First 6. If it’s only the first 4 you leave out Sabbath Bloody Sabbath! Hello!

And Sabotage has Symptom of the Universe which is basically the invention of metal. So yeah, first 6. I had this argument with Henry Rollins, and even he conceded.

#66 3 years ago
    Quoted from Da-Shaker:

I disagree with some. I only want Stern to do this. Iron Maiden is epic.

I agree with ... none of this. Even though I LOVE Maiden the band, and IMDN the pinball machine is unstoppable - the worst part of that game is the music. jjp please. Or even Spooky!!’

#67 3 years ago

Come on Stern...I recorded this...FOR YOU!

Let’s do it!

#69 3 years ago
    Quoted from Chisox:

By “stress” do you mean cocaine?

That would apply a little more to 'Vol. 4'

#70 3 years ago
    Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

I agree with ... none of this. Even though I LOVE Maiden the band, and IMDN the pinball machine is unstoppable - the worst part of that game is the music. jjp please. Or even Spooky!!’

Devote yourself to 1 and they will respond. Otherwise your spread thin.
    Stern has made amazing fast shooters that keep you zoned in and the majority of their codes have been outstanding. Don't follow the bullshit.

#71 3 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Come on Stern...I recorded this...FOR YOU!
    Let’s do it!

Love it! These never fail to deliver and the lighting and smoke machine just put it over the top. Well done. Beautiful SG too.

#72 3 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Hey just so you know the last couple times I saw ozzy in an arena the place was half full. The last couple times I saw sabbath the places were packed to the gills!!!
    I think these days, sabbath really is the biggest draw whether you are talking tours or pinball machines!!!

Me and my sons saw Sabbath the last two tours in Vegas. They were fantastic.We were on the floor both times.Loved and knew every song and were actually hoarse after the concerts from singing along.I didn’t think I saw anyone sit down during both shows.I couldn’t believe how great they sounded.Way better than when I saw them in 1976.What a great time we had.

#73 3 years ago
    Quoted from Da-Shaker:

That's a scary ass song.

It was an A-bomb dropped right on the heads of the hippy-dippy peacenik crowd, the OPPOSITE end of the psychedelic spectrum!

No better way to not only kick-off a debut album and career, but also an entire musical genre than for Ozzy to enter the ring screaming like a madman about confronting Satan, set against the backdrop of Tony & Geezer’s diminished-fifth (called the “Devil’s interval” for good reason!) riffs and Bill’s seismic interpretation of Jazz drumming!

#74 3 years ago

It will and must be made says Lemmy of Motorhead from the grave.

#75 3 years ago
    Quoted from Thermionic:

It was an A-bomb dropped right on the heads of the hippy-dippy peacenik crowd, the OPPOSITE end of the psychedelic spectrum!
    No better way to not only kick-off a debut album and career, but also an entire musical genre than for Ozzy to enter the ring screaming like a madman about confronting Satan, set against the backdrop of Tony & Geezer’s diminished-fifth (called the “Devil’s interval” for good reason!) riffs and Bill’s seismic interpretation of Jazz drumming!

Black Sabbath is one of my absolute favorite bands, I saw the original lineup live in 1999, and their importance as pioneers in the sound of metal is undeniable! So please keep in mind I mean no disrespect with the following...

The band Coven was FIRST and predates Sabbath when it comes to music dealing with the occult, black magic, Satanism, and the Left-Hand Path. Coven’s debut album, Witchcraft Destroys Minds & Reaps Souls was released in June of 1969 and their shows began in late 1967. There are some strange coincidences between Coven and Black Sabbath.

The first track on Coven’s debut “Witchcraft” album was “Black Sabbath”. The bass players name in Coven is Oz Osborne...weird! Earth changed their band name to Black Sabbath two months after Coven’s album was released. Black Sabbath claims they got their name from the Mario Bava film of the same name...makes you wonder though??? In a classic MTV interview from 1986, Martha Quinn interviews Tony Iommi and pulls out the “Witchcraft” album basically calling Iommi out. He claims to have never heard of them even though they played shows together in 1970 and just says “we were first”.

