Topic Stats

• 9 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by dr_nybble
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 8 years ago

I'm considering these two for my second machine, POTC is my first.

Which is the better game and which is the better for long term value.

I have a pirate themed man cave/bar so Black Rose obviously will be had at some point as a natural fit however I'm a big Stones fan and the LE machine looks very nice.

Any advice?

#2 8 years ago

I REALLY like Black Rose a lot , my brother has one and we traded for a few months a while back , I worked on it a lot & got it looking and playing good and fast I miss that one being at my house

#3 8 years ago

I can't believe this, but you may actually get more out of Rstone with this choice. The ruleset is deeper and uninterrupted by silly vidja modes.

For BR, the layout is lots of fun! Make sure your cannon works and is adjusted properly or you will be a disappointed pirate!

Both tables, the gameplay is good, but requires specific tastes. Play them both quite a bit and THEN choose!

#4 8 years ago

Black Rose all day.

#5 8 years ago

Black Rose isn't super deep, but it's a lot of fun when you understand the rules and it has a really unique layout. It's a little bogged down by a range of terrible video modes (not a video mode fan and BR has more video modes than any game I can think of). The center of the game has a sweet 3 bank ricochet shot for the cannon, too many people ignore this and just mindlessly shoot up the middle even when Sink Ship isn't lit.

Don't have enough plays on TRS to recommend one over the other, but man TRS is ugly and BR fits your pirate bar perfectly

#6 8 years ago

These two seem virtually impossible to find and play in my area.

I think I'll eventually own both however maybe the logical choice is to stick with the pirate theme with my basement then move on to the non pirate pins.

Only issue I have with going Black Rose first is I will have two very similar games not countin the theme. The main toy on POTC being firing at the ship and on Black Rose firing cannon to the back of game.

Tough choice!

#7 8 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

These two seem virtually impossible to find and play in my area.

What's your area? PA based on posting history? Pinhead Amusements has both games at their location in Bedford, PA.

#8 8 years ago

I'm in the Philly suburbs

#9 8 years ago

I do enjoy my Black Rose . . . you can play it on Pinball Arcade!

It is a pretty hard game (or I am not that good) and very satisfying to sink a ship! Music is fun and piratical too.

More pirate themed machines to choose from!
http://www.ipdb.org/search.pl?tm=pirates&sortby=date&searchtype=advanced

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 27.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 8.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 34.95
4,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Marietta, GA
$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

4,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hackensack, NJ
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/black-rose-or-rolling-stones-le and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.