• Latest reply 7 years ago by Switch
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

caps_(resized).png
BR_speakers_(resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Switch.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 9 years ago

Not sure where to even start with this one. Game plays great everything runs fine then once it warms up if the game is just sitting there it will develop this rhythmic click coming from the speakers. If you then start the game sound will cut in and out in the same rhythmic fashion. Any ideas?

#4 9 years ago

Crap I had thought that the sound board was recently rebuilt. I will see if I can replace the wear components or ship it off. Thanks guys!

1 year later
#6 7 years ago

Ok resurrecting an old post here but finally getting to work on this issue. I opened the game up today and the sound board part number is A-12738-20013. I Didn't see a cap kit available on Marco for this board and I was wondering if anyone else had one or might I be experiencing a different problem that might need to have some additional testing done. Thanks!

#7 7 years ago

Bump?

#9 7 years ago

Thanks for the reply! I was going to pull the board this weekend and pour into it and see what I can find. I suspect its probably something simple but we will see.

#11 7 years ago

Well, I reflowed the board this weekend with no change. I will have to start hunting down some caps and change those. I haven't tried adjusting the volume to see what that does. It has a stock speaker setup.

#13 7 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

Lowering the vol a lot and testing is an important bit of data. If it is fine with low volume then the amp may must be overheating which can indicate a new amp may be due. It can also indicate that the speakers have become too low resistance. That's the next step before flowing solder or replacing caps.

I will give that a try tonight and see what happens. Thanks for the advice, I appreciate it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 34.95
$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

4,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hackensack, NJ
5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Minneapolis, MN
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

$ 27.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

Machine - For Sale
Marietta, GA
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Switch.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/black-rose-sound-cuts-in-and-out-after-warm-up?tu=Switch and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.