The sign of the horns, which Ronnie James Dio is usually credited with starting, is also historically inaccurate. Jinx Dawson, the singer in Coven, was throwing up the horns as early as 1967! Coven was the real deal as they were actually practicing witchcraft and black magic, this was not “shock” rock or a gimmick. The “Witchcraft” album even ends with a 13 minute “Satanic Mass”, supposedly the first ever recorded. The first appearance of inverted crosses appeared on this album. Their live shows included a roadie hung on a cross that inverted as a finale...imagine seeing that today let alone in the late 60s! The “Witchcraft” album also included a Black Mass poster with Jinx laying nude on an altar. The album was extreme and coupled with the Manson murders of the time was soon kept behind the counters in record stores.

The music is not as heavy as Sabbath but it is damn good and Jinx’s vocal performance is absolutely brilliant. She has so many different tones and textures, and can sing beautifully or really belt it out with some rasp. Not to mention she is gorgeous! “Wicked Woman” is probably the highlight of the album but there are many other fantastic songs including “For Unlawful Carnal Knowledge” (F.U.C.K.)! Coven was way ahead of their time and one journalist wrote early on that Black Sabbath was England’s answer to America’s Coven.

Coven finally started getting the credit they deserve in 2019 with the 50th anniversary of the “Witchcraft” album. Jinx Dawson was still performing as Coven in 2019. She is quite the interesting person. Jinx even signed the certificate of authenticity for each of the 50th anniversary box sets in her own blood!

If you have never heard the “Witchcraft” album it is definitely worth a listen. The lyrics are intense, disturbing, and downright scary at times. In 1969 this album would have been the first “A-bomb” that was dropped on the music industry and started a new genre. Jinx Dawson started it all and describes the “Witchcraft” album as a scholarly work.

Musically Black Sabbath started the heavy metal sound as we know it today but when it came to subject matter the genre was started by Coven. Coven definitely had an edge and a “heaviness” to them, but not to the level that Black Sabbath popularized. Just giving credit where credit is due. Thanks for reading...sorry it was so long and I was not trying to derail the thread...just felt it was relevant and that some of you Sabbath fans that have not heard of Coven may enjoy their music!

We NEED a Sabbath pin!!!
    60702A7F-0C95-452B-BEED-8DD75E3A11A5 (resized).jpeg60702A7F-0C95-452B-BEED-8DD75E3A11A5 (resized).jpeg7BF3DF42-F00B-4B54-AD2F-1571E69FE222 (resized).jpeg7BF3DF42-F00B-4B54-AD2F-1571E69FE222 (resized).jpeg71F19E26-ECDC-4BE9-95A8-52BC698489BB (resized).jpeg71F19E26-ECDC-4BE9-95A8-52BC698489BB (resized).jpeg6EBF3D61-7739-4747-BA0D-B4CD3350A331 (resized).jpeg6EBF3D61-7739-4747-BA0D-B4CD3350A331 (resized).jpeg22249006-B19F-414D-B825-80330871C168 (resized).jpeg22249006-B19F-414D-B825-80330871C168 (resized).jpeg

#76 3 years ago
    Quoted from wrb1977:

