You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

slam_tilt_(resized).jpg

#1 7 years ago

Hi

I need you help please.

My Blackrose has just started doing something weird. Whenever I hit the bottom target the machine flashes "SLAM TILT" on the dot matrix and the machine turns of. I have noticed that this particular target does have the same colour wire as the slam tilt switch in the bottom of the cabinet.

I have cleaned the switch but it still does the same thing?

Please see the picture of the target that is activating the 'slam tilt'.

Could it be the diode attached to the switch?

Thanks for your help
WW

slam_tilt_(resized).jpgslam_tilt_(resized).jpg

#2 7 years ago

Have you worked on the game recently ? Installed a new switch ? If so start there, be sure it is wired right.

You have a classic switch matrix error. Switch wired wrong, diode on backwards, or a short to switch wiring. Not always at the switch causing issues.

LTG : )

#3 7 years ago

On my Blackrose I was getting resets with hits on the green and sometimes yellow targets. After going through the reset troubleshooting steps with no fix, I went ahead and replaced all the diodes on those targets. Since then (2 months or so) I haven't had a single reset. Doesn't make sense why but worked for me. Maybe new solder or re-stripping wires while replacing the diodes fixed a intermittent short? Don't know. Wasn't getting the slam tilt as you are but just in case it helps.

#4 7 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Have you worked on the game recently ? Installed a new switch ? If so start there, be sure it is wired right.
You have a classic switch matrix error. Switch wired wrong, diode on backwards, or a short to switch wiring. Not always at the switch causing issues.

Hi LTG

That is what is so strange, I have done no work on the game at all. The problem has just come out of nowhere ?

#5 7 years ago
Quoted from Whitewater:

The problem has just come out of nowhere

Then look for shorts to the wiring, at switches, and around the playfield. Switch lugs/diode squished together, pinched wires. Etc.

#6 7 years ago

Problem fixed

The target had touched a GI socket nearby and shorted. I replaced the U20 chip and everything is working perfectly.

Thank you all for your help.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/black-rose-says-slam-tilt-when-target-is-hit?hl=whitewater and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.