1390142140596.jpg
20140113_191949.jpg
Addams Family & Black Rose 025.JPG
Addams Family & Black Rose 033.JPG
Addams Family & Black Rose 004.JPG
Addams Family & Black Rose 007.JPG
Green star post.jpg
PC170017.JPG

There are 172 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 4.
#151 10 years ago

I say block off the side lanes with duck tape and install a center post.

#152 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinfidel:

You may be making a plane trip out to Montana jr.
Film it!

Or St. Louis, maybe.

-Mark

#153 10 years ago

Or St. Louis. LOL

#154 10 years ago
Quoted from joekiss:

I would like to trade for a similar game.

Let me take a look around here and see if I can find a similar total piece of crap game to trade.

#155 10 years ago

joekiss, did you get my PM?

#156 10 years ago
Quoted from joekiss:

How else can I say game is for trade? I keep getting silly questions. I would like to trade for a similar game. I don't care if you think its worth $1000 or whatever Im not giving it away. No wonder people don't want to sell things on here anymore.

You will Trade for a Similiar game ,, I think you should Trade it for an EM

( something SLOW so u can play )

Crappy Pin 4-Sale ,, Yr starting off to a Great Start ,, Bite the Bullet & loose a Bit & Move ON .......

#157 10 years ago

I'm hoping to pick one up in a couple weeks. Aarrrrgh!

#158 10 years ago

Did Black Rose originally come with lightning flippers?

#159 10 years ago

only have a zizzle PotC here, and kinda followed-did what the guy did with his toy:
http://zizzlepinballmods.blogspot.com/

bumper pins just ahead of the in-out lane dividers, centerpost between flippers.
it still finds the drains often enough, especially when it starts laddering up across between the slingshots.

for a zizzle anyway, I think he had good ideas to make it a little more fair and playable, I dont always reach battle mode and less often put into wizard mode, where before it was a completely unfun drain-beast. a few days ago upped the challenge a bit with a heat treated (on my stove burner!) black "cannonball" thats harder to follow and harder to judge for making shots. if it gets TOO easy I can always reposition or remove em completely, but its still plenty challenging right now, still puts the ball right down the drains plenty..

#160 10 years ago
Quoted from PinballHelp:

Did Black Rose originally come with lightning flippers?

Yes they were black with lightning bolts. Im missing the upper one. they seem to be pretty tough to find.

#161 10 years ago

So I made you an offer for trade - are you looking for a different title? Perhaps you should list the games you would consider for trade?

#162 10 years ago

This thread is hilarious

Joe you remind me of an ebay listing I saw like 10 years ago where the dude ranted about how his game was such a money pit piece of shit lol.

GLWTPOSS

#163 10 years ago
Quoted from joekiss:

Yes they were black with lightning bolts. Im missing the upper one. they seem to be pretty tough to find.

Rick at BAA/Planetary has reproduced them. They are in stock!

3 months later
#164 9 years ago

Just plugged this in and played it for the first time in a long time. Would still love to trade.

#165 9 years ago
Quoted from genjackson:

I say block off the side lanes with duck tape and install a center post.

gOOd idea , but he's done Sh** on the Pin so Bad ,, I rather C it N Flames ......

or Take it for a ride and toss it out in a 20 mph curve doing 45 .. Seeing it Explode Will stick w/ U 4 the Rest of yr life

Burn Baby Burn 009.JPGBurn Baby Burn 009.JPG
Burn Baby Burn 011.JPGBurn Baby Burn 011.JPG
Burn Baby Burn 013.JPGBurn Baby Burn 013.JPG

Pinbot-Over-board.jpgPinbot-Over-board.jpg
#166 9 years ago
Quoted from RacerRik:

joekiss, did you get my PM?

Yeah, I think the guy wants to trade it, but only when it's convenient for him (sounds bad, but don't mean it like that..? he just isn't in a rush). I traded 14 pm's with him over 3 days, and it took that many to simply establish my location, what games I have and that he wants a dmd game (all which could have been looked at on my info). I prefer people who know what they want and are ready to move stuff along. I don't have time for 7213 one line pm's over 4 years to get to know one another. I prefer people who communicate clearly and try to move things along quickly. Nothing at all wrong with not being in a hurry, it's just not usually what I'm in for. I'm extremely busy, so the little time I have to look at pinside and pins/deals I prefer to be productive time, not "wouldn't it be cool" time. Stick and move as it were. Plus, I think a trader kinda needs to have an idea of what they want if you post a trade item- I don't like trying to come up with every possible combo for the trader- "How about this, how about that?" They should have at least an idea of what they want before posting, or help with the "what if's" at the very least. Or at the very least have an idea of what they DONT want. Something. I'm sure Joe is a very nice guy- he just isn't a highly motivated seller/trader (again, which is perfectly fine)- if ya don't like it, just say thanks and move on.

#167 9 years ago

Didn't realize there was a time limit on these things. Ive worked 40+ hours in the past 4 days along with all of the family garbage for the fourth as well as go to the gym keep a home etc. I don't send novels back each time I reply cause like yourself I can get very busy and when replying on my phone I tend to keep it short. And yes im in no hurry I have no idea what I want for this pin just hoping for something to grab me. You never offered any idea of what you would trade and as soon as I noticed you were quite far away I would have killed it cause I don't want to ship. You really should understand people can get quite busy esp when you message someone on a holiday that leads into a holiday weekend.

#168 9 years ago

We had a black rose for a while. When I first started playing it it used to just kick my ass and I really did not enjoy playing it. I kept at it and eventually the game really grew on me. I kind of miss it now. I was so happy the first time I was actually able to sink the boat!

#169 9 years ago

Mine keeps kicking my ass. Ive done all I know how to do to it though. Problem is I really want to like it.

#170 9 years ago
Quoted from joekiss:

Didn't realize there was a time limit on these things.

Of course there is a time limit - what offers have you ever received that had no time limit? Although the time limit may not be stated explicitly, I think anyone reasonable would suspect you have passed on an offer if more than a week goes by without any communication.

5 months later
#171 9 years ago

I read this is 'the' Black Rose thread. (No Black Rose Club, owners only thread?) Anyway, I just got this game and I'm very excited to get it hooked up. Anyone holding parts for it? If so, PM me please. I would love a Davy Jones' Locker sticker and one of the whirlpool wireforms if people have them... Let me know. Thanks!

#172 9 years ago

I never knew Black Rose had lightning flippers, interesting...

Just bought some lightning flippers to put on my BR, as it was too easy. Put up a billion with regular bats...

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
There are 172 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/black-rose-is-a-tough-game/page/4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.