Black Sabbath is one of my absolute favorite bands, I saw the original lineup live in 1999, and their importance as pioneers in the sound of metal is undeniable! So please keep in mind I mean no disrespect with the following...
    The band Coven was FIRST and predates Sabbath when it comes to music dealing with the occult, black magic, Satanism, and the Left-Hand Path. Coven’s debut album, Witchcraft Destroys Minds & Reaps Souls was released in June of 1969 and their shows began in late 1967. There are some strange coincidences between Coven and Black Sabbath.
    The first track on Coven’s debut “Witchcraft” album was “Black Sabbath”. The bass players name in Coven is Oz Osborne...weird! Earth changed their band name to Black Sabbath two months after Coven’s album was released. Black Sabbath claims they got their name from the Mario Bava film of the same name...makes you wonder though??? In a classic MTV interview from 1986, Martha Quinn interviews Tony Iommi and pulls out the “Witchcraft” album basically calling Iommi out. He claims to have never heard of them even though they played shows together in 1970 and just says “we were first”.
    The sign of the horns, which Ronnie James Dio is usually credited with starting, is also historically inaccurate. Jinx Dawson, the singer in Coven, was throwing up the horns as early as 1967! Coven was the real deal as they were actually practicing witchcraft and black magic, this was not “shock” rock or a gimmick. The “Witchcraft” album even ends with a 13 minute “Satanic Mass”, supposedly the first ever recorded. The first appearance of inverted crosses appeared on this album. Their live shows included a roadie hung on a cross that inverted as a finale...imagine seeing that today let alone in the late 60s! The “Witchcraft” album also included a Black Mass poster with Jinx laying nude on an alter. The album was extreme and coupled with the Manson murders of the time was soon kept behind the counters in record stores.
    The music is not as heavy as Sabbath but it is damn good and Jinx’s vocal performance is absolutely brilliant. She has so many different tones and textures, and can sing beautifully or really belt it out with some rasp. Not to mention she is gorgeous! “Wicked Woman” is probably the highlight of the album but there are many other fantastic songs including “For Unlawful Carnal Knowledge” (F.U.C.K.)! Coven was way ahead of their time and one journalist wrote early on that Black Sabbath was England’s answer to America’s Coven.
    Coven finally started getting the credit they deserve in 2019 with the 50th anniversary of the “Witchcraft” album. Jinx Dawson was still performing as Coven in 2019. She is quite the interesting person. Jinx even signed the certificate of authenticity for each of the 50th anniversary box sets in her own blood!
    If you have never heard the “Witchcraft” album it is definitely worth a listen. The lyrics are intense, disturbing, and downright scary at times. In 1969 this album would have been the first “A-bomb” that was dropped on the music industry and started a new genre. Jinx Dawson started it all and describes the “Witchcraft” album as a scholarly work.
    Musically Black Sabbath started the heavy metal sound as we know it today but when it came to subject matter the genre was started by Coven. Coven definitely had an edge and a “heaviness” to them, but not to the level that Black Sabbath popularized. Just giving credit where credit is due. Thanks for reading...sorry it was so long and I was not trying to derail the thread...just felt it was relevant and that some of you Sabbath fans that have not heard of Coven may enjoy their music!
    We NEED a Sabbath pin!!! [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I like Coven a lot. But you gotta understand once Sabbath was doing their thing, by the time 'Paranoid' came out, no one gave a shit about Coven. It was ultimately the music that set Sabbath apart from anything else going on at the time. Nobody thought to make music with C standard as the regular tuning. All because Tony needed to relieve his missing fingers! Bands were no longer trying to sound like late 60's psychedelia (which I really love) Rock was getting a little harder and more progressive. Post Vietnam aggression.

I agree though, what is breakthrough about Coven is their image, especially considering the time period it came out. It ultimately scared the shit out of people, with the Manson thing going on at the time. The music is great but it was just more of the same sounds of the time, but with better lyrics.

Added over 3 years ago:

Edit: John Osbourne was known as "Ozzy" since elementary school. He self tattooed his "OZZY" letters in 1964 when he was 16, predating anyone knowing about the bassist of Coven.

#77 3 years ago
    Quoted from sunnRAT:

I like Coven a lot. But you gotta understand once Sabbath was doing their thing, by the time 'Paranoid' came out, no one gave a shit about Coven. It was ultimately the music that set Sabbath apart from anything else going on at the time. Nobody thought to make music with C standard as the regular tuning. All because Tony needed to relieve his missing fingers! Bands were no longer trying to sound like late 60's psychedelia (which I really love) Rock was getting a little harder and more progressive.
    I agree though, what is breakthrough about Coven is their image, especially considering the time period it came out. It ultimately scared the shit out of people, with the Manson thing going on at the time. The music is great but it was just more of the same sounds of the time, but with better lyrics.

I agree with you and understand all that. What Black Sabbath was doing musically had not been done before. However, in my opinion Coven was a stepping stone to the Sabbath sound and was not just more of the same sounds of the psychedelic rock era of the late 60s which I also love! Coven was their own thing, even musically, and have their own place in the history of heavy metal that many ignore or are unaware of and just give all the credit to Sabbath.

#78 3 years ago
    Quoted from wrb1977:

I agree with you and understand all that. What Black Sabbath was doing musically had not been done before. However, in my opinion Coven was a stepping stone to the Sabbath sound and was not just more of the same sounds of the psychedelic rock era of the late 60s which I also love! Coven was their own thing, even musically, and have their own place in the history of heavy metal that many ignore or are unaware of and just give all the credit to Sabbath.

