IMG_1646.JPG
IMG_1648.JPG
IMG_1649.JPG
IMG_1647.JPG
Black Rose Top.jpg
Black rose side 2.jpg
Black Rose side.jpg

#1 9 years ago

I'm new to pinball owner ship and recently purchased a Black Rose. The shop I purchased from has not been returning phone calls and now I kind of feel on my own. Among the variety of issues I face the one that has me worried most and is foremost on my mind is the ball hitting the glass at the end of the habitrail after a broadsides. Does anyone know if for certain this is suppose to occur?

#2 9 years ago

That definitely sounds like it shouldn't be happening. Sorry to hear that the place you got it from isn't responding, in the future if you're purchasing from a "shop", they should offer a warranty. You might also want to post where you got the machine from for posterity.

Anyways, welcome to pinside, there are plenty of people around to help!

Can you provide some pictures of the habitrail assembly, including how it's affixed above the slings and maybe a side-on shot showing the profile of the two-wire habitrail as well as the diverter at the end?

My suspicion is that the bit at the end was bent upwards by someone grabbing it to lift the playfield instead of lifting from beneath the apron. If so, it should be easy enough to fix but might take some tweaking.

#3 9 years ago

It hits the glass above the flippers or towards the backbox?? Prob just needs an adjustment.

#4 9 years ago

Wow thank you guys for such speedy responses! I've included some pictures below. The ball is hitting the glass just above the flippers. Doing some comparisons to the pinball database photos the thing looks manufactured in someones basement.
Black Rose side.jpgBlack Rose side.jpgBlack Rose side.jpgBlack Rose side.jpgBlack rose side 2.jpgBlack rose side 2.jpgBlack Rose Top.jpgBlack Rose Top.jpg

#5 9 years ago

Looks like the tab at the end of the trail has a slight curve upward on the bottom. where it should actually be flat. when the ball comes down it hits that curve and goes up, hitting the playfield glass. If you can take off the entire assembly and take a hammer and set this piece on a concrete floor and tap the curve out of the bottom and flatten it.

#6 9 years ago

Yup, The tab is wrong. Here are a couple photos I just took so you can see what the end should look like. Even mine has been repaired, someone brazed it. but it should have a slight angle toward the right flipper. I don't know of anyone who sells a new wire ramp. But maybe someone on the forum has one.
Or fabricate... Sorry to hear that the seller isn't returning your calls.
Hope this helps!

IMG_1646.JPGIMG_1646.JPG IMG_1647.JPGIMG_1647.JPG IMG_1648.JPGIMG_1648.JPG IMG_1649.JPGIMG_1649.JPG IMG_1650.JPGIMG_1650.JPG
#7 9 years ago

Thanks for the help! That end is significantly longer and should help with the slow down, I imagine the height of the tab at the end helps with that as well. Looks like it's time to hit the lab and see what I can do with it.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/black-rose-possible-issues and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.