They have a rightful place, no doubt. I dont think many may know about Coven, either. I just think it would hold more weight if Sabbath had gone down the path of sticking to a narrow way of song writing. People often overlook the fact that Geezer was writing lyrics about way more topics than just devils and witches at black masses. They covered a lot of ground in their music and lyrics and it just resonated with many.

As far as credit goes, you have to remember Blue Cheer also.

#79 3 years ago
    Quoted from sunnRAT:

They have a rightful place, no doubt. I dont think many may know about Coven, either. I just think it would hold more weight if Sabbath had gone down the path of sticking to a narrow way of song writing. People often overlook the fact that Geezer was writing lyrics about way more topics than just devils and witches at black masses. They covered a lot of ground in their music and lyrics and it just resonated with many.
    As far as credit goes, you have to remember Blue Cheer also.

The diversity and ground they covered in those 10 years with Ozzy is remarkable.

#80 3 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Hey just so you know the last couple times I saw ozzy in an arena the place was half full. The last couple times I saw sabbath the places were packed to the gills!!!
    I think these days, sabbath really is the biggest draw whether you are talking tours or pinball machines!!!

Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I would definitly pick Sabbath if it was up to me .Reguardless of whichever way it goes it needs to be done for sure .Hopefully the rumors of fall 2021 come true

#81 3 years ago
    Quoted from Kkoss24:

I would definitly pick Sabbath if it was up to me .Reguardless of whichever way it goes it needs to be done for sure .Hopefully the rumors of fall 2021 come true

There are rumors ?

#82 3 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

There are rumors ?

Ozzy said he's done with Sabbath unfortunately - Tony can't really tour much, so it would have to be something REALLY special

#83 3 years ago

If they can't get ozzy to do some hilarious call outs, the call outs must be done in that Iron Man voice.

#84 3 years ago

Thing I loved about Sabbath was how many changes they went through in a lot of there songs, almost like 3 songs inside of one. I credit Tony with that he was definitely the king of riffs

#85 3 years ago

Black Sabbath and pinball go together perfectly. I can't think of a title I would want more. Please Stern, make this happen.

#86 3 years ago

I’m in

#87 3 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

There are rumors ?

Pinside rumors .But still rumors some have came to fruition .Bu the way the Stern call out you did was awsome loved when the smoke came in .

#88 3 years ago
    Quoted from wrb1977:

We NEED a Sabbath pin!!!

I agree and that B/W photo of that beautiful woman is now one of my fav photos ever. Damn.

#89 3 years ago
    Quoted from LordHumungus:

I agree and that B/W photo of that beautiful woman is now one of my fav photos ever. Damn.

Damn is right...glad you like it! That beautiful woman is Jinx Dawson, lead singer of Coven. The photo below the B/W one is a more recent pic of her. She is now 71.

Jinx’s vocals are absolutely fantastic. She should ALWAYS be in the conversation of pioneering female rock vocalists along with greats such as Grace and Janis. Unfortunately, her controversial image and lyrics affected her legacy when it comes to mainstream acceptance and recognition.

#90 3 years ago
    Quoted from wrb1977:

The photo below the B/W one is a more recent pic of her. She is now 71.

Not 71 though?

I've always loved mature women. 40's and maintained. nothing better. well I like young to and chubby, real thin, white and black and oh yeah Asian. Short, tall. Rich poor...............u get the idea.

#91 3 years ago
    Quoted from LordHumungus:

Not 71 though?
    I've always loved mature women. 40's and maintained. nothing better. well I like young to and chubby, real thin, white and black and oh yeah Asian. Short, tall. Rich poor...............u get the idea.

1 month later
    #92 3 years ago

I was in a funk these recent days. Like, real bad.

It is insane (and I dont know how many other people can relate to this) how much of the music of this band is relating to my life, especially in recent years. Many of these songs, and spanning across all line ups no less, are just hitting me on another level. Just today, i'm listening to the Mob Rules album and i'm like holy shit these riffs and words are just on point. It was the highest of highs and I wasn't even getting high yet.

Praise Iommi. Sabbath forever.

Where is this fucking pin?

tony.giftony.gif

1 week later
    #93 3 years ago

I’m locked in on an LE.

#94 3 years ago
    Quoted from sunnRAT:

I was in a funk these recent days. Like, real bad.
    It is insane (and I dont know how many other people can relate to this) how much of the music of this band is relating to my life, especially in recent years. Many of these songs, and spanning across all line ups no less, are just hitting me on another level. Just today, i'm listening to the Mob Rules album and i'm like holy shit these riffs and words are just on point. It was the highest of highs and I wasn't even getting high yet.
    Praise Iommi. Sabbath forever.
    Where is this fucking pin?
    [quoted image]

The Vol 4 Ultimate edition is coming out soon - I just listened to the outtakes, and the live show they played on that tour. A couple of songs from Sabbath Bloody Sabbath appear, with different lyrics, and some unreleased riffs/songs. There are different riffs on the outtakes too! Must get

#95 3 years ago
    Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

The Vol 4 Ultimate edition is coming out soon - I just listened to the outtakes, and the live show they played on that tour. A couple of songs from Sabbath Bloody Sabbath appear, with different lyrics, and some unreleased riffs/songs. There are different riffs on the outtakes too! Must get

You're talking about the Super Deluxe? That thing is superb. I hope they do more editions like that for other albums.

#96 3 years ago
    Quoted from sunnRAT:

You're talking about the Super Deluxe? That thing is superb. I hope they do more editions like that for other albums.

Yes, my mistake -

The Vol 4 one is awesome! The Paranoid one was kinda 'ok', not a lot new, though some.

I just found this phenomenal bootleg site: http://ffvinilo.blogspot.com/2017/12/black-sabbath-outtakes-deluxe-editions.html

I spent all day yesterday going down the rabbit hole to the FIRST album outtakes, etc, and an entire hour of pre-Sabbath Earth and "Mithology" recordings. Mithology was the band Tony was in before joining Tull. Never even heard of them, but it's clearly him!

The Earth stuff is fascinating - it's regular old 12 bar blues stuff, but Ozzy sings melodies on top of them that are absolutely previews of future songs. Pretty amazing

#97 3 years ago

I hear tons of jazz in the early Sabbath records. You can still hear it even in Sabotage.

Every interview they have ever done, they've had to be bored out of their minds because it was always the "first metal band" stuff. (Tony and Geezer have often rejected the metal label and claimed it more as hard rock.) No one ever asks them about their roots in jazz. Bill Ward was always a jazz drummer because he wanted to do what Gene Krupa was doing and you could hear it!

But yeah early pre-Sabbath is great. There is so much to hear in their catalog and so much more than just the hits from Paranoid.

#98 3 years ago

Dammit I just want a purple and black Master of Reality premium with wavy acid crosses etched into the side armor.

IS THAT TOO MUCH TO ASK?!?!

Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

The Earth stuff is fascinating - it's regular old 12 bar blues stuff, but Ozzy sings melodies on top of them that are absolutely previews of future songs. Pretty amazing

Ozzy catches way too much shit because he "didn't write anything." Bullshit! He was a genius at coming up with vocal melodies for the riffs Tony was writing and the lyrics Geezer was producing out of his bong haze. Ward didn't "write" anything either but what would those albums be without his genius drumming?

Sabbath fuckin rules!

#99 3 years ago

Ozzy could really sing in those days. It's a shame his voice just couldn't keep up by the mid 70s. Never again could they play songs from albums 4, 5 and 6.

Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Dammit I just want a purple and black Master of Reality premium with wavy acid crosses etched into the side armor.
    IS THAT TOO MUCH TO ASK?!?!

I'm sure with Stern and the rest of the world coming to realize how awful their manager is, it probably wont happen now. Or atleast for awhile.

#100 3 years ago
    Quoted from sunnRAT:

Ozzy could really sing in those days. It's a shame his voice just couldn't keep up by the mid 70s. Never again could they play songs from albums 4, 5 and 6.

I'm sure with Stern and the rest of the world coming to realize how awful their manager is, it probably wont happen now. Or atleast for awhile.

Deals still get made. I don't think Sharon is Sabbath's manager either, just Ozzy's.

Her stink will never sully Sabbath's brand, they've done a good job keeping that separate from the osbourne reality circus in my opinion.

There are 193 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/black-sabbath-wanted/page/2?hl=largemouthass and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.